Payat Thread no. 126,346 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Payat Thread no. 126,346

Allegra
08-01-2010, 08:55
Mga fafa,
Dami kong kakilala may komplikasyon sa puso, kakatakot panaginip ko pa naman maging DOM

Normal naman dugo ko , utak lang hindi

Time to start eating more gulay mga BOGs, tanggal kanin , and start walking more

Chie
08-01-2010, 10:33
Mga fafa,
Dami kong kakilala may komplikasyon sa puso, kakatakot panaginip ko pa naman maging DOM

Time to start eating more gulay mga BOGs, tanggal kanin , and start walking more

Will try the organic rice instead. Hirap matulog pag hindi nakapag rice. And hopefully plenty of sexercise :supergrin:

sandman_sy
08-01-2010, 11:23
Hunger and cravings is all in our minds... heheheh

from 210 down to 193... my target is 180.. ang HHHHIIIIRRRAAAAAAAAPPP :p

9MX
08-01-2010, 16:20
yup..two of my officemates suffered from strokes recently,one was in mid-40s, he is now a vegan. the other one is 40 yo, i wonder if he'd turn vegan

horge
08-01-2010, 16:30
yup..two of my officemates suffered from strokes recently,one was in mid-40s, he is now a vegan. the other one is 40 yo, i wonder if he'd turn vegan

I'd rather the risk of stroke.

JuDGe
08-01-2010, 17:29
a younger cousin of mine died of heart attack yesterday, he was just 39yrs old

ans3288
08-01-2010, 17:32
hwag sir! mahirap yun, its very life changing!

a friend of my wife, a doctor, didnt know she was already experiencing a heart attack sa US! kala nya lang stomach acids nya, noong hindi gumaling ang sakit dahil sa morphine, checked at ECG normal, pero noong tinignan ang puro thru angiogram, one ventricle (tama ba) already was 100% blocked! emerygency angioplasty, altho her heart went into heart failure, and up til now, i think naka pahinga.

she is only 35-36ish, lives a healthy lifestyle, picky kumain, could genes play a part also?

Eye Cutter
08-01-2010, 18:11
bad genes ans!

almost everyday nag te-tennis ako, 1-2 singles game. my weight has plateaued... need to cross train...

ppts799
08-01-2010, 19:02
bad genes ans!

almost everyday nag te-tennis ako, 1-2 singles game. my weight has plateaued... need to cross train...

BIKE!!! i lost another 9lbs due to MTB

darwin25
08-01-2010, 21:23

Ditto.

I'm now taking a balanced diet everyday. But there is this saying that cholesterol is always the secret ingredient to good food.:supergrin:

kristiansen
08-01-2010, 21:24
bad genes ans!

and stress i guess.watch out what you eat people,we're not getting any younger.......:cool:

Wp.22
08-01-2010, 22:54
An officematw of mind suffered a mild storke two weeks ago this after he underwent a bypass operation a year ago sobra sa bad foods

bisoy
08-01-2010, 23:55
Mga fafa,

im a hobby farmer and all i can say is..... veggies are not as "good" as they used to be. delikado ang mga veggies and fruits ngayon. in exchange for better profit / secured harvests, farmers are irresponsibly spraying veggies. delikado at nakakalason ang mga ito. some chemicals used are even the same chemicals used in cleaning our toilets! yes, it's that bad.....

if given a choice, buy fruits / veggies that arent as nice to look. these are "safer" to eat. try to cook your veggies well. ofcourse, washing is a must. as for salads, good luck nalang sa atin :)

some farmers also claim na organic sila..... here in bukidnon, almost all are BS. that's the reason why i grow our own veggies for our consumption. mas sigurado pa ito.

fyi lang and hope this helps.....

Putok-Glock
08-02-2010, 00:11
stress stress stress stress...

and to relieve that, you need to...

shoot shoot shoot shoot...simple

productionguy
08-02-2010, 02:12
ung iba siguro lahi na,may common friend kami ni edtf,halos lahat sila sa family may heasrt proble,pero kung titingnan mo naman fit sila and mahilig sa mga outdoor activities.pero ingat na din sa mga pagkain...wagyu na lang lagi,di ba bisoy?:)

Allegra
08-02-2010, 03:21
Yung nga nakaka gulat 30s to 40s din mga kakilala ko may sakit sa puso

Sakin , what seems to work for me
Di ko pinagsasabay ang carbo at fat
Just protein plus carbs o protein at fat

carbs vs fat , mas masarap sakin ang fat e
Kaya todo kain lechon cebu , crispy pata pero WALANG rice at desert

