Important decision to be made. Need guidance please. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Important decision to be made. Need guidance please.

GioaJack
08-08-2010, 18:47
There are times when the complexities of life become overwhelming and a mere mortal finds it difficult to cope without the help and guidance of others.

Unfortunately I find myself mired in such a quagmire.

Should I watch tonight's episode of Top Shot or drive a nail through my foot. I am cognizant of the fact that the nail choice could potentially lead to meeting a good looking nurse at the emergency room. A lot to be said for that. :whistling:

Jack

KiloBravo
08-08-2010, 18:50
I think you should watch that abomination of a TV show filled with "talent" and THEN drive the nail through your foot. That way, you get to watch your shows, meet a hot nurse at the hospital, and still make it home by this weekend for the race! :supergrin:

32dgrz
08-08-2010, 18:58
I vote nail but,,,
Can you drive a nail through in something that is petrified? :)

Brian Lee
08-08-2010, 19:00
The nail in the foot. Without a doubt.

WiskyT
08-08-2010, 19:08
Since your a Red Sox fan, turn on ESPN, you can watch them loose to the Yankees.

adv
08-08-2010, 19:24
Make your foot watch Top Shot then it can kick you in the backside for even having such thoughts.

n2extrm
08-08-2010, 19:42
Drive the nail, go to the ER with any luck you will find the show on in the ER. :tongueout:

Colorado4Wheel
08-08-2010, 19:55
You know you really like it. You can admit it.

dbarry
08-08-2010, 19:59
...meeting a good looking nurse at the emergency room.

...had to read that twice - i thought you said an emergency at the nursing home! :O)

mitchshrader
08-08-2010, 20:04
no. don't drive a nail in your foot, don't watch the brain drainer, drink 3 really good beers at home and go to bed.

GioaJack
08-08-2010, 20:28
I LOVE COMPETITION, THE MORE PRESSURE YOU PUT ON ME AND THE BETTER I'LL PERFORM

The immortal last words of Top Shot, Blake. Nice shot, dude, it's lucky he didn't wound anyone.

BTW... you guys displayed so much empathy to my TV watching dilemma I decided to call all the ex-wives for advice.At least none of you guys hung up on me.

(dbarry, your vicious post leads me to believe you already know how to sleep with one eye open. :whistling:)

Jack

frankmako
08-08-2010, 20:28
it is nail for me.

Colorado4Wheel
08-08-2010, 20:33
Either way, what kind of sissy goes to the hospital for a nail in the foot.

GioaJack
08-08-2010, 22:06
Either way, what kind of sissy goes to the hospital for a nail in the foot.

HEY. it could be a big nail, a really big nail. Besides, look who's talking, the guy who wears a sissy looking imitation boonie hat he bought at Banana Republic.

A nail through the foot is more manly.

Jack

Glolt20-91
08-08-2010, 22:42
HEY. it could be a big nail, a really big nail. Besides, look who's talking, the guy who wears a sissy looking imitation boonie hat he bought at Banana Republic.

Jack

You should clip your toe nails more often. :supergrin:

Bob :cowboy:

Cobra64
08-09-2010, 00:07
Neither.

Have a brew, and light up a smoke.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Cartoons/Juxtaposition07.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Cartoons/Juxtaposition01.jpg

DWARREN123
08-09-2010, 01:46
Read a book and improve your mind. :supergrin:

IndyGunFreak
08-09-2010, 06:11
Well, the episode wasn't that bad. The final challenge wasn't horribly difficult. I was sad to see Kelly go.. he's persevered through the whole season, despite constantly being Nominated, despite him usually performing better than most in the challenges.

Kelly probably would have been safe, but he made some tactical errors(loading more than one round in the magazines) that cost him.

robin303
08-09-2010, 12:46
I don't know Jack but all the nurses I ever had looked like Ernest Borgnine. :whistling:

fredj338
08-09-2010, 13:05
I would have driven a nail into my foot w/ a handgun round! Really, Blake cracked me up. Could he have pushed the shot any further off the target?:rofl: Semi-pro, yeah baby, give me a cool ameture any day.:tongueout: The final challenge certainly favored the young guys. It was more about getting up the fricking hill than shooting well. That one would have kicked my old ass!

unclebob
08-09-2010, 13:35
I don't know Jack but all the nurses I ever had looked like Ernest Borgnine. :whistling:

Should have joined the Air Force. :usaf: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

WiskyT
08-09-2010, 13:37
I am cognizant of the fact that the nail choice could potentially lead to meeting a good looking nurse at the emergency room. A lot to be said for that. :whistling:

Jack

Cops and nurses, now there's an idea...

The best part about nurses is they always have cute friends to hook up with when your nurse is working.

unclebob
08-09-2010, 13:41
I would have driven a nail into my foot w/ a handgun round! Really, Blake cracked me up. Could he have pushed the shot any further off the target?:rofl: Semi-pro, yeah baby, give me a cool ameture any day.:tongueout: The final challenge certainly favored the young guys. It was more about getting up the fricking hill than shooting well. That one would have kicked my old ass!

I have seen many of Mater Class shooter pull a shot.
Hell, I would have died before I even got close too the first platform. Or even trying too make a shot that would hit a target. if I even made it that far.

fredj338
08-09-2010, 15:38
I have seen many of Mater Class shooter pull a shot.
Hell, I would have died before I even got close too the first platform. Or even trying too make a shot that would hit a target. if I even made it that far.

