Wheres the .38 +P 158gr LSWCHP at? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the .38 +P 158gr LSWCHP at?

Chonny
08-04-2010, 20:10
Ive been trying to get some ammo for my S&W 60 2". Wheres all the .38 +P 158 LSWCHP?

Is Buffalo Bore the only company that does this anymore?

JRI
08-04-2010, 20:15
Ive been trying to get some ammo for my S&W 60 2". Wheres all the .38 +P 158 LSWCHP?

Is Buffalo Bore the only company that does this anymore?

In my basement! I handloaded about 2000 rounds of 38 +P 158 LSWHP,have it stored in boxes.

Seriously though,I really don't know who might have it available as I haven't bought factory ammo in many years.

fredj338
08-05-2010, 11:39
Both Remington & winchester still manuf. it.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=548921
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=765718
I wish all my problems were so easily solved.:supergrin:

ithaca_deerslayer
08-05-2010, 12:59
Federal nyclads are still made, as far as I know. That's what I buy.

The "nyclad" is just a nylon coating so they go faster. Makes them super-sonic (just kidding).

fastbolt
08-05-2010, 15:48
Once we stopped stocking Rem R38S12 at our agency range ( :steamed: ), I saw about the only place I could get a good deal on it was at a local cop shop, especially if bought in a case. That was after I switched from the W-W 38SPD load which had a slightly harder lead bullet. I liked the softer lead bullets of the S12 load.

I have a few different loads I occasionally use for training and carry purpose in my assortment of J-frames. Since I'm buying my own ammo for them nowadays I like to remain familiar and practiced with a handful of different loads that I may end up having to use upon occasion, depending on availability & supply.

I also used to use a number of the Federal Nyclad loads in 9mm, .38 Spl and .357 Magnum, and I still have most of a box of the 158gr LSWCHP Nyclad left over (and which I may finish using, since it's just been sitting there in one of my ammo drawers).

BTW, from what I'd always been told, the soft nylon Nyclad process was developed and used in the original S&W ammunition to help control leading and airborne lead contamination, and then later on Federal picked it up.