Pass it Forward for Reloaders? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pass it Forward for Reloaders?

Hogpauls
08-10-2010, 15:23
I just had a chance to help out a fellow GT reloader with some brass that I don't use but had laying around. Now I kinda have this warm and fuzzy feeling.:cool:

I know we have a Free TAGH forum with a Pass it Forward thread already, but I thought it would be kinda cool to have one for reloading related items only. This way we wouldn't have to muddle through all the holster, magazine, unwanted refrigerators and what not threads. Keeping it strictly free or maybe asking for postage on larger items I think would be reasonable. The cost of a flat rate box is a small price to pay in order to help someone out and in return.......who knows what.

Anyone interested?

GioaJack
08-10-2010, 15:53
Anyone have an extra girlfriend they're not using? Being a newb when it comes to the female gender I did some research on the internet to help me determine what would best fit my needs.

It appears that the model I'd be interested in is in her mid to late forties, 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall, blue or green eyes, blond hair and approximately 120 to 125 pounds. Natural equipment is preferred to factory manufactured.

This particular model has received rave reviews on the internet and appears to be a very good place for a newb to start.

Please PM me for mailing address. Be advised that I am not looking for permanent ownership rather a short term testing period just to get a feel for it... as it were. :whistling:

Jack

shotgunred
08-10-2010, 16:30
Sounds like my mother in law. But I warn you she is Italian. I would be happy to pay one way flat rate shipping.

PS Fair warning she is a hippy.

Hogpauls
08-10-2010, 16:41
Jack, I'm concerned for you. Perhaps you didn't read the little warning label on the side of the bottle. Let me paraphrase it for you "consult your doctor before engaging in such activity". A man of you generation stature should be extremely careful if not having EMTs standing by whilst you do your "testing".

IndyGunFreak
08-10-2010, 16:43
I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I'm guessing since most of us here are CRB's, we're going to figure out a way to use everything.

Personally, if I ever get a progressive, I'll probably "pay forward" my LCT.

GioaJack
08-10-2010, 16:55
Sounds like my mother in law. But I warn you she is Italian. I would be happy to pay one way flat rate shipping.

PS Fair warning she is a hippy.

Italian, huh? Naw, gonna pass... I don't date anyone who can grow a better mustache than me.

Jack, I'm concerned for you. Perhaps you didn't read the little warning label on the side of the bottle. Let me paraphrase it for you "consult your doctor before engaging in such activity". A man of you generation stature should be extremely careful if not having EMTs standing by whilst you do your "testing".

I don't need to read no stinkin' label, I'll be dead for three days and still perform better than lesser men.

(If the EMT's are good lookin' females they don't need to just 'stand by'. Who am I to deprive them of participating in their wildest fantasy.)

Jack

KiloBravo
08-10-2010, 17:20
Hogpauls,

I would be more than willing to jump on this bandwagon. You did a very nice thing and I am sure it is most appreciated! :cool:

If there is something small I can send to somebody that you can use, please feel free to ask. :wavey:

Boxerglocker
08-10-2010, 17:28
I'll play...

I got a brand new set of Lee dippers.... in the box never used. Got them as a stocking stuffer X-mas thing they other year when I first started loading. I'll need a couple of days to pull them out of storage, but they are free to anyone that can use them. I only ask that you kick in the postage, regular mail once you received them.

LDO
08-10-2010, 18:02
Boxer,
what exactly are they? Sorry, i'm very new to reloading and don't have all the lingo down just yet.

I'm in the gathering phase right now. The wife surprised me with a Hornady LNL press the other day.
Guess it was a late welcome back from Iraq gift. We're in the middle of buying our final home so I'm just getting smart and reading alot about reloading and acquiring dies, shell plates, etc.

Anything anyone has laying around that can help would be great!

Zombie Steve
08-10-2010, 18:03
I guess I'm a little jaded because I've sent brass, on my dime, to a guy that was begging for it and didn't get so much as a thank you, let alone postage. I've had a similar thing happen with a cheap holster and a set of grips. I'm not asking for a humanitarian award, but I've yet to get so much as a "Gee, thanks" PM for paying it forward.

:steamed:

unclebob
08-10-2010, 18:03
Hogpauls,

I would be more than willing to jump on this bandwagon. You did a very nice thing and I am sure it is most appreciated! :cool:

If there is something small I can send to somebody that you can use, please feel free to ask. :wavey:

Nothing personal but you need too change your avatar. Every time I see your avatar, my blood pressure rises.

IndyGunFreak
08-10-2010, 18:07
Boxer,
what exactly are they? Sorry, i'm very new to reloading and don't have all the lingo down just yet.

I'm in the gathering phase right now. The wife surprised me with a Hornady LNL press the other day.
Guess it was a late welcome back from Iraq gift. We're in the middle of buying our final home so I'm just getting smart and reading alot about reloading and acquiring dies, shell plates, etc.

Anything anyone has laying around that can help would be great!

You probably wouldn't get much use out of it w/ an LNL (I'm assuming we're talking about the progressive press, and not the little single stage).. Get a quality scale if you haven't already.

It's like a little scoop that you use to dip powder into the case, usually w/ a funnel.

KiloBravo
08-10-2010, 18:28
I guess I'm a little jaded because I've sent brass, on my dime, to a guy that was begging for it and didn't get so much as a thank you, let alone postage. I've had a similar thing happen with a cheap holster and a set of grips. I'm not asking for a humanitarian award, but I've yet to get so much as a "Gee, thanks" PM for paying it forward.

Damn, that really sucks Steve. I cannot stand ungrateful people like that. If there is not something I have for trade, I will at least offer to pay postage for the item(s) I received.

KiloBravo
08-10-2010, 18:29
Nothing personal but you need too change your avatar. Every time I see your avatar, my blood pressure rises.

:rofl:I was planning on changing it the first time somebody complained about it. You were the first one to do so. :supergrin:

I will work on changing that tonight for you Uncle Bob! :wavey:

unclebob
08-10-2010, 18:38
:rofl:I was planning on changing it the first time somebody complained about it. You were the first one to do so. :supergrin:

I will work on changing that tonight for you Uncle Bob! :wavey:

Thanks. Him and guns just donít mix. Been wanting too say something for a long time.

GioaJack
08-10-2010, 18:42

Did the same thing with that guy with the screen name 'blablabla'. Sent him .44 mag brass... not so much as a thank you. Sending a PM is free, isn't it?

Little Stevie thanked me for his turret press though, many times, so that makes up for it.

Jack

IndyGunFreak
08-10-2010, 18:47
Damn, that really sucks Steve. I cannot stand ungrateful people like that. If there is not something I have for trade, I will at least offer to pay postage for the item(s) I received.

I agree.. you need to post the names so we can publicly flog them. That's ridiculous.

I've given a couple of things away via GT(a holster, and an old IDE hard drive I had) and felt I was thanked appropriately.

Edit: By the way, Jack... did I ever thank you for taking off your mask for my avatar? ;)

IGF

GioaJack
08-10-2010, 19:02
Edit: By the way, Jack... did I ever thank you for taking off your mask for my avatar? ;)

IGF

It would appear that the internet is a lot like liquor... they both lead to a bit of not necessarily warranted bravado. :whistling:

Besides, I always wear a mask so I don't scare small animals and young children.

Jack

Zombie Steve
08-10-2010, 19:28
I agree.. you need to post the names so we can publicly flog them. That's ridiculous.

IGF

Nah. Not a huge deal, but his screen name reminds me of a joke:

How is a lawyer similar to a sperm cell? They each have a 1 in 600,000 chance of becoming human.

:whistling:

dbarry
08-10-2010, 19:31
i don't date anyone who can grow a better mustache than me. lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McGriff
08-10-2010, 19:49
From what I've seen, there are two catagories of reloaders:

1) Very generous and helpful

2) Greedy MF's

99% fall under #1

Boxerglocker
08-10-2010, 20:34
You probably wouldn't get much use out of it w/ an LNL (I'm assuming we're talking about the progressive press, and not the little single stage).. Get a quality scale if you haven't already.

It's like a little scoop that you use to dip powder into the case, usually w/ a funnel.

What Indy said;

here is a link to what they are: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=943305

PCJim
08-10-2010, 21:32
+1 to McGriff!

JesseCJC
08-10-2010, 22:17
I participate in the one for castboolits. I wouldn't mind one here but it should be a I took this, here is what I offer type deal IMO

bush pilot
08-10-2010, 23:17
If someone were to send me their 650 I would reimburse the shipping and give them a huge public thank you.