Need 6.5x55 gauges [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need 6.5x55 gauges

creophus
08-02-2010, 12:50
Anybody have a set of 6.5x55 (6.5 Mauser) go/no-go gauges that I can rent or borrow?

It would be a real help.

GIockGuy24
08-02-2010, 15:17
You do know the American gauges are shorter than the military gauges? When using them in a military rifle they will almost always check as excessive headspace.

creophus
08-03-2010, 07:43
You do know the American gauges are shorter than the military gauges? When using them in a military rifle they will almost always check as excessive headspace.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I plan to use these gauges when I'm reaming the chamber. I'll have to keep that in mind otherwise I won't be able to use military ammo in the rifle.

GIockGuy24
08-03-2010, 07:58
Didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I plan to use these gauges when I'm reaming the chamber. I'll have to keep that in mind otherwise I won't be able to use military ammo in the rifle.

The military ammo will usually work in a commercial chamber I think. If you are checking a military rifle or fitting an unissued military barrel to a receiver the pre-cut military chamber will nearly always check long with commercial gauges.

Here is some info here.

http://dutchman.rebooty.com/headspace.html