M&P Concern [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : M&P Concern

MAGICMANIA
08-11-2010, 00:07
I would like to purchase an M&P and have done a ton of research on the pistols and I have narrowed it down to a 4.5 inch M&P 45 but I am having a hard time buying it. The reason is I have used and shot Glocks for the last 10 years and I have some weird phobia about buying something different than a Glock. It will be in rotation for carry and classes. It has a several features I really like such as the beavertail , good mag capacity and parts are readily available for it. I just cannot figure out what is keeping me from buying it. I am open for input and discussion.

MSgt Dotson
08-11-2010, 05:22
The M&P45 feels much trimmer than GLocks in .45 acp...(I own both); one feels like a brick, the other... an axe handle.

In fact, the M&P45 even 'feels' better in the hand than Glocks in 9/.40 as well....; slightly longer front to back, but noticeably less 'square'...

With the smallest backstrap installed, the M&P45 feels like a Colt Govt Model....; to me, that is a complement.

MAGICMANIA
08-11-2010, 06:15
I have large hands and I have a G34 and sometimes the grip feels to small if that's possible, I have thought about going to a 21SF if I do not go with the M&P 45.

FLglock22
08-11-2010, 14:36
I recently made the switch from glock to m&p i had a glock 17,21,22,23,26 i sold them all except the 23 my first glock i bought a m&p 9c and 40c and recently bought the fullsize 45 recoil is way less than a g21 and being able to swith backstraps is great to glad i made the switch and there is no looking back i plan on an m&p 357 sig real soon good luck with your choice but you cant go wrong with either one

Bob

MSgt Dotson
08-11-2010, 15:01
I like the M&P45 so much, I have the M&P45C lined up for the my next purchase....; looking forward to a semi-'CCO-like' hybrid, compact 8 shot frame with the 4.5" bbl/slide from the standard pistol....

walkin' trails
08-11-2010, 19:42
I've carried a full sized M&P 45 for the past year and it is a good shooting, reliable gun. I've fired somewhere around 3500 rounds thus far and it has never jammed, limp wristed, failed to feed, failed to fire. Only had one concern and that was when one of the rolled pins in the frame started to work its way out. I boxed it up and sent it back to S&W under warranty and it came back within a week. That was when the gun had probably 800 rounds thru it. The gun is accurate. Its easier to carry concealed than a Glock 21. Is it as "all around" good as a Glock? Only time will tell as Glock has over 20 years of reliable reputation. S&W has built a good gun that I'm comfortable shooting and carrying, but I still appreciate my Glocks.

MAGICMANIA
11-09-2010, 16:07
I am a new M&P .45 owner as of today. I picked up a 4.5 inch with Trijicon night sights and 3 mags. I had been debating on getting one for a few months but decided to go ahead and do it. I appreciate the responses.

Morris
11-09-2010, 17:30
Good to read! Join the club. We'll have jackets shortly . . . :)

MAGICMANIA
11-09-2010, 23:49
Thanks!

METS
11-10-2010, 13:23
I just purchased a m&p .45 full size a week ago.It fits my hand a lot better than my Glocks it shoots alot better than the 30sf I used to have.

Morris
11-14-2010, 18:19
Here you go:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1284471

fastbolt
11-16-2010, 12:47
The simplest way I've seen to influence Glock owners to buy M&P's is to let them shoot my M&P 45.

Now I see M&P 45's almost every time I turn around among other instructors. I've seen an increase in some M&P 9's, too, especially the compacts (among Glock G26 owners).

It's not a bad thing to have another good choice in service pistols. ;)

G33
11-16-2010, 17:26
Same here.
When at the range, I will loan the RO any of my M&Ps.
His trainees will pick the 9mm and .45 over Glocks each time.
:supergrin:

jhertzler
11-22-2010, 10:21
I have two M&P nines (9L and 9C) and I love them both. I also have two Glocks (21SF and 23) Fine guns all of them. Sometimes you see people dis the triggers on M&Ps. I have no idea why. I find the M&P trigger to have much more of a "glass rod" break to them -- not at mushy as a Glock. Very well made. Really like the biggest backstrap that fills my hand very well (palmswells, too). jrh

I would like to purchase an M&P and have done a ton of research on the pistols and I have narrowed it down to a 4.5 inch M&P 45 but I am having a hard time buying it. The reason is I have used and shot Glocks for the last 10 years and I have some weird phobia about buying something different than a Glock. It will be in rotation for carry and classes. It has a several features I really like such as the beavertail , good mag capacity and parts are readily available for it. I just cannot figure out what is keeping me from buying it. I am open for input and discussion.

Larry V
11-22-2010, 11:57

I have 18 glocks I also Own Sigs , HK Beretta, Walther Colt ect. My MP 40 and 40Compact are amazing. My Glock 22 sits in the safe as a result. They are extremely accurate. I have an MP 45 with the 4.5 barrel and its a great gun

PlasticGuy
12-01-2010, 13:59
The Washington State Patrol loves their M&P .40's, and the Washington Department of Corrections loves their M&P 9mm's and .45 ACP's. It's not like it just appeared on the market last week. They're in the hands of law enforcement, and have proven to be excellent pistols.

MAGICMANIA
12-02-2010, 01:08
I have been happy with mine so far, I have about 550 rounds through it. I am going to send it to Robar to have the slide done in NP3 or Nickel, no reason or issues I just want to do it.