Best aftermarket/night sights? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best aftermarket/night sights?

pete29
08-01-2010, 21:10
I'm looking to upgrade my Glock 30s stock sights. What do I need to look for in making a selection? What's the best in your opinion and why? Thanks.

tmfisher57
08-01-2010, 21:53
I just bought the Meprolight night sights for my G36 and they're great! First pair I've had and I'm gonna get some for the wife's G17. $75.00 on ebay with free shipping! Pretty tough to beat that. Looked through a few others that were a bit old from friends guns and these are alot brighter... Maybe someone on here has a better brand in mind, but the Mepro's are nice.

skyboss_4evr
08-01-2010, 21:55
You'll get plenty of opinions on this one. "Best" is highly subjective, but I'm partial to Meprolight as well.

Sin City
08-01-2010, 21:57
I just outfitted a 22 and a 21 with the Ghost Rings from Ameri Glo...I really dig them..not a precision sight by any means...but quick and perfect for combat accuracy..te inserts COULD stand to be a scoch bigger...but overall, I'm pleased..

rsxr22
08-01-2010, 22:05
Tru-Glo TFO. Bright fiber optic during day shooting and the brightest tritium out of any NS in my experience. I dont know how you argue with that.

KYMike
08-01-2010, 22:09
I'm partial to Mepros as well. Trijicons have the white rings painted on. Mepros have the rings behind the glass lenses with the tritium tubes. The Trijicons can be prone to having the rings damaged or completely removed by some cleaning formulas (and it's usually messy when it happens).

XS Big Dots are nice, too, but if you're not used to post and dot sights, they'll take some getting used to. TFO's are tritium/fiber optic hybrids and look great in just about any light. Your best bet is to check them all out at a local shop and see what works beat for you. Each option is a little different, and all have their good points.

I like my Mepros with yellow rears and green front. It draws my eyes to the front sight. Another personal preference thing that some people like and others don't, and another reason to check them out in person. Good luck!!

pete29
08-01-2010, 22:13
Tru-Glo TFO. Bright fiber optic during day shooting and the brightest tritium out of any NS in my experience. I dont know how you argue with that.

During my very limited research the TruGlo TFO popped up the most...owners seem to be impressed by their brightness and durability.

ezterra
08-01-2010, 22:15
Like others have said, the "best" night sights will be a matter of opinion. My preference is to have a thinner front sight so there is light on either side of the front sight when holding a sight picture. That being said, I really like the Warren-Sevigny sights. It's a 2 dot tritium sight system where you hold the front dot over the rear dot. The front dot is a nice bright green, and the rear dot is a dimmer, smaller yellow dot. I really like it. You can also get them with no tritium or front tritium only.

vis35
08-01-2010, 22:22
Glock’s factory night sights. They are steel and tenifer finished just like your slide. They have a stronger attachment than anyone else (the front sight screw is about three times longer than any other, it goes clear through the sight). You cannot use too much loctite and damage the front sight tritium capsule. Any Glock armorer can buy them directly from Glock and install them for you.

AmericanGunWorks
08-01-2010, 22:45
I really like the TFO's as well.

04LS1GTO
08-01-2010, 23:01
My Glock 22 has Meprolight sights, but I ordered up some Ameriglos for my Glock 21 because I've read of some differences that I want to experiment with first hand.

cole
08-02-2010, 01:00
I'm partial to Mepros as well. Trijicons have the white rings painted on. Mepros have the rings behind the glass lenses with the tritium tubes. The Trijicons can be prone to having the rings damaged or completely removed by some cleaning formulas (and it's usually messy when it happens). ...

IMO, read the above, then read it again. Then, get Meps.

Case de Callier
08-02-2010, 03:41
Glock’s factory night sights. They are steel and tenifer finished just like your slide. They have a stronger attachment than anyone else (the front sight screw is about three times longer than any other, it goes clear through the sight). You cannot use too much loctite and damage the front sight tritium capsule. Any Glock armorer can buy them directly from Glock and install them for you.

^^^^this.

You can rack the slide with your boot or whatever, and not worry about using the GLOCK sight to do it.

rsxr22
08-02-2010, 07:19
During my very limited research the TruGlo TFO popped up the most...owners seem to be impressed by their brightness and durability.

