Destructive shooting day! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Destructive shooting day!

glockfan9
07-31-2010, 08:29
:whistling:

Soo my dads friend has a bunch of land and a few of his friends, dad and myself are going out today to shoot some stuff :tongueout: Ive only ever shot paper targets at the range so im pretty excited. But im trying to figure out what kind of objects i can bring out there to shoot. I wanna make it exciting but safe, nothing that is going to riochet back at any one lol
- Any Recommendations?
- Preferably cheap targets or something i could find in the garage lol
- Anything that you have ever wondered, "what would happen if I shot ____?"

Cerebrus
07-31-2010, 08:35
watermelons are fun.. as are filling milk jugs with colored water.. buying cheap soda and shaking the crap out of the cans is a good time..however this stuff is the way to go..http://460rowland.com/mountain-thunderexploding-target-kit/ check local laws first is my advice... http://www.tannerite.com/.. O and when they tell you minimum distance from you to target... add at least 10 yards.. don't ask me how I know this...

Quack
07-31-2010, 08:40
box of clay targets.

cups or jugs full of water

propane tank.

i have old break rotor's that i'm going to hang up next time i go to the long range.

have an old door of my car that i'll also take to the range.

rsxr22
07-31-2010, 08:41
sounds like your going to have a lot of fun! Every year, i go to the knob creek full auto shoot with the owners of the shop i used to work at in OH and we get to blow up cars, boats, propane tanks, etc and it is a blast!! I love shooting steel and paper at USPSA comps, but its nothing like peppering a school bus with an M2 filled with explosive charges. AHH it is awesome!

glock2740
07-31-2010, 09:25
I save all my milk jugs and laundry soap jugs. Bottled water bottles are good too. Add a couple of drops of food coloring to the clear jugs and that can be pretty cool. Clay targets are fun. A really shaken up can of cheap shaving cream makes a very cool explosion also.

seanmac45
07-31-2010, 09:41
If the wind is good, just blow up some balloons to human head size and let them drift downrange with the wind. They can make for challenging targets as the distance increases. Good practice for simulating moving opponents.

Cobra64
07-31-2010, 10:12
If the wind is good, just blow up some balloons to human head size and let them drift downrange with the wind. They can make for challenging targets as the distance increases. Good practice for simulating moving opponents.

We tie a balloon attached to a stake with a six foot string and shoot laterally on the move at about 10 yards distance. It ain't easy.

pistolwrench
07-31-2010, 10:30
I like concrete cinder blocks. About $1 a piece at Home Depot.
Set up two of them at 25yds. Two competitors. One shot each in turn.
Whoever reduces the height of their block to less than 4 fingers tall first Wins!

glockfan9
07-31-2010, 11:32
Sweet good ideas guys

rsxr22
07-31-2010, 11:37
the cinder block idea sounds like a lot of fun!

pitt1011
07-31-2010, 11:54
Any kind of large fruit is nice. Watermelon, grape fruit, oranges, etc. Definately get instant feed back for your hits on target. Definately a lot of fun with a rifle. We usually shoot some pumpkins after sighting in prior to deer season on my buddy's farm.

glockfan9
07-31-2010, 13:48
Ya i think i may grab a few varieties of large fruits and vegetables. Goin in a hr or two