Charles Daly [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Charles Daly

gnepig
08-16-2010, 12:48
... do they make good shotguns? I have a guy over here that has a pile of NIB Charles Daly 12 gauge shotguns for sale. He keeps sayin I'm selling them for $250 out the door, like it's a real deal or something. Is it or are they crap= get the Maverick 88 for $188 at Walmart?

I think it's this one:
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/224/products_id/81371

seamaster
08-16-2010, 14:03
My friend and I each bought the tactical pump models and both failed to feed and eject so we returned them. I'd stay away from them.

Seamaster

tx787
08-16-2010, 15:54
They were recently shut down by the ATF so that's probably not a great sign if you're counting on customer service after the purchase.

Ferdinandd
08-16-2010, 18:53
I've heard guys speak highly of the CD's - mostly the o/u though.

As said though, they are out of business so you'd have no warranty support. I'm not sure if the CD pump is a clone of anything else still in production which would alleviate the risk of not being able to find parts.

seamaster
08-16-2010, 21:22
The pumps we had were made in Turkey and I'll bet they are currently being sold under a different brand. I recently saw a Weatherby pump that looked very similar and was made in Turkey. It might be a different gun but I won't risk it.

I bought my Charles Daly from a large sporting goods chain (Big 5 here in California). The guy that sold it to me was honestly trying to steer me towards a Mossberg or 870 but I wouldn't listen. After returning it he said I told you so. He said they had a lot of returns on that gun. I took the refund instead of getting another gun.

The Charles Daly was just so nice looking and it was very light weight that it made the Mossberg and 870 feel cheap and heavy. After that I decided that If I get another 12 ga it's going to be the Benelli M2 Tactical.

ajjacks916
08-16-2010, 21:26
Get the Mossberg.

seamaster
08-16-2010, 23:17
Get the Mossberg.

No way, for only $1,000 more get the Benelli:supergrin:

I used to have a Mossberg for many years and shot many thousands of rounds thru it. It was a good gun but eventually began to fail to lock up. You could say I shot it to death!

gnepig
08-18-2010, 20:07
Thanx Men...