Thinking of adding Crimson Trace [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of adding Crimson Trace

G27Chief
08-07-2010, 21:05
grips to my 342Ti.

Thoughts and experiences as they relate to concealed carry/accuracy etc. especially pocket carry.

krunchnik
08-07-2010, 21:27
I have Crimsons on my SP101 and really like them.They are the soft rubber with the fuller grip.They do not get in the way or interfere what so ever.Pretty much the bullet goes to point of aim,that is if I was a better shot they would.On a short barrelled pistol it definately gives an advantage over the regular sights.

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx272/krunchnik/IMG_1297.jpg

Chup
08-08-2010, 19:42
I have played with them on the Range. They were fun. They are very good when dry fire practicing for trigger control. I'm afraid if I used them in a self defense situation that I would waste time looking for the dot and get shot. Now thats just me I don't know for sure. I hope I never fined out one way or the other.

G19aps
08-09-2010, 13:56
Got the 405s on my M&P340. Makes shooting it much more comfortable and I can put 100 rounds downrange before quitting whereas I could only do 30 or so with the standard rubber grips. They are another tool, a way to use the gun without the conventional sight alignment. I practice 50/50 with the laser and regular sights.

I wear glasses and can't see the sights without them. Even night sights at night are too dim for me without my glasses. But I can see the red dot, in fact it's bigger to my eyes when I'm not wearing glasses. So I think that they would help there say if the attack is preceded by me being knocked to the ground and I lose my glasses.

I'm still on the fence as to whether or not they're worth it. Theoretically, I'm never going to need my gun to protect myself or at least, the chance is slim. That $230 could pay for about 2000 rounds of 38 reloads to practice with. If I could find a concealable J frame grip that also helped with recoil and got my right thumb a little farther from the latch (I often get cut by it) like the 405 does I'd probably sell the 405s.

Chup
08-09-2010, 20:26
I never thought about the glasses part. My eyes aren't getting any younger.

cowboywannabe
08-09-2010, 20:41
great for aiding in control of fast pairs, fills the hand a lot better, feels more comfortable, aids in fast shooting with accuracy.

the down side is concealment. you will disappointed if youre use to pocket carry with a boot grip or the like. however, the smaller (shorter version) of this grip is better for pocket carry but the grip is "tacky" feeling to me and i feel it would hamper the draw.

G19aps
08-10-2010, 08:16
however, the smaller (shorter version) of this grip is better for pocket carry but the grip is "tacky" feeling to me and i feel it would hamper the draw.

Yes, the 405s are small like boot grips and soft rubber in front and back. But the sides of the grips are hard plastic so they don't drag on the pocket material as you're drawing or when simply moving around. Allows it to slide.

cowboywannabe
08-10-2010, 13:50
only experience ive had was with the larger grip and the hard plastic pink one.....never held the smaller grip.

Glockbuster
08-17-2010, 15:47
In the process of getting a set for my 340PD. Iīve tried them on a friendīs 360PD, and find them most useful, not only for combat but for practice trigger technique. You can actually see where you would hit while dry firing.

Generalcarry
08-25-2010, 15:12
I have the CT on my 642. If the sun's out, good luck finding the dot. Dusk to dark is a different story.
Try them outside first, if possible.

1 old 0311
08-25-2010, 16:29
LOVE mine. They ride on my J frame in a pocket. Bought them 5-6 years ago and since then I got a set for my nightstand K frame also. Anyone who HAS them loves them. Those who haven't don't.

G27Chief
08-27-2010, 19:04
Thinking I am going to jeep the eagle secret service grips. I find the cons to this issue to outweigh the pros.

Ajon412
08-27-2010, 19:34
I had a pair on my off duty 640 a few years ago, but removed them. I liked the grips, but didn't like the fact that they were activated by obtaining a normal shooting grip and were, in essence, alway on. Tactical, I really don't find it too appealing. Just my .02...

jdavionic
08-27-2010, 19:53
My wife has Crimson Trace on her LCP. She loves it.

the perfesser
08-27-2010, 22:58
I liked the grips, but didn't like the fact that they were activated by obtaining a normal shooting grip and were, in essence, alway on.

Some of the more expensive CT models have on-off switches on the bottom of the grip. That avoids the "always on" phenomenon.

I am considering them for my 442.

Daryl in Az
09-15-2010, 10:49
Originally Posted by Ajon412
I liked the grips, but didn't like the fact that they were activated by obtaining a normal shooting grip and were, in essence, alway on.

Some of the more expensive CT models have on-off switches on the bottom of the grip. That avoids the "always on" phenomenon.

I am considering them for my 442.

I have an older set on a S&W 637-2, and a newer set with the "on/off" switch on a Taurus 731.

The older set has the switch located center front under the middle finger, and it's easy to shoot with it on, or off, by the amount of pressure on the switch.

The newer set on the 731 has the switch located slightly off-enter, to the right, and it's harder to hold the grip without activating the switch. The on/off switch eliminates the chance of accidentally turning the lazer on.

To be honest, I'm not sure which I like better. They both work well for me, and I'd not have a snub without them.

Daryl