Isipin nyo pinoy diet , adobo/lewchon kawali at kanin binalot

Fat + easily digestible carbs = angioplasty

Lahat naman ng test ko mormal , blood pressure mababa
I actually feel better ngayon kesa nung edad bente

Kung tamad kayo mag exercise bumili nalang kayo ng ipod at running shoes at maglakad kayo isang oras gabi gabi
Sama nyo na mga asawa nyo
Pilitin nyo lang maka 3 weeks
after 3 weeks, hahanapin nyo na ang exercise , no need pilitin sarili

horge
08-02-2010, 05:45
Ditto.

I'm now taking a balanced diet everyday. But there is this saying that cholesterol is always the secret ingredient to good food.:supergrin:

Balance is everything.
If I can rationalize lead dust exposure at the firing range, well,
you can take it from there, lol...

My doc put me on Lipitor a few months ago.
Told me to lay off the cholesterol because of too many blocked
vessels in my brain (one vertebral artery was totally occluded).
I'm on the Lipitor all right... but I gave up on strict dieting --the
stress just wasn't worth it.

I just cooked myself a big-ass paella of well, paella an hour ago:
a pound of bacon substituted for rabbit, a ridiculously fat chicken
cut into pieces. On the side some tender higado de bacalao, some
ribeye steak, and stuffed eggplant.

I do miss my alcohol, but it would mess with my SGPT monitoring.
(I have to cave in to what my doc says, every now and then, lol.)

I'm turning 50 soon, and while I enjoy life, I've been comfortable
with the thought of dying since I was in grade school. I'm doing
what I was put on earth to do, and if it's my time to go, I'm all
set. I really doubt I'd live longer if I went vegan, but I do have
every confidence that I'd live miserably.

So...
I'm on a reasonably healthy diet a fair share of the time, sure.
But I'm all set for my crispy pata + sukang pinakurat this weekend.
Probably 3 cups of rice to go with it, lol...

h.

EDIT: It should go without saying ---we're all adults, and have
different genetic predispositions to influence our life choices
(which involve risks either way we choose). Cooper's Four Rules
apply to more than just shooting.

:)

ans3288
08-02-2010, 06:57
i second the motion!!!

before going into ipsc, my BP was 160/90
now its around 125/80

Putok-Glock
08-02-2010, 08:13
Im 50 and glad I dont suffer yet those ailments mentioned above. Just lucky I guess. But I suffer from tendinitis in my right elbow and scoliosis for years now. But as long as I can shoot straight, I am ok. Its the stress of life that could do us in guys so lighten up w/ a lot of ammo downrange! Its very effective, really...I do regular exercises but not as strenous as you guys. My age wont allow it anymore. I prefer workouts I can maintain regularly say 3-5x a week, than the strenous ones that I can do only 1x a week or less. and I dont forget to shoot...

9MX
08-02-2010, 09:02

+1 if it lets me go quickly...

9MX
08-02-2010, 09:22

marikina valley's doc marasigan said the same thing..we should all try to manage if not rid ourselves of stress, its the root of all problems

Allegra
08-02-2010, 09:45
bad genes ans!

baka you getting muscular fafa kaka laro, mas maganda use a tape measure
I've been going to gym laki binigat ko

Allegra
08-02-2010, 10:09
Dati di ko pinapansin gulay
I figure di naman ako mataba , it's ok

Pero ngayon adik nako sa gulay, it's not about sakit sa puso lang
I just feel better now
Get sick less, injuries heal faster , you just feel different, healthier would be the right word
when I say gulay, I dont mean salad or that tired looking buttered vegetable sa canteen
I'm talking about the complete bahay kubo menu

i_am_infinity
08-02-2010, 10:59
i tried going on a 7 day cabbage diet. I made my self a Minestrone kind of soup insted of the whole veg-basket, it was only cabbage, onions, carrots and tomato. on my 4th day there was significant weight reduction and belly size reduction. nakakasawa lang when you get to the 5th day =P hehehe

ppts799
08-02-2010, 12:08
pilitin nyo lang maka 3 weeks
after 3 weeks, hahanapin nyo na ang exercise , no need pilitin sarili

+ 1 :)

toxic
08-02-2010, 12:41
di makuha sa gym, di makuha sa diet...lipitor, celery blended with vegies...ayun bagsak cholesterol ko..taas naman liver enzymes ko.

