Why have so many old mesages disappeared from this forum? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Why have so many old mesages disappeared from this forum?

jeffreybehr
08-11-2010, 17:10
Do they fall off by age? Surely if GT can have forums with hundreds of pages, we 357SIG fans could have ONE uncensored page?

NitLion
08-11-2010, 19:26
It appears all the forums only go back as far as the beginning of the year..... I guess its important to get a sticky if you want important or hard to find info to stay around...

JBarbaresi
08-20-2010, 20:31
Do they fall off by age? Surely if GT can have forums with hundreds of pages, we 357SIG fans could have ONE uncensored page?

are you adjusting the "display options" at the bottom of the main 357 forum?

jeffreybehr
08-21-2010, 10:59
are you adjusting the "display options" at the bottom of the main 357 forum?

Oh my, I never saw nor adjusted them, but the 'age' selection was WAY too short. I now have 3 pages.

TYVM JB.

JBarbaresi
08-21-2010, 11:21
Oh my, I never saw nor adjusted them, but the 'age' selection was WAY too short. I now have 3 pages.

TYVM JB.

no problem, i just figured that out myself not too long ago.

jeffreybehr
08-21-2010, 20:09
I finally found that there's a GT-wide setting in User Control Panel that controls that....equals no more very-short forum pages. :supergrin:

dglockster
08-22-2010, 06:26
A moderator told me that GlockTalk had been the target of a hacker attack. As a result, servers were changed out and all of the older posts were lost as a result of changing servers.

Peter M. Eick
08-22-2010, 16:42
I suggest you do as I do an save every thread to your hard disk. You can then sort them out and store them by topic.

In internet explorer hit the ALT key, a, f, s and you will have it saved.

I have saved just about every thread I ever was interested in for the last decade and threads all sorted by topic. It is about 40 GB's worth of data now but what a great resource.

Glockbuster
08-24-2010, 12:45
I recently saw some important info on speer gold dot manufacturing date and now I can't find it anymore. It was older than a year and I selected a year and older in the advanced search options and still no go. Only a handfull of posts come back.