Corbon 357 Sig Accuracy [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Corbon 357 Sig Accuracy

PghJim
08-14-2010, 23:10
After putting a 4.5" barrel on my G32, I found a significant increase in velocity with many loads. One was the Corbon 357 Sig 125gr. JHP which was shooting close to 1,450fps. I did not shoot it for accuracy (precision)only having a few left and figuring how bad could it be for SD.

After purchasing over $300 worth, I was at the range today with a 3" Shoot-n-See target in the middle of an 8.5" X 11" piece of paper. The first shot was not even on the paper at 15 yards off of sand bags. In fact, 4 of the 20 shots did not even hit the paper and the rest were scattered all over the paper. Lest you think it may be me or the gun, both factory Speer GD's and Buffalo Bore GD's shot one ragged hole about at the point of aim.

Has anyone shot the Corbon 125gr. JHP for accuracy? I did not have the factory barrel with me to try, but the gun shot fine with HST's and Ranger T's also.

unit1069
08-15-2010, 07:16
I'd stay away from Cor-Bon for CCW loads if it's that much worse than all the other rounds you tried.

BlutoBlutarsky
08-15-2010, 19:11
The Cor Bob 125's I have are the most accurate factory loads I've shot from my G33 and my P229.

PghJim
08-16-2010, 04:01
The Cor Bob 125's I have are the most accurate factory loads I've shot from my G33 and my P229.

Wow! That is interesting. I took another gun to the range today and a different lot number of Corbon 125's, with the same results. All over the place. I also took a box of Double Tap using the same Seirra bullet and they shot just fine. However, the velocity is not as high with the DT.

I pulled one of the Corbon bullets and the crimp was so severe that it dramatically reduced the diameter of the bullet under the case neck. I was wondering if that was the issue.

BlutoBlutarsky
08-16-2010, 04:59
Wow! That is interesting. I took another gun to the range today and a different lot number of Corbon 125's, with the same results. All over the place. I also took a box of Double Tap using the same Seirra bullet and they shot just fine. However, the velocity is not as high with the DT.

I pulled one of the Corbon bullets and the crimp was so severe that it dramatically reduced the diameter of the bullet under the case neck. I was wondering if that was the issue.

I don't know if the crimp is effecting accuracy or not. The ones I have left are probably 10 years old so I can't say what they may have changed. I started carrying them in my Sig in the 90's but switched to Gold Dots because of the price and rep for fragmenting. I pulled them out a few weeks ago and the group from the G33 was very tight. Hitting a 1" orange sticker was easy from 7 yards.