Proof I am cursed. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Proof I am cursed.

Colorado4Wheel
08-15-2010, 17:42
Apperently it's not just Freakshow that has random problems with what should be good equipment. As some of you know I recently had several problems with some molds. Not going to rehash it but everyone wanted to blame me.

SO

After a good run with my Lyman 4 cavity 147 gr and a Lee 2 cavity for .380 I decided to add another Lyman 4 cavity 147 gr mold. I ordered the mold and the handles. Having had NUMEROUS issues before I was very cautious to check the things out before I started casting. Well, It didn't take long to find a problem. The mold wont even close when you have it attached to the handles. Put it on the old handles and all the Lyman molds work fine. Put any Lyman mold on the new handles and they simply will not close. You can see in the picture the misalligment.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r215/98sr20ve/DSC_3342.jpg

I also got another Lee 20lb pot. So now I won't be running out of lead in the middle of a nice run.

Let the crap flinging begin.

RustyFN
08-15-2010, 18:09
I would blame Jack.

I guess it doesn't matter, I turn the mold the other way to make it easier to knock open the sprue plate.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8db07b3127ccec461dcaa029200000040O00DZOGblm4Yg9vPhI/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Colorado4Wheel
08-15-2010, 18:24
Jack blamed me as well. It's a tough crowd.

I did flip it around. It doesn't make a difference of course.

I need to find a hammer like that.

GioaJack
08-15-2010, 18:44
There is no question, in a past life you were someone's ex-wife.

Did you loosen the screw on each half of the mould so it moves back and forth on the handle?

Did you try loosening the hex screw on the hinge of the handles?

Have you considered changing hobbies... curling perhaps?

Jack

Colorado4Wheel
08-15-2010, 18:50
The mismatch is actually bigger then what it looks. I tried all the things we discussed. This handle is just defective. Thats the handle the casting gods dealt me.

WiskyT
08-15-2010, 19:39
There is no question, in a past life you were someone's ex-wife.

Did you loosen the screw on each half of the mould so it moves back and forth on the handle?

Did you try loosening the hex screw on the hinge of the handles?

Have you considered changing hobbies... curling perhaps?

Jack

Do you think he wouldn't screw up the broom? I think caber tossing would be better. He'd either get it right, or it would all come to a mercifully quick ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF4c3sDUo7I&feature=related

Colorado4Wheel
08-15-2010, 19:52
I think I am just a magnet for defective casting parts.

jbrown13
08-15-2010, 20:47

No, I think there are a lot more defective parts these days as it is cheaper for a company to process returns than pay for quality control (inspectors that inspect). That way the customer's money is tied up and not theirs.

Colorado4Wheel
08-30-2010, 15:33
Finally got around to getting a new set and they are perfect now. See it wasn't me.

GioaJack
08-30-2010, 15:43
Finally got around to getting a new set and they are perfect now. See it wasn't me.

You're as much trouble as raising a puppy... the only difference is they're lovable. :whistling:

Jack

RustyFN
08-30-2010, 16:11
You're as much trouble as raising a puppy... the only difference is they're lovable. :whistling:

Jack

But hopefully Steve is house broke. :tongueout:

BWT
08-30-2010, 16:12

Jack

And trainable

GioaJack
08-30-2010, 16:31
When he came up here to learn how to cast I had to swat him with a newspaper every few minutes... he kept try to lick himself.

Jack

Colorado4Wheel
08-30-2010, 17:03
Be nice, I know a Kimber I can take hostage.

GioaJack
08-30-2010, 17:16
Be nice, I know a Kimber I can take hostage.

Finally, some potential excitement in my life. If memory serves me I seem to recall having a bit of experience in hostage situations... you saw some of the pictures. :whistling:

Besides, what are you doing with it, it's supposed to be in the loving hands of a master gunsmith. You better not break it!

Jack

Colorado4Wheel
08-30-2010, 17:28
First the LnL now the Kimber. Jack's life is getting exciting.

For what it's worth I don't break things. I improve them. I just need to figure out exactly what needs to be improved on the Kimber. Clearly, we need to grind the sights off. That way we don't need the stinking electrical tape any longer. I will tell Pitt about your request in the morning.

dudel
08-30-2010, 18:30
When he came up here to learn how to cast I had to swat him with a newspaper every few minutes... he kept try to lick himself.

Jack

Better than mounting your leg :whistling:

Don

ron59
08-30-2010, 18:32
First the LnL now the Kimber. Jack's life is getting exciting.

For what it's worth I don't break things. I improve them. I just need to figure out exactly what needs to be improved on the Kimber. Clearly, we need to grind the sights off. That way we don't need the stinking electrical tape any longer. I will tell Pitt about your request in the morning.

Electrical tape? On a Kimber?:scared:

Lemme guess... is Jack "fixing" things again?

Jack... you run out of duct tape ? :tongueout:

Colorado4Wheel
08-30-2010, 18:38
Jack is always talking about taping over peoples sights with electrical tape so I figure I would take them off for him.

GioaJack
08-30-2010, 18:50
Of course I don't use electrical tape over the sights when I shoot, I learned to ignore them years and years ago.

I put tape over the sights when I work with rookies... like Little Stevie. Kinda like training wheels for big boys. :supergrin:

Jack

Hoser
08-30-2010, 20:34

I blame society.

ilgunguygt
08-30-2010, 21:25
I blame society.
You couldnt be more wrong, its Bush's fault.:rofl:

Zombie Steve
08-30-2010, 21:45
Don't worry, Steve. I'll come down and fix all your stuff. I'm talented like that. Just ask Jack.

:whistling:

labdwakin
08-31-2010, 00:42
Steve... I just use a thick piece of dowel rod about 18 inches long for my sprue mallet... hammer handle would work too.