Federal "NT" brass [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Federal "NT" brass

Justincase
08-09-2010, 12:50
Federal “NT” brass

Sorting range brass I came across some federal “NT” head stamped brass this brass also has a knurl about halfway up the case, I have some federal brass with just the knurl and no” NT” head stamp, they both have slightly larger flash holes then the regular federal brass. (And sure burns clean, looks like new brass inside after firing)

Does anyone have experience in reloading this brass?

Does the difference in flash hole size make deference in how you reload?

cwb
08-09-2010, 13:14
I've seen no difference in the way they shoot. Win NT on the other hand...

jmorris
08-09-2010, 13:43
From all the tests that I have done the larger flash hole reduces the SD of the load a little.

PCJim
08-09-2010, 16:30
I've been finding Federal NT cases of late that have crimped primers. The primers pop out easily enough, but repriming is a go/no-go tossup. If it won't prime easily, toss it into the recycle bucket.

CitizenOfDreams
08-09-2010, 17:48
I personally toss NT brass, as well as any other brass that deviates from the mainstream. It's just not worth the headache. :dunno:

Justincase
08-09-2010, 18:33
I've been finding Federal NT cases of late that have crimped primers. The primers pop out easily enough, but repriming is a go/no-go tossup. If it won't prime easily, toss it into the recycle bucket.

RCBS crimp remover die set can fix that easy enough, the ones I have do not seem to be crimped.

PCJim
08-10-2010, 16:07
RCBS crimp remover die set can fix that easy enough, the ones I have do not seem to be crimped.

Just, I have the Dillon Super Swage unit and "could" swage the primer pocket if I wanted to. I have plenty of 9mm brass and really don't want to spend the 2 minutes it would take to swage a single case. Call me lazy, or swimming in 9mm. :cool:

GioaJack
08-10-2010, 16:11
Just, I have the Dillon Super Swage unit and "could" swage the primer pocket if I wanted to. I have plenty of 9mm brass and really don't want to spend the 2 minutes it would take to swage a single case. Call me lazy, or swimming in 9mm. :cool:

2 minutes to swage a single piece of brass? Does it take you an hour and a half to watch '60 Minutes' too? :dunno:

Jack

PCJim
08-10-2010, 16:34
What? You want me to stop my enjoyment of relaxing with my blue koolaid? I'd have to get up off the bench stool, walk six feet to the right and grab a C-clamp, walk twelve feet to the left and clamp the SS to the bench, swage.....

Naw, I just boxed up two large flat rate mailing boxes of 9mm. I really don't need to stop and swage a single case. I'll just keep enjoying the blue in a steady rhythm. :dancing:

GioaJack
08-10-2010, 16:39
Looks like someone read the users guide and discovered the BLUE color key. :whistling:

Jack