getting a saiga [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : getting a saiga

Liquid
08-08-2010, 16:13
should i pick up a regular one or look for one that has already been converted? if i am correct to use a drum i have to have a converted one?

thanks

jamaicanj
08-08-2010, 19:58
You should get a regular and do the conversion yourself. My understanding is that you have to have a certain amount of U.S. parts in it for you to legally use the higher capacity mags.

Glocker08
08-08-2010, 20:29
should i pick up a regular one or look for one that has already been converted? if i am correct to use a drum i have to have a converted one?

thanks

A Saiga shotgun does not have to be converted in order to use a drum.

method
08-08-2010, 23:33
Whether it needs the conversion and the accompanying U.S. parts to be legal with the drum or not ( I'm pretty sure it does), converted is the only way these guns are really worth a damn, in my opinion. In 'sporter' form the S12 has terrible balance and a horrible trigger. Conversion rectifies the balance, and leaves you with a decent, or if you want to spend an extra 50 bucks on an adjustable one, a great trigger.

jamaicanj
08-19-2010, 18:58
A Saiga shotgun does not have to be converted in order to use a drum.

I thought the conversion had to be done so that one could legally use the drum or other high cap mag

Liquid
08-20-2010, 18:32
it seems you need to change atleast one part.

Glocker08
08-20-2010, 20:20
I thought the conversion had to be done so that one could legally use the drum or other high cap mag

As far as legality goes,maybe. I thought the OP meant that the conversion had to be done for the gun to accept a drum. Such is not the case.