Me too, done it many times racing the clock, but one would think a master class shooter would relax & make the shot. There was no time limit.:dunno:
I would have given the hill the old college try, but I am pretty sure it would have kicked my ass @ 54yrs young.:faint:

unclebob
08-09-2010, 15:41
Me too, done it many times racing the clock, but one would think a master class shooter would relax & make the shot. There was no time limit.:dunno:
I would have given the hill the old college try, but I am pretty sure it would have kicked my ass @ 54yrs young.:faint:

I think that there was a 10 second time limit

Lethaltxn
08-09-2010, 15:42
What they did on this episode is what they shoulda been doing the whole time. And cut out all the whining.

unclebob
08-09-2010, 15:50
What they did on this episode is what they shoulda been doing the whole time. And cut out all the whining.

I thank you still would still have the whining by the same people.

GioaJack
08-09-2010, 17:36
I'm the first to admit that in my lifetime I haven't shot more than a hundred, maybe a hundred and twenty bullets, (that's what you call 'em, isn't it?) and to say that I'm a miserable shot would be... well, lets just say I've been known to miss the sky with bottle rockets. That said, with all the rounds they sitting in those boxes even I would have eventually lucked into a hit... as long as it didn't get dark first.

Unless I missed something in the rules, why were they loading magazines? Why not drop a bullet into that little small hole where they go at the back of the, the, you know, the long thing that the bullet comes out of... close that slide thing then just shoot? Wouldn't that have saved a bunch of time? Then when they were done with the shot the slide thing would have looked like when they started... there's a name for it I think... locked open? Oh well, you probably know what I'm trying to say. Wouldn't doing it that way have been faster.

Will those big scary black guns even shoot without a newspaper in them? Wait, that's not right... I mean magazine, a magazine in them?

Oh, I have one other question;

WHERE THE HELL WAS THE WHEELCHAIR RAMP LEADING UP THAT DAMN HILL? :dunno:

Jack

n2extrm
08-09-2010, 18:32
Jack,
I was thinking similar to you. And while we are on it the first few shooters chased the fuse why? Wouldn't it be smarter to have a spot down the line and shoot it there? Oh yah like the guys who hit it, your right.

GioaJack
08-09-2010, 18:54
With the fuse shoot the one who was at a disadvantage was the first shooter... for him the event was based on time, he had no idea if the rest of the shooters were capable of hitting it so the pressure was on him to have the longest fuse.

After the first shooter failed to cut it the game changed, length of fuse was no longer a factor just simply cutting it kept you in the game. Move down to a couple inches from the little bomb and group ten shots right on top of the fuse. You get to live and fight another day.

Shooting at a target is one thing, being involved in a gamesmanship competition is similar to being engaged in a social encounter, the outcome is usually determined by what you do between your ears, not what you do with the tip of your finger.

Been my experiences anyway... everyone else is a lot smarter than me though so there's probably a better way.

Jack

janice6
08-09-2010, 19:34
Go for the nail, at least you know how that will come out.

Colorado4Wheel
08-09-2010, 19:54
I thought it was a pretty good show. They should all have had that much shooting.

njl
08-09-2010, 20:05
With the fuse shoot the one who was at a disadvantage was the first shooter... for him the event was based on time, he had no idea if the rest of the shooters were capable of hitting it so the pressure was on him to have the longest fuse.

After the first shooter failed to cut it the game changed, length of fuse was no longer a factor just simply cutting it kept you in the game. Move down to a couple inches from the little bomb and group ten shots right on top of the fuse. You get to live and fight another day.

I was surprised, it took several shooters turns before they started figuring out "all I have to do is break the fuse...my length doesn't matter."

Last night's episode was actually one of the best...it was nearly all shooting...none of the whining and bickering in the house.

ron59
08-10-2010, 07:54
I agree... this is the way people should have been "judged" all along. If you can succeed at the shooting tests, you stay. Have the worst accomplishments, and go home.

That "Survivor" crap was really disgusting.

I hated to see Kelly go also. I think he was a little conservative on his run, but I also think he was wise. He made sure he got his hits, and stayed moving. The others saw his good run and knew they had to cut corners to beat him... as in only loading one bullet in the pistol, and first rifle, etc. He really put the pressure on them. He might should have tried to "go" a little faster, with his youth/fitness he should have been able to scamper fairly well and not get too winded.

Blake "I really do well when the pressure is on" sure did choke that shot, MAN was that a miss!!

njl
08-10-2010, 10:14
Blake "I really do well when the pressure is on" sure did choke that shot, MAN was that a miss!!

Didn't he complain early on that the Beretta they were using wasn't a Glock?

Zombie Steve
08-10-2010, 10:32

Jack

Just don't try to crucify yourself, Jack. It's impossible to get that last nail in. :whistling:

GioaJack
08-10-2010, 10:42
Just don't try to crucify yourself, Jack. It's impossible to get that last nail in. :whistling:

Not a problem... there are more than enough people who have volunteered to help me out in that situation. It gives me a warm feeling to know I have such good friends.

Hey, we're having our annual 200 yard black powder silhouette in Wadkins on Saturday, the 21st. It's great fun, good prizes at the awards ceremony.

If you want to come up I'll set you up with one of my rifles and teach you how to shoot black powder. It's probably time for you to learn to shoot like a real man... then you can get rid of all those sissy guns. :whistling:

Jack

Lethaltxn
08-10-2010, 11:03
Didn't he complain early on that the Beretta they were using wasn't a Glock?

No that was Brad. He got booted a while ago.