PMMA97
08-02-2010, 16:39
I have been rice free for about a year now.
I lost a lot of pounds.
I stopped monitoring my weight when I became more active. Bawas stress kaka kwwenta.

Tokwa ang peborit ko.

Allegra
08-02-2010, 17:38
di makuha sa gym, di makuha sa diet...lipitor, celery blended with vegies...ayun bagsak cholesterol ko..taas naman liver enzymes ko.

Fafa,
Baka stregth training ang ginagawa mo sa gym
Heavy weights, low reps, dami rest at kwentuhan in between exercises? :)

Try mo mag circuit training( hanapin sa youtube ) or spend more time sa treadmill/staionary bike para cardio naman or maglakad nalang gabi gabi for 30min to an hour
Low heart rate pero matagal, para fat burning yung exercise

Katawan ng tao not built to be idle
During my 20s i had zero exercise, not good

Allegra
08-02-2010, 17:55
i tried going on a 7 day cabbage diet. I made my self a Minestrone kind of soup insted of the whole veg-basket, it was only cabbage, onions, carrots and tomato. on my 4th day there was significant weight reduction and belly size reduction. nakakasawa lang when you get to the 5th day =P hehehe

thats the problem w/ any kind of diet promising short term results
Mahirap gawin long term

the best na eat healthier ,iba ibang pagkain then get plenty of exercise
Long term siya, pero the longer it takes means nasanay na katawan mo and you wont go back to your previous lifestyle

9MX
08-03-2010, 07:32
+ 1 :)

ayan si pio, malupit ang weight loss:cool:

toxic
08-03-2010, 11:06
Fafa,
Baka stregth training ang ginagawa mo sa gym
Heavy weights, low reps, dami rest at kwentuhan in between exercises? :)

Try mo mag circuit training( hanapin sa youtube ) or spend more time sa treadmill/staionary bike para cardio naman or maglakad nalang gabi gabi for 30min to an hour
Low heart rate pero matagal, para fat burning yung exercise

Katawan ng tao not built to be idle
During my 20s i had zero exercise, not good

cardio Master A ..i dont lift weights anymore(i did 10 years ago).
my rtn : 3o mins glider 30 mins threadmill 2 to 3 times a week nga lang.. madalas 1 time a week due to work sched sira din madalas diet pag puyat ..dinadaan sa kain.. gym papawis helps me lost weight but taas ng chole..fortified yata sa cholesterol pagkain dito:crying:..my MD gave me the pill and it helps the level down but tumaas naman yung liver enzyme ko..di tuloy ako makainom ng alcohol:whistling: expected na yun pag taas ng liver enzyme due to the pill...pumayag na ko mag pill coz i dont want to die young..gusto ko pang mag ka alzheimer's:supergrin:

presidingglock
08-03-2010, 18:20
cardio Master A ..i dont lift weights anymore(i did 10 years ago).
my rtn : 3o mins glider 30 mins threadmill 2 to 3 times a week nga lang.. madalas 1 time a week due to work sched sira din madalas diet pag puyat ..dinadaan sa kain.. gym papawis helps me lost weight but taas ng chole..fortified yata sa cholesterol pagkain dito:crying:..my MD gave me the pill and it helps the level down but tumaas naman yung liver enzyme ko..di tuloy ako makainom ng alcohol:whistling: expected na yun pag taas ng liver enzyme due to the pill...pumayag na ko mag pill coz i dont want to die young..gusto ko pang mag ka alzheimer's:supergrin:

Sir dapat everyday sa threadmill at least 30 mins. Ako less than 2 mos. lang normal na choles ko.

ppts799
08-04-2010, 02:49
i have a relative na very slim but high pala cholesterol niya. so now she eats mostly veggies despite being very slim na.

because of this, ive always been curious about my health improvement since i stated exercising but i didnt want to spend for the tests. 2 months ago, nakalusot ako sa HMO so they did blood pressure, CBC, fasting sugar, CT scan, ECG, 24hour ECG, 2D echo, cholesterol, ENT check, and thyroid test. all these for free :) everything was normal except in 2 areas

1) sinus brady cardia. below normal heart rate. 37 ang resting heart rate ko
2) above normal HDL cholesterol

at least now i know all is good even in medical tests :)

darwin25
08-04-2010, 03:42
incidentally, I'm losing a lot of weight for the past 3 weeks. I don't know why. Siguro epekto ng 10-20 mins gabi-gabing paghehele ko sa toddler ko with matching humming pa ng nursery rhymes pa.

ppts799
08-04-2010, 04:52
incidentally, I'm losing a lot of weight for the past 3 weeks. I don't know why. Siguro epekto ng 10-20 mins gabi-gabing paghehele ko sa toddler ko with matching humming pa ng nursery rhymes pa.

bro, pa mini check up ka lang sa doctor. better to be sa safe side :wavey:

darwin25
08-04-2010, 05:04
bro, pa mini check up ka lang sa doctor. better to be sa safe side :wavey:

Oo nga e. I plan on going to the doctor this weekend. Very unusual tsaka ang bilis ng pagpayat ko.

