To all my friends [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : To all my friends

PCJim
08-11-2010, 13:43
Being the friendly, collaborative and helpful forum members that we all are, and in my personal effort to continue to uphold that spirit of this reloading community, I want to pass along this sure indication that reloading components are coming down in price.

I received an email from Wideners to this current sale today....

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=278|284|737

AZBru88
08-11-2010, 13:53
Wolf at $18 Nice! Can't wait for everyone else to catch up too! Thanks...Bru

IndyGunFreak
08-11-2010, 14:49
Being the friendly, collaborative and helpful forum members that we all are, and in my personal effort to continue to uphold that spirit of this reloading community, I want to pass along this sure indication that reloading components are coming down in price.

I received an email from Wideners to this current sale today....

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=278|284|737

Wasn't there supposedly a bad lot of Wolf primers.. several members here posted numerous problems w/ failure to fire, on other forums, when they called... they were told it was a bad lot, and return them(which of course they can't do, because it's a hazmat item).

IGF

fredj338
08-11-2010, 15:25
More likely, Widener's bought so many during the height of the shortage that they are now swimming in Wolf primers. As the other US manuf come on line, fewer will buy Wolf. I know I shy away from the SP, too many bad reports of misfires & primers even falling apart in the press!

PCJim
08-11-2010, 15:35
My only experience with Wolf brand primers is with their designated .223 SRP. I haven't had any problems with those (purchased over a year ago for testing purposes).

I would think that Wideners probably placed a huge order to intentionally offer a sale price, especially since the shortage as eased some. A lot of vendors do just this.

Anyway, whether anyone wants to try them or not, it does show that the component prices are beginning to retreat to more normal levels. PVI, who usually has good pricing (and will combine ship!), still lists Wolf at $25.50/K but shows them as out of stock.

GioaJack
08-11-2010, 15:35
Isn't it rather presumptuous of you to assume you actually have friends on this forum? How do we know you're not a plant from the current administration with the goal of gathering gun and ammunition related information for some secret nefarious list?

The question must be asked, why were you the only one to receive, what you claim to be, an offer for primers at below market rate? Is this a ploy to garner votes for the mid-term election and in January we'll all be hit with a retro-active 150% internet tax?

Tread lightly fellow forumers, (I just made up a word), the BS that PCJim, (if that's really his name) is spreading may be a thin cover over quicksand.

(Just in case it's not I gotta go get my credit card.)

Jack

PCJim
08-11-2010, 15:55
Well, in that case my friend.....

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu42/PCJim/surveillance.jpg

Boxerglocker
08-11-2010, 15:59
Wasn't there supposedly a bad lot of Wolf primers.. several members here posted numerous problems w/ failure to fire, on other forums, when they called... they were told it was a bad lot, and return them(which of course they can't do, because it's a hazmat item).

IGF

Keep spreading that around Indy, the more there will be for me :supergrin:

I haven't had anymore issues with Wolf SSP with my Glocks in 9mm or .40 than with CCI or other manufacturers.

DRGNSLR
08-11-2010, 16:00
Isn't it rather presumptuous of you to assume you actually have friends on this forum? How do we know you're not a plant from the current administration with the goal of gathering gun and ammunition related information for some secret nefarious list?

The question must be asked, why were you the only one to receive, what you claim to be, an offer for primers at below market rate? Is this a ploy to garner votes for the mid-term election and in January we'll all be hit with a retro-active 150% internet tax?

Tread lightly fellow forumers, (I just made up a word), the BS that PCJim, (if that's really his name) is spreading may be a thin cover over quicksand.

(Just in case it's not I gotta go get my credit card.)

Jack

:rofl::rofl:

Kwesi
08-11-2010, 19:13
I received that same email earlier today and remembered the past posts of problems but I think those were not brass.

FLSlim
08-11-2010, 20:25
Thanks PCJ, but see what you get for being the nice guy! Just ignore the rest of the bullet pushers. They are just jealous...:winkie:...because Wideners likes you better.

Too late for me--on my last family trip to Louisiana I loaded up on CCIs from Cabelas and at 50% greater cost. On the other hand, I'm just happy to see supplies seem to be becoming more available!

PCJim
08-11-2010, 22:12
Just goes to show you that us flatlanders do look out for others and can, at the same time, be most polite to those mountain folk that the thin air has made a bit cantankerous.

freakshow10mm
08-11-2010, 22:15
I've used the Wolf SR Mag primers plenty and they worked well. I don't load .223 anymore so I've been using them in 9mm and in .357 Mag with great results.

gwalchmai
08-11-2010, 22:53
Jim, you are a Great American. I left a couple of boxes so as not to be greedy... ;)

I've shot thousands of Wuffs and never had a problem, not even in powderpuff loads. I've always found Wideners to be a reputable firm and I doubt these are bad.

GioaJack
08-12-2010, 09:33
Update on Wolf primers. Apparently they have a fairly good supply and will be running the advertised pricing until at least the end of the month.

For those of you who are big gamers I can certainly understand the concern over reports of unreliability. I welcome the occasion failure to fire and actually load 'bad' rounds on purpose... clearing malfunction should become second nature and the worst time to learn is in the middle of a social encounter.

I just ordered 10K SPP and 10K LPP, $22 shipping plus $25 HazMat. With what I have on hand that should keep the butler busy enough to keep him from bothering me when I'm conducting personal training with the maid.

They said the primers should ship within 3 days.

Jack

RustyFN
08-12-2010, 13:24
Lets hope the other places catch on and lower their prices too. It would sure be nice to get close to where we were 2 or 3 years ago. Thanks for posting Jim.