Lone Wolf barrel and compensator... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lone Wolf barrel and compensator...

wdphillips
08-11-2010, 17:15
I recently bought a used (new for my 34 year old son) Glock 21. It came with a Lone Wolf barrel (black, no logo) threaded, with a compensator. It also came with the stock Glock barrel.

Since the Glock is intended when we attend a Front Sight course in October I put the stock Glock barrel back in the 21 for his use.

My intention is to use the Lone Wolf barrel and compensator with my Glock 21 for reloads (no lead yet, just FMJ). Since a have a stock length, stainless LW barrel I was at least reloading correctly for the barrel and my reloads chamber in the new black LW barrel and it shoots quite nicely.

My question is around set up. Do I need to Loctite the compensator threads or set screw? Is there anything else I should be concerned about?

JR
08-11-2010, 20:20
No, don’t use Loctite. Its not needed. When you are ready to shoot, install the comp on the threaded barrel. Once you thread it on, run it up to the slide. Once it hits the slide simply back it off until it is level with the slide top. Set the screw at this time. The screw simply stops the comp from turning. It does not need to be set tight, just snug. If you feel you need added protection from the screw backing off I recommend the following. Grab your wife's (or girl friend) fingernail polish and put a dab on the comp screw. This will stop the screw from backing out by gumming it up.

After your finished at the range I highly recommend you remove the comp and clean the threads. This will stop any chemical imbalance and or corrosion from locking the threaded barrel & comp together.