Allegra
08-04-2010, 05:22
i have a relative na very slim but high pala cholesterol niya. so now she eats mostly veggies despite being very slim na.

because of this, ive always been curious about my health improvement since i stated exercising but i didnt want to spend for the tests. 2 months ago, nakalusot ako sa HMO so they did blood pressure, CBC, fasting sugar, CT scan, ECG, 24hour ECG, 2D echo, cholesterol, ENT check, and thyroid test. all these for free :) everything was normal except in 2 areas

1) sinus brady cardia. below normal heart rate. 37 ang resting heart rate ko
2) above normal HDL cholesterol

at least now i know all is good even in medical tests :)

37 bpr!! fafa, ikaw ba si Lance Armstrong? hehe astig
Nung triathlon days ko restiing hr ko was around 50 lang, ang payat ko na nun

And yes , kahit payat yata pwede mataas cholesterol
A friend of mine who is payatot, had a higher body fat percentage then me
Di naman ako lean

ppts799
08-04-2010, 08:15
yung mga pros daw umaabot ng 27. since hooked up ako for 24hours, malamang sleeping stage ko ang 37. pero sa docs clinic, 42 ang recorded ko.

yung masama doon, since maganda test results ko, nag lag na training ko and puro junk food, ice cream, french fries, cookies na kinakain ko :)

Allegra
08-04-2010, 08:20
ako i'm trying to bulk up kaso stuck at 205 to 210 pag nag train, ayaw na bumigat
Pag binawasan training,bumibigat nga kaso tyan ko lumalaki hehe

Allegra
08-04-2010, 08:21
How about " The Biggest Loser " Bogs edition hehe

productionguy
08-04-2010, 09:16
game!!kelan ang official weight in at sukatan?:)

toxic
08-04-2010, 09:16
Sir dapat everyday sa threadmill at least 30 mins. Ako less than 2 mos. lang normal na choles ko.

di kaya Sir everyday, laging puyat demanding work lalu na pag on call.

i usually walk to and from work pero nabawasan na din , surrounded by on going construction here at my compound on the desert.. maalikabok and sobra init kahit gabe.

Some said and even my MD said probably genetics, matataas din chole ng mga relatives ko..but i still think its the eating habits.

chole lang talaga problema , Uric Acid is slightly higher than normal, BP is fine , quit smoking again for almost 5 months na(thats my 4th time).

@ Bro PDguy
Whats the price for BOG's Biggest looser...G19c na tumatama sa plates at 40 m :)

ppts799
08-04-2010, 09:56
nag biggest loser ang group ko for only 5 weeks. nag end yung weigh-in first week of december 2009. the winner lost 34lbs in 5 weeks :)

darwin25
08-17-2010, 04:59
I lost 35 pounds for the last 5 weeks. Hindi pa din ako nakakapag-pacheckup. Wala naman ako ibang nararamdaman except for frequent leg cramps and numbing ng outward part ng left thigh ko. I also get stinging/tearing sensation on the same numb part sa left thigh whenever I have to cough hard.

ppts799
08-17-2010, 05:54
darwin, with those symptoms, im surprised you havent gone to the doc for a check up! Gusto mo palo from BOGs? Punta na!

productionguy
08-17-2010, 07:52
darwin pa check ka,ganyan ako dati then nung mag pa check ako diabetic na ako

Allegra
08-17-2010, 08:37
my waistline is now 38.5 hehe
Tama nga kayo
Masarap talaga kumain

darwin25
08-17-2010, 22:11
darwin, with those symptoms, im surprised you havent gone to the doc for a check up! Gusto mo palo from BOGs? Punta na!

