Customer Service? You Bet :) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service? You Bet :)

Ruggles
08-11-2010, 14:51
OK so today I get this email from George at MI Gunslingers:

"Hi Brandon,

I received your CQB Elite today. Looks sweet!

Gunslingers order# XXXXXX Wilson order# XXXXXX

Wilson CQB Elite
.45ACP
Armor-Tuff Black Slide Over Grey Frame
Tactical Boot Rear Sight
Gold Bead Front Sight
Checker Underneath Trigger Guard
Bullet Proof Package w/ Tactical Safety
Black G10 Starburst Pattern Grips
Extreme Dehorn for carry
No front cocking serrations

Total delivered price: $2840.00

Balance Due: $ 300.00 "

As you can see I still owe $300 on the gun. I email George back and tell him I will send the $300 out today via money order and ask him if he can send a pic for me to drool over. This is the only info exchanged between us and then I receive this email from George about 1 hour latter:

"Brandon,

I would have loved to send you a few pics but I already packaged up and shipped the gun to you. It will arrive on Friday by 3:00pm. The USPS Express Mail tracking number is XXXXXXXXXXXX. I wanted to make sure you had your new toy for the weekend. I will let you know when your final check arrives.

Have fun!

George"

The man sent me the gun without receiving the last payment of $300 just so I could have it before the weekend :supergrin: He had my FFL on file from my last Wilson he sent me so he sent this one as a nice little surprise for me. Now that is customer service indeed :)

Just wanted to share a story of excellent customer service as we all too often only hear the bad on internet forums. Well that and I wanted to rub it in that I will be shooting a new Wilson this weekend :tongueout:

Lots of great 1911s and lots of great dealers, I know there are many great dealers outside of George on this very forum as well. Ain't America great.

Tactical black
08-11-2010, 15:26
Very cool indeed and pictures are a must. :supergrin: :wavey:

Ruggles
08-11-2010, 15:35
Very cool indeed and pictures are a must. :supergrin: :wavey:

I am going to post pics here of course and at the High Road...oh wait I was banned from there cause I am Troll :rofl:

bac1023
08-11-2010, 15:46
That's awesome!

Looking forward to the pics. :)

Tactical black
08-11-2010, 15:48
I am going to post pics here of course and at the High Road...oh wait I was banned from there cause I am Troll :rofl:

I think we're all trolls there :rofl::rofl:

I can't figure out what I did too be a troll oh well. :dunno:

Ruggles
08-11-2010, 15:52
I think we're all trolls there :rofl::rofl:

I can't figure out what I did too be a troll oh well. :dunno:

It's Bac's fault, he is a bad influence :)

On a serious note.....now that I have that paid out it is time for a new 1911. Pretty much narrowed it down to:

1. Wilson Classic
2. Nighthawk Dominator

Now lets say each of these are laying on a table and you can pick one up and leave with it, which one do you choose all things being equal? I am leaning towards the Nighthawk just because I have a Brown and now two Wilsons so I want to mix it up a little. I am also drawn to the Wilson due to the fact I can get it in .38 Super :) Ahhhh what to do what to do......

bac1023
08-11-2010, 15:56

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm a fellow troll. :supergrin:

bac1023
08-11-2010, 15:57

I know, they didn't take to kindly to my little Glocktalk meet over there.

CMG
08-11-2010, 16:24

On a serious note.....now that I have that paid out it is time for a new 1911. Pretty much narrowed it down to:

1. Wilson Classic
2. Nighthawk Dominator

Now lets say each of these are laying on a table and you can pick one up and leave with it, which one do you choose all things being equal? I am leaning towards the Nighthawk just because I have a Brown and now two Wilsons so I want to mix it up a little. I am also drawn to the Wilson due to the fact I can get it in .38 Super :) Ahhhh what to do what to do......

Can you order the Nighthawk without the big bird on the slide? :whistling:

It does sound like you could stand to diversify a bit more. :cool:

Hokie1911
08-11-2010, 17:56
Just another example of how awesome George is to deal with. Keep hearing this over and over and over. Glad to hear and congrats on a sweet pistola.

Hackett
08-11-2010, 18:09
Sounds very fitting for a Wilson order as Wilson Combat is the same way to deal with. They even answer the phone like you are old friends, and are more than happy to help people.

It's nice to hear this kind of thing in the midst of the crap Gun Shop FKA's throw around.

Thanks for letting us know about a great company, and when you have her, we'd all appreciate pics to drool over! Congrats!

Rinspeed
08-11-2010, 20:01
Great story Brandon, look forward to some pics.

itstime
08-11-2010, 20:08
Um I'm drooling over those specs. Pics are a must.

bac1023
08-11-2010, 20:10

:agree:

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
08-11-2010, 20:21
I dealt with George for my Custom Operator - he is very friendly and will answer endless questions. I asked him a lot of stuff before I had decided what to order.

Also, I had some pretty severe health problems earlier this year. I have since recovered, but in the midst of all that, I asked to cancel my order for my 2nd Custom Springfield. He got me my 30% deposit back from Springfield.

GREAT guy to deal with!

Ruggles
08-11-2010, 20:26
I dealt with George for my Custom Operator - he is very friendly and will answer endless questions. I asked him a lot of stuff before I had decided what to order.

Also, I had some pretty severe health problems earlier this year. I have since recovered, but in the midst of all that, I asked to cancel my order for my 2nd Custom Springfield. He got me my 30% deposit back from Springfield.

GREAT guy to deal with!

Glad to hear you are doing better, we shared some time on the FN forums talking PS90 a couple of years ago.:) Yeah George is a great guy no doubt. This is my third 1911 from him and he has been very accommodating each time.

Pics will be posted this weekend for sure :)

Cobra64
08-11-2010, 20:41

Since I was hidining under the troll bridge, I can still post pics.

http://quichemoraine.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/troll.jpg

:wavey:

weatherbyman
08-11-2010, 21:50
george is a great guy, I got my brown from him. He never got tired of my is is here yet e-mails lol

glock2740
08-11-2010, 22:15
Ditto and congrats! Sounds like it's gonna be a really badass gun. Can't wait to see some pics.

GVFlyer
08-11-2010, 23:06
One more thumbs up for George and Gunslingers - I bought my last Brown from him and he's a real gentleman.

bac1023
08-11-2010, 23:12

Since I was hidining under the troll bridge, I can still post pics.

http://quichemoraine.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/troll.jpg

:wavey:

:rofl::rofl: