RCBS Case Prep, Pocket Uniformer [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Case Prep, Pocket Uniformer

wdphillips
08-13-2010, 10:51
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CWILLIA%7E1.PHI%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I just finished prepping some 45ACP cases for my LoadMaster to “pump them out” as fast as I can pull the handle! I doing this I use the RCBS Trim Mate to brush out the primers pocket, then I run it through the Large Pistol Uniformer.
<o:p> </o:p>
About 5 times out of 100 the Uniformer get a case that it likes to hang on to. When this happens in makes me wonder if I am doing any damage to the case by reaming out the primer pocket.
<o:p> </o:p>
Any thoughts on this?

GioaJack
08-13-2010, 11:03
If you're using military brass you have to swage or ream the crimp out of the primer pockets in which case you're doing fine. Some crimps are less uniform than others and it's not unusual to have to spin the case half way around and re-swage.

If you're not using military brass you're pretty much wasting your time, none of that is really needed with pistol brass. On the upside, you're doing hands on work and you will ultimately learn lots of little things that you may never have noticed. Never a bad thing.

If you have the time and desire, great, keep doing it, just be aware that it's not necessary.

Jack