Papacheck-up nga sana ko last week kaso nahospitalize naman yung toddler ko for 1 week. This weekend yan ang gagawin ko

Yun nga din ang fear ko. Pero yung numbness and stinging pain sa left thigh ko whenever I cough, I did some research, might be 2 things, either Sciatica or Deep Vein Thrombosis. So definitely to the doctor I will go this weekend

domsky
08-18-2010, 19:35
mga brod,

please see this website .... www.doc-rbnavarro.net...

he will explain everything and also to enlightened everybody..

gud luck...

MERCMADE
08-18-2010, 20:58
Papacheck-up nga sana ko last week kaso nahospitalize naman yung toddler ko for 1 week. This weekend yan ang gagawin ko

Yun nga din ang fear ko. Pero yung numbness and stinging pain sa left thigh ko whenever I cough, I did some research, might be 2 things, either Sciatica or Deep Vein Thrombosis. So definitely to the doctor I will go this weekend

bro you could have diabetes of hyperthyroidism, that big a weight loss is not physiologic

Allegra
08-19-2010, 03:46
mga brod,

please see this website .... www.doc-rbnavarro.net...

he will explain everything and also to enlightened everybody..

gud luck...

Kinakabahan ako dun sa poor memory at low iq at loss of sex drive haha

Sabagay , loss of sex drive wont be so bad if you cant remember it

darwin25
08-21-2010, 20:56

Doctor's diagnosis is maraglia parasthetica. Nothing serious. I'll have to go through EMG this week. I lost a further 5 pounds though

Eye Cutter
08-22-2010, 04:29
...that still does not explain your drastic weight loss.... first thing that comes to mind is NIDDM... worst case, a neoplasm... wag naman sana...

Allegra
09-06-2010, 18:49
Did a 5k yesterday w/ some young triathletes pacing
25+min kasi rest day nila
Nilagnat ako magdamag hehe
that didnt go to well

Wp.22
09-07-2010, 01:01
Did a 5k yesterday w/ some young triathletes pacing
25+min kasi rest day nila
Nilagnat ako magdamag hehe
that didnt go to well

FAFA A, Ironman Bulate ka na lang nyan pag ganya di ka na aabot sa ironman cobra:supergrin:

Allegra
09-07-2010, 02:48
FAFA A, Ironman Bulate ka na lang nyan pag ganya di ka na aabot sa ironman cobra:supergrin:

Ironman butete yata ako bagay hehe laki ng tyan ko
Pinag iisipan actually
Kung di ako sesesantihin ng aking ermats, 6 bwan aabsent :)

half ironman lang ang camsur cobra ironman
Ang totoong ironman event, pinakamalapit ay australia or China

Wp.22
09-07-2010, 04:16
Meaning half the distance lang yung sa camsur sa tatlong events?

ppts799
09-07-2010, 04:28
since last camsur half ironman na sa 2011, may tsismis na baka mag full ironman sa cebu 2012 ha...

Allegra
09-07-2010, 04:42
training for that long race is a pain in the butt, at least para sakin
2-3 hrs a day, tapos mainitin pa ulo mo buo araw kasi pagod ka na
You have to really want it bad hehe

pero miss ko na swimming, kahit nakakataba sya

ppts799
09-07-2010, 07:04
BAHALA NA SI BATMAN

malamang ill do 70.3 white rock tri on november

here we go . . .

Allegra
09-07-2010, 07:34
BAHALA NA SI BATMAN

malamang ill do 70.3 white rock tri on november

here we go . . .

nag marathon ka na pards, sisiw na yan sayo

my patella dreads the run leg :)

ppts799
09-08-2010, 02:42
swim ang kinakatakutan ko fafa A :)

natuto na ako ng easy swim through TI pero super bagal naman.

Allegra
09-08-2010, 18:37
ako run ang kalaban ko kahit it's my fave
I think i broke something inside after that 5k 2 days ago
Hanggang ngayon masama pa rin pakiramdam ko haha

Allegra
09-13-2010, 03:26
For the attention deficient BOGs , ang summary -
List down everything you put in your mouth , magugulat ka sa makikita mo

http://triathlon.competitor.com/2010/08/nutrition/the-single-most-effective-way-to-lose-weight_11834

The Single Most Effective Way To Lose Weight
Updated: Aug 25th 2010 3:53 PM EDT by Matt Fitzgerald

Ignore the smoke and mirrors. Avoiding junk food is the way to go.

Written by: Matt Fitzgerald

There are a million ways you could change your diet to promote weight loss. The options include eating less carbohydrate or less fat, eating more protein, eating more frequently, eating smaller portions, eating more fiber, going vegetarian, and switching from processed to whole grains, to name a few. But of the million ways you could change your diet to lose weight, which is the most effective? In other words, if you could make only one change, what should that change be?

