Thoughts on Hi Viz sights? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Hi Viz sights?

DesertGuy
08-11-2010, 11:50
I am thinking about installing some fiber optic sights on a G22. I may well only do the front sight.

Does anyone have any experience with the Hi Viz brand sights? I really couldn't find a review.

How sturdy are fiber optic sights? How hard are they to fix if the tube does break.

Thanks everyone.

DG

whatsupglock
08-11-2010, 11:55
Hi Viz is okay. The fiber is really big in diameter so the dot looks HUGE! If you have a front sight tool or wrench they are a breeze to put on. Just use some blue locktight or you will lose the sight. The fibers in the hi-viz are super easy to change. The sight comes with a little tool that allows you to pop the fibers out and replace them easily.

It's cheap. Try it out. If you don't like it, get something different. I won't buy another hi-viz. Too many other choices that are better. I am a huge fan of the Warren/Sevigny sights, but they cost a lot more money. A hi-viz sight will work with the stock rear sight on your 22. If you go with another type, such as the Warren/Sevigny combos, you will need to change both front and rear sights.

AZBru88
08-11-2010, 12:46
I just ordered 4 more front red fiber optic sights from AmerGlo (http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/fiber-optic/front-sights). I love fiber optics and have TruGlo's on all my Glocks except my 17C. I found the AmerGlo's to be thinner and brighter. They are.1" where stocks are .14" wide. I have old eyes the dot and extra light from the thinner front sight let me pick up my target much faster.

Rosco Benson
08-13-2010, 09:53
The Hi Viz "overmolded" front sights are my favorite. The clear overmold prevents any worries about the fiber optic rod coming out.

Rosco