Best Ghost Ring sights for a Mossie 500 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best Ghost Ring sights for a Mossie 500

Deaf Smith
08-08-2010, 20:13
Guys,

My 20 inch 590 came with ghost ring sights by Mossburg.

But my 500 Mariner has none. It has an 18.5 inch barrel.

So if I was to add sights, any recomendation as to a real good set that does not need gun smithing (if possible.)

I know MMC used to make a banded front sight, but it looks like MMC drop them.

Thanks,

Deaf

TexasNativeDRJH
08-08-2010, 20:43
LPA / PSI makes a new banded front sight, but I can't find any place that sells them. As far as I know you have to get them direct from them so I don't know how much they cost. I want a set badly for my 20" M500

Deaf Smith
08-09-2010, 16:11
Texas,

What I would REALLY love to get is a 14 inch barreled 'entry' Mossie with ghost ring sights, but the $$ and paperwork, uh!

Thanks, I'll look inot the LPA sights.

Deaf

Ultimate CC
08-09-2010, 22:36
I use the LPA sights but had to order them directly like mentioned above.

TexasNativeDRJH
08-11-2010, 01:06
I used to have the MMC banded front sight on my old Mossberg, it always moved after a few rounds and I didn't like how the elevation was set. Too much room for recoil induced movement. I hope the new LPA's work better

AK74play
08-30-2010, 21:32
Just order a set of Factory ghost rings, they are adjustable for windage and elevation and very user installable. The front sight will epoxy right over your front bead and it will stay on there, the rear will attach to your already tapped receiver . The really good part is the set is only ablut 60 to 65 dollars directly from Mossberg.

Deaf Smith
09-01-2010, 17:26
Just order a set of Factory ghost rings, they are adjustable for windage and elevation and very user installable. The front sight will epoxy right over your front bead and it will stay on there, the rear will attach to your already tapped receiver . The really good part is the set is only ablut 60 to 65 dollars directly from Mossberg.

AK,

Thanks. How does that empoxy keep that front sight on? Must be REALLY strong. Do they use in on the factory guns that come with the ghost ring sights?

Thanks,

Deaf

AK74play
09-01-2010, 18:52
AK,

Thanks. How does that empoxy keep that front sight on? Must be REALLY strong. Do they use in on the factory guns that come with the ghost ring sights?

Thanks,

Deaf
Yes it is really strong, I have 2 installed like that and never an issue. The stock guns you ask about are silver soldered on because there is not already a bead to work around......

Deaf Smith
09-02-2010, 16:58
Yes it is really strong, I have 2 installed like that and never an issue. The stock guns you ask about are silver soldered on because there is not already a bead to work around......

thanks,

I'll give it a try. The other sights cost almost as much as the gun!

Might even see if the local smith can silver solder it in place (just in case.)

Deaf

Saleen
09-08-2010, 00:02
I just had my Mossberg 500 installed with ghost ring sights. I bought the sights that are made by mossberg. Had a local gunsmith install them (soldered the front) and re-blue the barrel all for $100. Havent had a chance to shoot it yet, just picked it up today.

Question, do i have to adjust/setup the sights or is that not needed on a HD shotgun?

AK74play
09-08-2010, 13:42
I just had my Mossberg 500 installed with ghost ring sights. I bought the sights that are made by mossberg. Had a local gunsmith install them (soldered the front) and re-blue the barrel all for $100. Havent had a chance to shoot it yet, just picked it up today.

Question, do i have to adjust/setup the sights or is that not needed on a HD shotgun?
Probably not because of the close distances, but I would anyway, better safe than sorry.........

VN350X10
09-12-2010, 17:23
My 590-A1 didn't come with Ghost Ring/ramp setup, but I added the factory ones. Used the existing bead as a locating lug when I silver-soldered the ramp on.
And YES, It's a PITA to put the heat shield on over the ramp, but it CAN be done.
Zeroed mine w/slugs for bowling pins @ 75 yds.
Yes, it will when you find the slug load it likes, mine is the 1 1/4 oz Federal 3".

uncle albert

Tazz10m
09-12-2010, 20:01
Hey Uncle, have you tried the TruBall load yet?

VN350X10
09-12-2010, 20:36
No Tazz, haven't had a chance yet. That's still on the "to do" list.

uncle albert