The TFO is definitely the best. A lot of people talk about other sights and that isnt because any other reason than they have not had experience with them. Even the previous posters, will mention mep, triji, ameriglo, and xs but leave out Tru-Glo.
I have meps and trijis on other guns and i have had them on my glocks. There both a good sight, but imo NOTHING is a brighter fiber optic than the TFO and NOTHING has a brighter night sight

fuzzy03cls
08-02-2010, 07:47
I have a few different ones across different guns & see no difference in actual quality or brightness.

striker6126
08-02-2010, 09:27
I prefer xs big dot's or glock night sights.

HAMMERHEAD
08-02-2010, 09:33
Heinie.

PhoneCop
08-02-2010, 09:38
TruGlo-TFo (Tritium Fiber-Optic)

Great glowing dots during daylight, when the light fails the Tritium takes over; same sight picture 24hrs a day.

Ranger45
08-02-2010, 09:41
A local gunshop recently ran a "Glock Day" event. Part of the event was a special where you could get Glock night sights installed for $60. I've been very pleased with mine. :thumbsup:

Flipz
08-02-2010, 09:41
Im a big fan of the Ameriglo Pro Operator night sights in Yellow rear/Green front.

Constable08
08-02-2010, 10:56
We have Trijicon's on our G21 duty weapons so it was a no-brainer for me to have them installed on my off-duty G30, good sights in my opinion.

chukb
08-02-2010, 15:03
they are also supposedly made by Meprolight.

dakrat
08-02-2010, 15:08
Heinie Slant Pro rear sight & Heinie tritrium front.

Wriggly
08-02-2010, 15:24
TruGlo-TFo (Tritium Fiber-Optic)

Great glowing dots during daylight, when the light fails the Tritium takes over; same sight picture 24hrs a day.

I agree totally with this post and the others that address the TFO's as well. My only problems with them, are that they are very large, and they have a history of very crappy customer service. It is pretty telling when a manufacturer offers only a 90 day warranty, and then it is even worse when it comes time to actually get them to stand behind them.

BigFatGlock
08-02-2010, 15:32
Glock nights sights on my 21SF. Tru Glo night sights on my 27. Both are pretty damn good sights in my opinion.

packinaglock
08-02-2010, 15:37
I really like the TFO's as well.

My favorites as well :supergrin:

Glockwork Orange
08-02-2010, 15:37
I'm looking to upgrade my Glock 30s stock sights. What do I need to look for in making a selection? What's the best in your opinion and why? Thanks.

I've had 'em all and keep going back to Mepro's...the Glock night sights are made by Mepro and I get 'em for $57 installed, so they are on 98% of my Glocks...the white ring around the Mepros help me pick the sights up better...

simmy952
08-02-2010, 15:51
Have a set of Meps tru-dots on my G30. Came that way. Just ordered a set of Ameriglo Pro Operator for my G27 from here- http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/350601935/m/6881024721/p/1. Price was good.

TexasPOff
08-04-2010, 16:38
My busniuess goes to Rick over at Ameriglo. I have professionals on all my Glocks. Just ordered a set of IDOTS to try them out. They are top quality, the inserts are Trijicons, but they cost less. Thier customer service is top shelf. Example, I recieved a set of sights, One of the vials on th erear sight was very dim, bad vial. Called Rick and he sent me out a new one before I sent the other one back. TXPO.

AZson
08-04-2010, 17:17
I just put some XS 24/7 Big dot Tritium on my G38.
It was like shooting a whole new gun for close in shooting
Just fill the target up with the dot and pull the trigger.
I have had Tru-glo on my G27 for about 3 years now. They have never impressed me to much.

Boxerglocker
08-04-2010, 17:25
My choice are XS 24/7 big dots, my G30SF is my EDC, purposefully accessorized for SHTF quick acquisition close combat situations.

Roger G23
08-04-2010, 17:47
Those Meps sound nice....good thread guys.

egl1962
08-04-2010, 18:42
man i thought trijicon was good stuff. they don't seem to popular here. they all i ever even considered. i have a 19 and a 17 i was going to throw some sights on soon. i might have to try somthing different. i was thinking about those big dots already.

rome2240sw
08-04-2010, 22:38
My G22 was a PD trade in and they sight up with trijicon night sights. I seen a couple of the guns they tried new sights on end up in Lawmans for sale. G22's, G 36s, and a banged up G23. All were gen 3 and under $400. I wanted a G23 so bad but the one they had made my Gen 2 G22 look new. Though it isnt beat up in any kind of way.

g34fan
08-05-2010, 11:01
I have TruGlo TFO's on the G34 I compete with as well as on the G26 I carry. Nice and bright in daylight and even brighter at night. I have a green front sight and yellow rears. At night I find it much easier to pickup the front sight with the contrasting colors. The green also glows much brighter than the yellow, so front sight pickup day or night is much faster.

