AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!! What does everyone on here use to upload their pics? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!! What does everyone on here use to upload their pics?

skippz
08-08-2010, 22:51
Trying to find a sweet site that I can use to upload pics of range reports and so on and so far had no luck whatsoever. I did photobucket but when I try to save my uploaded images it says" Oops, the url seems to be broken" What the H-E-Double hockeysticks does that mean? Tried shutterfly and managed to get thumbnails uploaded on here but can't get them any bigger!!! Grr... please any help would be appreciated.

GamerGirl
08-09-2010, 00:46
I use photobucket.

Have you tried googling your problem?

skippz
08-09-2010, 01:29
a little bit but I kinda just tried other sites... thanks for the advice though

buckhunter3987
08-09-2010, 01:33
in photobucket all you have to do is copy the VB code under the picture in your gallery. I think its the 3rd one down, starts with [IMG]. Just paste that in your post.

zackwatt
08-09-2010, 01:52
imageshack.us

skippz
08-09-2010, 02:05
imageshack is the one I went w/... thanks all!!!

dotsun
08-09-2010, 05:42
I prefer dropbox. I'm too lazy to upload a ton of pics so I just drop them into my dropbox folder and then link them from there. As a bonus they're backed up online automagically.

Dandapani
08-09-2010, 05:53
photobucket is the suck. too many times, uploaded pix linked from here exceed PB's bandwidth limit and go dark.

imageshack.us works just fine.

IndyGunFreak
08-09-2010, 07:45
photobucket is the suck. too many times, uploaded pix linked from here exceed PB's bandwidth limit and go dark.

imageshack.us works just fine.

I've never had a problem w/ Photobucket. If you use their paid service, you get unlimited bandwidth, and their "unlimited account is cheaper than imageshak's...

IGF

Drjones
08-09-2010, 08:46
Couple thoughts:

1) How big are the image files you are trying to upload? I think most photo hosting sites will automatically re-size large images, but wouldn't surprise me if they didn't and they are rejecting your images because they are too big.

2) What type of internet connection do you have and what is the speed? Perhaps your internet connection is timing out & having an issue with the upload.

zackwatt
08-09-2010, 12:00

+10000

There are countless forums with dead image links, and they are all from photobucket...

brausso
08-09-2010, 12:04
I would suggest Picasa (owned by google)

IndyGunFreak
08-09-2010, 13:11
+10000

There are countless forums with dead image links, and they are all from photobucket...

I don't know how this could be Photobucket's fault. You can go back and find PB links that I've posted over the years, and they are still there, unless I've either deleted them or I've exceeded my bandwidth on a free account...

If you think PB is crap, then so be it, but suggesting its crap because you find dead PB links, is nonsense. It could simply mean the user has deleted the images, exceeded their free bandwidth, or just flat out canceled their account.

IGF

Dandapani
08-09-2010, 19:26
I've never had a problem w/ Photobucket. If you use their paid service, you get unlimited bandwidth, and their "unlimited account is cheaper than imageshak's...

PAID SERVICE. You said it. Most do not use a paid service.

I use imageshacks free service and my linked pix NEVER go dark. As the poster above said, all the dark links are photobuckets and we are talking about recent threads.

IndyGunFreak
08-09-2010, 19:45
That's my point, I don't use their paid service either.... my images have never went dark, other than when I deleted or moved them. Their paid service however, is considerably cheaper than the other options.

IGF

GlocksterPaulie
08-09-2010, 19:48
Listen to IGF he knows his tech ****. I think he is really Bill Gates.

Paulie:tongueout:

Green_Manelishi
08-11-2010, 11:54
I prefer dropbox. I'm too lazy to upload a ton of pics so I just drop them into my dropbox folder and then link them from there. As a bonus they're backed up online automagically.

I "love" that word !!! I used it quite frequently in the past; my boss hated it though; probably 'cuz he was an eye-dee-ten-tee PICNIC. :wow:

boomhower
08-11-2010, 14:53
If it's something that you aren't wanting to keep for yourself online then use tinypic.com It's main function in life is to host pics for message boards. No bandwidth cap, heck you don't even have to sign up for an account of any kind, just upload the pics. Privacy obviously isn't much, but if your posting it on a message board that doesn't matter much anyways.