Success with .40 S&W Reloading [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Success with .40 S&W Reloading

Glock39 Fan
07-31-2010, 15:15
Just wanted to check in regarding my success in reloading .40 S&W rounds for my Glock 27....couldn't find my previous post regarding reloading the .40 S&W.

Sweet!!! I'm using 6.9 Grains of True Blue with a 155 Grain Rainier FP and CCI small pistol primer. After the initial fear of reloading a .40 S&W round based on all the terror stories I've heard, I said a few prayers and pulled the trigger with my eyes closed and head turned. I'm sure there are better combinations out there, but this one is working wonders for me. The bullets are going right where I want them! Be it five yards or twenty-five, I love it.

This is my first go with True Blue, and I really like it. It's a clean burning powder, too. This is also my first go with the Lee Adjustable Charge Bar, too. I would have preferred to use the disks, but none were at 6.9 grains. When I get the chance, I'm going to load up some .45 ACP rounds using True Blue. Right now I'm using 700X.

Anyway, I'm thrilled!

AZBru88
07-31-2010, 15:39
Congrats, glad everything worked out. I've never used True Blue. Enjoy your shooting, stay safe...Bru

D. Manley
07-31-2010, 15:47
True Blue is an excellent powder, meters like liquid. It is very clean and only leaves a bit of yellowish residue that is easily wiped away.

fredj338
07-31-2010, 17:39
I love it when a plan comes together!

GlockPride
07-31-2010, 17:44
Whatever you don't use HS6. It's super dirty and smokey. To the point where you might have to wait a couple of seconds or more to see the target.

WiskyT
07-31-2010, 19:19
"I love it when a plan comes togeather"

Col. John "Hannibal" Smith

GioaJack
07-31-2010, 19:47
Whatever you don't use HS6. It's super dirty and smokey. To the point where you might have to wait a couple of seconds or more to see the target.

Another potential black powder shooter fails the initial test. :crying:

Jack

GlockPride
07-31-2010, 19:50

Jack

More than even odds it won't be the last test I fail either. :tongueout:

shotgunred
07-31-2010, 21:19

Jack

All the powder I shoot is black. OK some of it looks a little gray but most of it is black.:tongueout:

FLSlim
08-01-2010, 20:47
Pat on the back to ya.

GioaJack
08-01-2010, 20:55
More than even odds it won't be the last test I fail either. :tongueout:

All the powder I shoot is black. OK some of it looks a little gray but most of it is black.:tongueout:

And thus we witness the beginning of the decline of the human species.

Farewell homo sapiens, I knew you well.

Jack