Glock 30 mag issues [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 30 mag issues

dieseldude
08-11-2010, 15:03
Well I went to the range to day with my 17, 19 and 30. When I was loadind up the ten rounds of .45 in the 30 mags I noticed at about the sixth round it looked like the magazine spread open. I havent noticed this before and it has over 500 round threw it. Loaded both up and went to shoot down range and on the first shot I did not eject, I couldnt pull the slide back but a 1/4 of the way. So after further inspection found that the mags were the issue. They will not hold 10 round any more the last round just pop out. Called glock and im gonna have the mags shiped out tomorrow and the said agter they inspect them they will ship me two new mags. Has anyone ever had these issues with the higher cal mags?

JR
08-11-2010, 20:31
The old 1st & 2nd gen mags were known to separate (metal from polymer) however I have not heard such a thing regarding Gen3 mags?
Besides the inconvenient it really does not matter. They guarantee the product and are replacing it right. If you are diligent and watch what you are doing you will never be caught with your pants down (or a busted mag)

dieseldude
08-12-2010, 15:02
Yeah they are gong to replace them, I just sent out the mags today. I have heard of it happening to the older mags just never seen it before. Oh well thanks to the great customer service I will have two new ones next week. Im glad I have others.

dieseldude
08-12-2010, 15:03
I should take a trip to GA lol, it not to far from me.