Gun Shows [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun Shows

ColCol
08-14-2010, 10:23
Gun shows drive me nuts. We had one today and I got there fifteen minutes after opening(9:15) and there was a line about a block long. It's never been that bad before. Finally got in, spent an hour and came out to have a smoke and there was still a block long line. I think everybody in the Southeast was at this show.

I picked up some powder I'd been wanting to try-HS-6, Universal Clays and some fresh Unique as mine was getting pretty old all for the .40 and .45. Stunned by the price of powder, I also bought some CCI primers($32/1K) Starline 45 brass(no Winchester available) and a primer pocket reamer and a few other goodies. No one had Speer bullets and Hornady FMJ and JHP were scarce-mostly calibers I wasn't looking for. I passed up some Lawman .45 FMJ for $19/50. Probably should have gotten a few boxes.

I spent a couple of hours and came out and there was still a line outside. I think I'll buy tickets in advance next time.

glockaviator
08-14-2010, 10:44
Nobody goes to gun shows anymore....they are too crowded...

dudel
08-14-2010, 10:57
Around here, Gun shows have become a waste of time and money. Long lines to get in and overpriced reloading equipment. Table after table of Hi-Points that cost more than the local shop. Everything seems to be overpriced.

Sad; because I can remember when I looked forward to them.

W
08-14-2010, 11:01
I love gun shows, but my bank account doesn't. Always find bargains and a smokin' deal or two. Usually more deals to be had than I have the funds to take advantage of.

albyihat
08-14-2010, 11:23
once i found someone with a FFL who was willing to sell me guns i stoped going to the shows. after you pay to get in the 2-3$ you save on some components does not add up.