My primers finally arrived! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My primers finally arrived!

kshutt
08-08-2010, 00:04
Yep, I ordered 7,000 Federal 150 large pistol primers on 3-3-10, and they arrived at my doorstep on 8-5-10! Even with the shipping and hazmat costs, they were still a good price at $30.00/1000.

They're worth the wait for me. All of my .45's like the Feds. I can't say that for some of the other brands, especially if they're being fired out of my G21 or G30.

Anyway fellas, if you your primer stash is running low you better have your order in, because you're in for a wait!

By the way, Jack...........I FINALLY WENT TO THE RANGE AGAIN TODAY! :supergrin: 100 out of the 200 rounds I shot were with 7.0 grns. of Power Pistol and 230 gr. FMJ Zero bullets. Power Pistol is really a blast to shoot! :supergrin:

BSA70
08-08-2010, 06:16
I've been thinking o doing this. Where did you order from? Did they charge you when they were shipped or at the time of the order. What was the price on the web site and what were the hazmat-shipping fees. Currently, I am buying local at $36 out the door for 1000 federals.

Thanks a bunch

kshutt
08-08-2010, 08:05
I've been thinking o doing this. Where did you order from? Did they charge you when they were shipped or at the time of the order. What was the price on the web site and what were the hazmat-shipping fees. Currently, I am buying local at $36 out the door for 1000 federals.

Thanks a bunch

The invoice total was $215.83 from Powder Valley. The charges were as follows: $25.50/1000, $25.00 hazmat, $11.95 shipping (18#), $.50 insurance. My credit card wasn't charged until the order was filled.

Again, I've had opportunities to purchase Wolf and Winchester primers long before my order was filled; however, I passed on those opportunities and waited on the Federals. I've never used Wolf LP primers, and from the posts on GT from multiple users, I never will! And, my 2 Glocks don't like Winchester LP primers. They work fine fired out of my Sig P220 and Wilson 1911, but they don't always go bang with my little striker-fired gems. Federal LP primers are the only primers that I've ever used that pop every time I pull the trigger! :wavey: