Synchronize multiple devices [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Synchronize multiple devices

whitetiger7653
08-10-2010, 20:09
I need help on how to synchronize multiple devices. I have a Mac desktop (10.4.1.1) computer, Gateway laptop (windows 7), and Iphone 3G. Plus I would like to have a backup of everything just in case.

I am starting school and it would be easiest if all the devices were synched with the same documents, contacts, calendar, etc. I looked at Apple's Mobileme but it doesn't support 10.4.1.1. So that is out.

I am thinking of uploading all my photos to my webshots account. Then uploading all my music to my laptop. But that still leaves all my documents and email that I use and alter on each individual device every day. So any suggestions?

Pierre!
08-10-2010, 23:04
I use a system designated as the server to hold it all. My Powerbook can access the share on the windows system just fine. No body has local data but the 'server' workstation.

Then I have Mozy Online Backup back it all up to the internet storage, AND put it on a local USB drive.

That way, when my house burns down my data is somewhere else... but when I need to do a restore of a particular file I deleted or corrupted I just grab it off the USB drive - this is VERY handy when restoring a Virtual Box virtual machine that is 5 to 8 Gb to restore - would take quite a bit of time to pull off the internet!

Mozy Online is pretty awesome for me!

This guy says Mozy Online Backup is pretty good stuff!
Back To School Gift Online Backup! (http://seeberconsultblog.com/back-to-school-gift-online-backup/)
Substitute 'August' for July to get the discount...

HTH

srhoades
08-10-2010, 23:18
Switch to Google Apps.