Federal Agency Ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Federal Agency Ammo

Glocknload 19
08-01-2010, 11:29
Does anyone have accurate up to date info on what FBI, DEA, ICE, USMS, and ATF carry in their 40's. I believe most of the Federal agency's still carry Glocks if I'm not mistaken. It would be an interesting post if someone could actually post the weapons and ammo selections of the Federal agencys. I know some of you couldn't care less what they carry. Just thought it would be interesting. Thanks Glocknload 19

JBP55
08-01-2010, 12:04
FBI, G22/G23 with PDX1 ammunition.

fastbolt
08-01-2010, 14:07
Also take into consideration that even though a fed agency may have signed a new contract for ammunition, there may be divisions or offices which don't see that ammunition for some time. That's one of the side effects of ordering millions upon millions of rounds and spreading it around all over different divisions, bureaus & offices.

I've even seen that happen at the state level when I was running a CHP officer assigned to a local multi-agency special enforcement unit through a range qual. We had the latest state contract ammunition on hand, which the CHP was using, but his office still had ample amounts of the last brand of duty ammo on hand which they were still issuing and he had no idea the agency, as a whole, was receiving and using a different brand of ammo within the last couple of years. ;)

hotpig
08-01-2010, 20:17
All DOJ Agencies will be using Ranger Bonded in 9mm and 40 cal when they restock. Ranger Partition in 223.