.45 acp military brass, different load performance? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : .45 acp military brass, different load performance?

GlennP
08-04-2010, 20:23
I know the primers are crimped in military brass, but is it like rifle rounds where you have a lower case capacity thus different preassures/loads? If not, other than the primer crimp, is it any different from commercial brass at all as far as ballistics go? I need brass and I'll pick up ANYTHING :crying:

Thanks!
Glenn

GioaJack
08-04-2010, 20:53
You'll never notice a bit of difference using military brass. Even with +P loads the pressures are relatively low so the thicker walls and web make little or no difference.

99% of the .45's I load are military brass and it outnumbers all other calibers 4 to 1.

Jack

fredj338
08-05-2010, 11:44
I have to agree w/ Jack. The only issue may come w/ loading lead bullets in milsepc brass. The thicker brass & 0.001" larger bullet may cause chambering issues. Of course, you could smash it all back into "spec" w/ a LFCD???

Bob2223
08-05-2010, 11:50
I have to agree w/ Jack. The onyl issue may come w/ loading lead bullets in milsepc brass. The thicker brass & 0.001" larger bullet may cause chambering issues. Of course, you could smash it all back inot "spec" w/ a LFCD???

Fred your lighting the fuse ! :whistling:

Bob :supergrin:

fredj338
08-05-2010, 12:54
Fred your lighting the fuse ! :whistling:

Bob :supergrin:
ME? Hey, I've played w/ one. I don't wholesale condemn it, but it does a poor job w/ certain bullet types like plated. Didn't seem to bother my hard cast lead bullets much, but then I wasn't squeezing them down in milspec brass, could be an issue.:dunno: