Another Components Update [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another Components Update

KiloBravo
08-07-2010, 22:45
Well, my local Wal-Mart has consistently been getting in a fairly steady flow of CCI primers for about the last month or so. I managed to snag about 6K worth of SP and today I picked up 4K of LP. I was happy about that because I was down to only 500 after what I loaded earlier today. The price was about $30/K after tax.

They also had plenty large and small rifle, and a TON of shotgun primers as well. The powder was also plentiful.

I plan on getting a few more pounds of powder and whatever primers I can find the next time I am there too.

How are things looking around other parts of the globe? Is local supply starting to come around, or does most everybody else order online and play the waiting game?

FlyfishermanMike
08-07-2010, 23:10
Here in Utah I can get anything I need from any shop and for good prices. #29.99 per/k for primers and $18-20 for powder. It's been like that for awhile now.

KiloBravo
08-08-2010, 07:03
Here in Utah I can get anything I need from any shop and for good prices. #29.99 per/k for primers and $18-20 for powder. It's been like that for awhile now.

That rocks! Good Going!

BillR
08-08-2010, 07:06
Wal-Mart sells powder and primers?
Not around here...:dunno:

KiloBravo
08-08-2010, 07:10

Yes...They also carry a variety of bullets, various presses, and all of the accessories for reloading. They have for as long as I can remember.

BillR
08-08-2010, 07:16
Yes...They also carry a variety of bullets, various presses, and all of the accessories for reloading. They have for as long as I can remember.

It must be a regional thing. I've never seen that stuff in ANY Wal-Mart in AZ.

KiloBravo
08-08-2010, 07:18
It must be a regional thing. I've never seen that stuff in ANY Wal-Mart in AZ.

That is what I figured too. I have heard from other folks their Wally-Worlds don't carry components either. That really stinks. I hope the ones around here never stop carrying them.

kshutt
08-08-2010, 08:32

Not around here, either! Ours barely have ammo! The Obama Nazi-types have apparently seized control. :supergrin:

KiloBravo
08-08-2010, 08:39
Not around here, either! Ours barely have ammo! The Obama Nazi-types have apparently seized control. :supergrin:

:rofl: I would have guessed PA would be over-run long before OK! Things will only go downhill from here. :supergrin:

shotgunred
08-08-2010, 08:47
How are things looking around other parts of the globe? Is local supply starting to come around, or does most everybody else order online and play the waiting game?
For a while federal primers were the only ones available. You might have to take tour third choice in powder. Bullets never went away.
Now you can get anything you want around here. The price is still high but you can just walk in a pick something up.
Striped lowers have drooped in price. You can pick them up now cheaper than before Obama was elected. Hopefully reloading components will follow.