kahr pm9 carrying question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : kahr pm9 carrying question

commabc
07-31-2010, 20:10
i carry a kahr pm9 everyday. i own a carrier business, we deliver liquor to restaurants and hotels. its great that they just passed a new law here in virginia that allows concealed carry in restaurants now as long as your not consuming alcohol. i used to just leave it in my van when i went inside to deliver.

anyway my question is this: i've gotten into the habbit of carrying in my right front pocket in the summertime with no holster it seems comfortable to me. however, i dont feel too safe with one in the pipe with this type of carrying practice. if i dont carry in my pocket i guess the most comfortable is at 4 o'clock with an iwb holster. i have the galco sto n go. not sure if its the holster or my body type or what but the gun doesn't seem very concealed at this position to me i feel that it might sit up too high, i dont know. i would think it would be so much easier to wear such a small gun. Can you recommend a different holster or carrying technique for me?

i feel as if i might as well just be carrying a pocket full of rocks if i dont have a round chambered in the gun so i would like to find a way to feel more confident in other techniques. thanks

Mas Ayoob
07-31-2010, 20:36
I don't think the gun loose in the pocket is the safest idea either, and I also agree with you that chamber empty carry isn't the best plan.

However, if the pocket carry has otherwise worked out for you, I would urge you to get a good pocket holster for your Kahr, one that shields the trigger guard area. Practice like heck with it, put a round in the chamber and top off the magazine, and you should be good to go.

best,
Mas