JCROWNII
08-05-2010, 15:20
My vote goes for the Ameriglo Operator Night Sights, Yellow rear/Green front.

They have a Green tritium front sight with white outline and a plain black rear sight with yellow tritium inserts for quick front sight acquisition.

I liked the XS sight system but did not like the huge golf ball front sight that it had so I was looking at the standard front sight.

I went with the operator's because the front sight still accentuates the target the most but you also have the rear sight leaf to make a better aimed shot if need be.

rc2125
08-05-2010, 21:31
Warren tactical, dim yellow rear w/no outline, green front w/white outline, great day sights with nice thin front blade also (unlike most others). Ameriglo are my second choice. Had a couple sets of TFO's fall apart after a couple lower round count matches.

My2Dogs
08-06-2010, 00:39
I had a set of tru glo TFO, unknowingly sprayed them with gun scrubber, ruined the fiber optic. I called tru glo told them what happened, the lady said send them to us with an explanation of what happened. Now I am thinking yea right, these were used when I purchased my G19 so I had not paperwork on them. Well about 2 weeks later a brand new set showed up in the mail. I am a customer for life, I really like them and I had a very positive experience with the customer service side. I now have them on 3 of my Glocks the rest have Glock brand sights.

newmexican
08-06-2010, 03:25
TFOs on my sig p229. Glock steel sights on my 17 and 19 (rtf2 w/gills) and steel sights on my 29.

almstevill
08-19-2010, 03:08
I'm not a fan of the TFO's. On two occasions I have seen the front fiber optic come off of the sight while the pistol was being shot.

jamaicanj
08-19-2010, 13:09
I'm partial to Trijicons

9fan
08-19-2010, 13:53
I have multiple glocks and have tried multiple sight combinations in an effort to find the "perfect" set-up for me. Heine Black, Heine Trij night sights, TFO's, Trijicons, and Mepros.
I like both the TFOs and the Mepros the best for sight picture day and night. However, if I buy any more guns and sights, they will be Mepros as they are tougher if you are banging them around in a defense situation. I think if you banged the TFOs against a door frame, table, or something (one-handed malfunction clearing) they aren't going to stand up as well as the Mepros.

danite
02-23-2011, 23:58
glock oem is trijicon according to my research,don't know where the mepro tale started check it out bucka-roos

Glock40man
02-24-2011, 00:34
I'm partial to Trijicon I like the sight picture. So,I have them on the majority of mine. I also have two with Glock Night Sights. and one with Meprolight.

Data
02-24-2011, 00:47
XS big dots here on the G36

Rebellious
02-24-2011, 00:54

^^ The factory night sights are made by Meprolight and not tenifer finished. Great sights btw. Personally, I like Trijicons but to each his own.

TSAX
02-24-2011, 01:07
http://www.xssights.com/sightimages.html

Small Tony
02-24-2011, 01:07

I did buy Ameriglos for my G30sf recently but soon after took them off and put on Truglo TFOs. The TFOs are OUTSTANDING in the day time and even BRIGHTER at night time than any other night sights I have compared to.

I didn't want to throw away the Ameriglos so I put them on my G36. I hold the G30sf next to the G36 and there is just no comparison. TFOs all the way!

HWA GLOCKER
02-24-2011, 01:11
Meps+++1

Simpleman71
02-24-2011, 03:29
I put mep pro on all of my glocks. Wouldn't use anything else.

EL COLONEL
02-25-2011, 20:02
If you spray Tru glo TFO's with gun scrubber or solvent they go out . Just saying !!!

The Retired Sarge
02-27-2011, 11:05
The OEM Glock brand NS are Meprolight tubes with the steel sight housing made by Glock. You can order Trijicon brand sights on a Glock from the factory but Glock brand OEM NS are deffinately not Trijicon. Bill

Braden
02-28-2011, 12:11
I realize this is an old thread and the OP has probably already purchased whatever it was he decided to purchase, but I'll respond anyway.

I've used Meps, Trijis, Ameriglo's and Glocks but was always interested in the XS Big Dots. For Christmas my wife bought a set for me to put on my G19. I liked them so much I switched all my other Glocks to Big Dots. I love the sight picture and the quick target acquisition. Very little sight alignment is required. You just put the big dot on the target and pull the trigger. It's almost like everything lines up naturally.