Hercules Bullseye [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hercules Bullseye

wdphillips
08-02-2010, 14:14
Just bought several pounds of vintage unopened Bullseye. It still has the Hercules label.

Would there be any problems using this stuff or mixing it with the current Bullseye?

PCJim
08-02-2010, 14:29
WD, Don't mix it. Keep is separate from any current/new BE that you might have. The formulation for BE has been pretty consistent from the outset and rumor has it that Alliant still tests current production burn rates against the earliest batches that they keep.

As for using it, if it is not showing signs of deterioration, by all means do so. If it was kept in cool, dry storage, it will be fine.

dbarry
08-03-2010, 19:08
+1 on what PC said.

I was given a couple old cans of powder last year (IMR4756 and Hercules 2400). They both still smelled good (like new powder). Both shoot great.

dbarry
08-03-2010, 19:13
...and bullseye gets a bad rap (probably because in some cases you can double or even triple charge) and that makes for a bad day...

however, I love the stuff. My powder thrower is set @ 4.8 grains and I use that setting for 9mm, 38spl, 38 super, 45acp and 45gap. With Berry's bullets it is very clean - and in my short barrel pistols, burns completely.