Before I answer this question, let me first define “effective”. Obviously, a dietary change must first of all produce weight loss when practiced correctly and consistently to be considered effective for weight loss. But in my view that’s not enough. I believe a dietary change must also be relatively easy to practice correctly and consistently to be considered truly effective for weight loss. In other words, a change must work in practice for real people rather than just in theory.

There are many dietary changes that work for weight loss only in theory. The most extreme example is the very low-calorie diet (VLCD). If you reduce your daily caloric intake to the bare minimum required to maintain basic health (which is about 800 calories per day for the average person), you will lose a lot of weight. However, you will also be wracked with hunger all day long. Very few people are psychologically capable of sustaining a VLCD. Thus, it’s effective in theory but not in practice.

Some dietary changes for weight loss are ineffective in practice because, like the VLCD, they require inordinate willpower. Others are ineffective because they are too complex, too weird, or too countercultural for most people to practice correctly and consistently. Glycemic index-based diets are an example of the too-complex kind, grain-free diets an example of the countercultural kind. Sure, there are some people who get good results from such diets, but they don’t work for the majority.

By my definition, the single most effective dietary change for weight loss is the elimination of junk food from the diet. This is true for two reasons. First, junk food really is the reason most of us could stand to lose a few pounds. It’s a prosaic fact that’s almost disappointing to accept, but it’s a fact nonetheless. Science and commerce have created a public mindset whereby we want the cause of our fatness to be revealed as a “breakthrough discovery” and we want the solution to our weight issues to be novel and preferably available in pill form. But this mindset serves to do nothing besides distract us from the boring reality that the difference between our actual and ideal weights is accounted for entirely by fried foods, fast food, snack chips, soft drinks, candy, and other sweets.

The second reason that eliminating junk food from the diet is the single most effective weight-loss measure is that it is simple almost to the point of absurdity. If a person knows only one thing about nutrition, she probably knows what constitutes junk food. The average five-year-old comprehends the difference between food and junk food, and this transparency matters. Studies have found that the more complex dieters perceive their nutrition programs to be, the sooner they abandon them.
http://trirock.competitor.com/

But wait a minute: The reason we eat junk food in the first place is that it’s delicious and tempting. Is a junk food-free diet truly more realistic than any other diet? Let me be clear: I don’t believe that any dietary change that has the capacity to yield significant weight loss is easy to sustain. But eliminating junk food is easier than the rest because it is confined to a single change. There is plenty else to eat besides junk food. Eradicating junk food leaves behind all of the true staple foods of our cultural diet.

I know some people argue that labeling certain foods as forbidden only makes them more tempting, but I think this effect is overblown. The notion of forbidden food is as old as humanity, and speaks to something deeply instinctive within us. The ape inside us understands avoiding bad foods better than it does combining foods to manage the glycemic index of meals. Forbidding foods is the simplest way to promote weight loss next to eating less, and it’s infinitely easier than eating less. The key to making food forbiddance work is getting the biggest effect from the fewest taboos, and in that regard you can’t do better than to scapegoat junk food.

Now, if your current diet consists entirely of junk food, then turning your back on it is no small change. But while I’ve been freely using the words “eliminate” and “elimination” up to this point, I don’t think it’s actually necessary to eliminate junk food from the diet in most cases. By merely reducing the amount of junk food in our diets, most of us can lose all the weight we wish to lose while improving the sustainability of the change by allowing some satisfaction of our naughtiest cravings.

For example, if you currently drink three sodas a day, switch to one a day. If you currently eat fast food once a day, switch to once a week. I have a sweet tooth and used to eat some type of dessert after dinner every evening. As part of an effort to get leaner I replaced my habitual desserts with a single square of dark chocolate. This one change trimmed more than 100 calories from my typical day’s energy intake but has not been difficult to sustain because I still get something sweet.

Make a list of the junk foods that are currently in your diet. I don’t need to say another word of definition. You know a junk food when you see it. Consider how often you eat each of these foods, and then—if you don’t think you can live with eliminating it—establish a new, reduced quota for each. It’s so easy, a caveman could do it, and there’s nothing else you could possibly do with your diet that will give you a bigger push toward your ideal weight. I can’t guarantee that this one change will take you all the way there, but it is the best way to start.

Check out Matt’s latest book, RUN: The Mind-Body Method of Running by Feel.