Hornady LNL AP problem please help. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hornady LNL AP problem please help.

rem2429
08-02-2010, 20:10
So I have a new LNL AP and the shell plate does not advance all the way to the next station. I have to manually index the plate the last fraction of an inch. This is an out of the box problem. I'm new to progressives. What do I do?

IndyGunFreak
08-02-2010, 20:19
Look in the instruction manual, and find the part where it talks about adjusting the indexing pawls. Sounds like thats your problem.

IGF

rem2429
08-02-2010, 20:20
I looked once but will check it again. Thanks.

Bob2223
08-02-2010, 20:25
If the shell plate isn't indexing forward enough with the ram going up adjust the right pawl out a 1/4 turn until the the shell plate detents click in place. If the problem is when the ram going down adjust the left pawl out a 1/4 turn until its right.

If you still have problems call Hornady they will walk you through it.

GioaJack
08-02-2010, 20:27
If you don't figure it out tonight from the manual, (a little adjustment goes a long way), call Hornady tomorrow, they'll walk you through it. You'll kick yourself when you realize how easy it is.

Jack

Should'a known there's nothing better to do in Indiana than troll on the internet.

Three-Five-Seven
08-03-2010, 13:55
When I got my LnL, the directions said the pawls were adjusted at the factory.

They weren't.

I had to adjust the pawl engagement before the press worked the first time.

The instruction sheet is helpful on the matter of pawl adjustment. Not good on other stuff, but good on this.

Adjust your pawls. You'll get a good feel of it once you start messing around with it.

Proceed with confidence.

Colorado4Wheel
08-03-2010, 14:04
I hope you get this fixed because my thumb hurts.

DRGNSLR
08-03-2010, 14:43
The manual also calls for a tiny bit of grease to be placed on the bottom of the shell plate. This won't fix the alignment problem but is mentioned here more as a reminder.

Three-Five-Seven
08-04-2010, 14:16
The manual also calls for a tiny bit of grease to be placed on the bottom of the shell plate. This won't fix the alignment problem but is mentioned here more as a reminder.

On this matter, I have found Hornady One Shot Cleaner Lubricant (not to be confused with One Shot Case Lubricant) to be perfect for cleaning and lubricating the shell plate and deck of the press. Since it's a dry lubricant, it doesn't attract dirt and grime like a grease.

DoctaGlockta
08-05-2010, 09:51
On this matter, I have found Hornady One Shot Cleaner Lubricant (not to be confused with One Shot Case Lubricant) to be perfect for cleaning and lubricating the shell plate and deck of the press. Since it's a dry lubricant, it doesn't attract dirt and grime like a grease.
Great idea. Wonder if it is good for the ram as well?