Other reason than clean for a clean gun [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Other reason than clean for a clean gun

jack76590
08-08-2010, 20:43
In one thread you say it is ok not to clean some model guns between range sessions. I assume, you believe it is ok to walk around with a loaded, dirty handgun. I admit I don't clean my carry weapon until I arrive home. But sometimes I think I should clean it at the range.

My concern is not that the gun is dirty and will not fire. Rather it is that I will be near a shooting incident and the police will arrive and try to establish who fired shots. If I am there with a loaded gun in this situation and have not fired any shots, I really would like my gun to be clean.

I think the place you really want a clean gun is at gunshows, that allow you to carry your gun, even if they require it to be cable tied. A cable tie can be put in place a lot faster than a gun can be cleaned. I think in the event of a discharge, which has happened at gunshows, the police would consider any dirty gun suspect.

Maybe I am being too much, "belt and suspenders" concerning this situation. Would be interested in your take on this potential situation. Thanks.

Mas Ayoob
08-09-2010, 10:33
Jack, I never argue with the "belt and suspenders" approach. :supergrin: