Benchmade Infidel [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Benchmade Infidel

CDR_Glock
08-16-2010, 15:46
The Benchmade Infidel is an intriguing knife. It has a D2 blade but it is thin, albeit double edged. It's usefulness as a defensive knife is rather lacking given it's apparent effectiveness for stabbing/jabbing rather than slashing. Is there any practical use in your opinion, aside from being the flashiest looking letter opener?

I personally favor the Tanto given the slashing and penetrating superiority.

matt_lowry123
08-16-2010, 23:07
I'm not sure? I've messed with a few of them and I think microtech knives are way better!! I still will probably buy one just to have. I'd like to know more about them too!!

CDR_Glock
08-17-2010, 13:00
I'm not sure? I've messed with a few of them and I think microtech knives are way better!! I still will probably buy one just to have. I'd like to know more about them too!!

Do you have a specific model that is recommended?

I actually researched more into the QC for the Infidel and the quality is variable. The Infidel is a no go.

matt_lowry123
08-17-2010, 20:36
Right now all the microtech knives are a little over priced because they've quit making them pretty much. They're working on whatever they call their AUG clone. I have a troodon and combat troodon. I like both of them!!! I've put my troodon through just about everything. I'm one of those people that takes everything to the limit. I'm probably not spelling it right but their scabbard model is the same size as my combat troodon but it has different grips. If you can wait about 8 months you'll be able to get a good deal on one because I think they'll start back up with their knife production. Tomorrow I'm going to go to my local gun shop and I'll send you a PM on what they have and their prices

Pierre!
08-17-2010, 23:07
Benchmade Ruckus... now that is a better fighting knife, but then if you KNOW you will be fighting with a knife it really should be a fixed blade... unless you really wanna die with a broken knife in your hands....

Just at thought, just a thought...

matt_lowry123
08-19-2010, 17:23
I'd say if you pulled any knife out on an attacker that was unarmed, they'd leave. If you pulled a knife out on an attacker with a gun, then you're toast. I'd bet my life that a microtech blade wouldn't break off if you were fighting somebody off with it.

Travclem
08-19-2010, 17:28
My Infidel is awesome but, I much prefer one of my Emersons as a "defensive" knife.

Travclem
08-19-2010, 17:30
I'd say if you pulled any knife out on an attacker that was unarmed, they'd leave. If you pulled a knife out on an attacker with a gun, then you're toast. I'd bet my life that a microtech blade wouldn't break off if you were fighting somebody off with it.
Depends on distance and skills. Up close, a SEAL with a knife would kill an average joe with a gun.

syntaxerrorsix
08-19-2010, 17:30
I'm not impressed with the Infidel.

If you are looking at any OTF auto from a defensive purposes and don't plan on using it as a stabbing instrument you are simply looking in the wrong category of knife.

syntaxerrorsix
08-19-2010, 17:31
Depends on distance and skills. Up close, a SEAL with a knife would kill an average joe with a gun.

Oh boy..

Travclem
08-19-2010, 17:33
Oh boy..
Am I wrong?

syntaxerrorsix
08-19-2010, 17:34
Am I wrong?
Rather melodramatic I'd say.

How many SEALS do you know that have done this?

Travclem
08-19-2010, 17:39
Rather melodramatic I'd say.

How many SEALS do you know that have done this?
None, I never claimed to. My point is, the gun doesn't always win the fight for you. Get some airsoft/simunition guns and some dummy knives and try it for yourself.

syntaxerrorsix
08-19-2010, 17:41
None, I never claimed to. My point is, the gun doesn't always win the fight for you. Get some airsoft/simunition guns and some dummy knives and try it for yourself.I think I've seen enough of them to know the answer without throwing around what I think a SEAL could do on an internet gun forum as justification for a POS automatic knife. No offence intended.

Travclem
08-19-2010, 17:44
I think I've seen enough of them to know the answer without throwing around what I think a SEAL could do on an internet gun forum as justification for a POS automatic knife. No offence intended.
No justification for a "POS auto knife" read my earlier post. If I had to resort to a knife, I'd rather it be an Emerson. Did someone piss in your breakfast this morning?

syntaxerrorsix
08-19-2010, 17:48
No justification for a "POS auto knife" read my earlier post. If I had to resort to a knife, I'd rather it be an Emerson. Did someone piss in your breakfast this morning?

It's likely they did. That would explain a lot.

I've always found posts that reference the skills of "Name your elite fighting unit" a little passe.

I'll step out..

Travclem
08-19-2010, 17:50
OP, I like my infidel and it is a quality knife. I also have a Microtech Halo and it is a good one too.

Travclem
08-19-2010, 17:55
It's likely they did. That would explain a lot.

I've always found posts that reference the skills of "Name your elite fighting unit" a little passe.

I'll step out..
A good friend of mine's dad was a Seabee in Viet Nam and was picked up by the SEALs. He never spoke of it but one night, after a few whiskeys, he told some stories that I would never even dream of. After a few he got all teary eyed and went to bed. He's never said another word about it to us.

There's no doubt in my mind as to what these men are capable of. I apologize for offending you with my "passe" post, but that's how I feel.

JHorner_G17C
08-19-2010, 18:29
OP, I like my infidel and it is a quality knife. I also have a Microtech Halo and it is a good one too.

Ok, this I have to get in on. QUALITY KNIFE? :rofl: there are so many things lacking in the Infidel I don't even know where to start. Unless you are stabbing soft tissue, you need another knife. period. That is what the Infidel was made for and that is what its best at.

I am in and have been in and around the tactical operating community for almost 5 years. A SEAL with a knife is just like any other person with knife combat training. There are so many other variables to a "fight" situation, that arguing about who could take who out with a gun/knife is childish at best and should be left to the mall ninjas.

Bottom line: if you MUST have an OTF knife NOBODY compares to Microtech NOBODY. They are best at what they do and the Infidel was a meek attempt to get Benchmade some business.(it worked even I bought one) After 2 years of not-really-that-hard of use and 2 trips back to Benchmade, I sold her. Just my 2 cents....

matt_lowry123
08-19-2010, 19:53
A fixed blade will most likely be the strongest but they're not the coolest!!!

Travclem
08-20-2010, 15:04
Ok, this I have to get in on. QUALITY KNIFE? :rofl: there are so many things lacking in the Infidel I don't even know where to start. Unless you are stabbing soft tissue, you need another knife. period. That is what the Infidel was made for and that is what its best at.

I am in and have been in and around the tactical operating community for almost 5 years. A SEAL with a knife is just like any other person with knife combat training. There are so many other variables to a "fight" situation, that arguing about who could take who out with a gun/knife is childish at best and should be left to the mall ninjas.

Bottom line: if you MUST have an OTF knife NOBODY compares to Microtech NOBODY. They are best at what they do and the Infidel was a meek attempt to get Benchmade some business.(it worked even I bought one) After 2 years of not-really-that-hard of use and 2 trips back to Benchmade, I sold her. Just my 2 cents....

Do you own an Infidel? I doubt it because if you did you'd know that it is a quality knife. It can be hammered through a board just like a microtech if you so desire. I have both and can compare them side by side, the Benchmade isn't a bad OTF knife. There's nothing wrong with it. I'm glad that you are a self proclaimed "tactical operator" and have so kindly graced us with your infinite wisdom about "tactical operations". How's that for mall ninja?

I only used a SEAL as an example. Plug in who ever you'd like. Maybe I should've said John Wayne. to get you and our other resident "operators" off my back.

syntaxerrorsix
08-20-2010, 15:07
Do you own an Infidel? I doubt it because it is a quality knife. There's nothing wrong with it. I'm glad that you are a self proclaimed "tactical operator" and have so kindly graced us with your infinite wisdom about "tactical operations". How's that for a mall ninja.

I only used a SEAL as an example. Plug in who ever you'd like. Maybe I should've said John Wayne. to get you and our other resident "operators" off my back.

Deleted..

Not worth the effort.

Travclem
08-20-2010, 15:09
Or maybe you could grow up.

Either way leave me out of your crap, I walked away in the hopes you would find a new topic. You don't know anything about me.
Hello pot, I'm kettle. You do not know anything about me either.

JHorner_G17C
08-20-2010, 16:45
Hows your AVATAR for mall ninja!!!!! :rofl: We obviously don't know anything about your boondock ways oh great master. And I guess all of my training and combat experience is "self-proclaimed" BAHAHAHA that's me laughing in your face. If you had read my post that you quoted, you would know I owned one. And it was OK at best. Quality is Benchmade's standard. Their OTF design is just weak, sorry the truth hurts man get over it.

Oh hey syntax! We just had a discussion in a thread about the Infidel did we not? I believe it was called "auto knives"

Travclem
08-20-2010, 18:56
Hows your AVATAR for mall ninja!!!!! :rofl: We obviously don't know anything about your boondock ways oh great master. And I guess all of my training and combat experience is "self-proclaimed" BAHAHAHA that's me laughing in your face. If you had read my post that you quoted, you would know I owned one. And it was OK at best. Quality is Benchmade's standard. Their OTF design is just weak, sorry the truth hurts man get over it.

Oh hey syntax! We just had a discussion in a thread about the Infidel did we not? I believe it was called "auto knives"
I never claimed to be anything more than average. You did! So me liking a movie make me a mall ninja? I like your style.

cb22
08-20-2010, 23:35
My own experience with the infidel was not great. The Knife was ordered and picked up at the dealers residence. I made it about two miles down the road and fired the knife a few times. Before stopping for the first traffic light, the knife stopped firing and the internal mechanisim was locked up. It had to be sent back to the factory. Good customer service was received and after the knife was returned, it was sold. I prefer my old microtech UT6 (DE from 2002) and will continue to own it. YMMV.

tall terry
08-21-2010, 09:06
I bought a 3300 brand new from the dealer for a great price, pre production numbered model, it was the worst benchmade I've ever owned, wouldn't fire correctly right from the get go, sold it after 3 days and would never consider owning another. BTW, I think benchmade autos are great and have several all quality pieces. TT

matt_lowry123
08-21-2010, 22:40
It seems from what everybody's saying is don't buy one!!

JHorner_G17C
08-22-2010, 14:03
Really save your time and effort, get a Microtech! Whats the matter Travclem? Nothing to say now that the truth really comes out about the infidel? What a surprise :upeyes:

feathers73
08-22-2010, 17:34
I have one. It's a great knife but in my opinion very niche specific. From a auto knife perspective it can be deployed very quickly and has no manual safety to disengage (Hey sort of like a Glock). Other than that, there are many other Benchmade knives that will do everything else and do it much better. My choice in an auto would be the presidio or AFO II.

Travclem
08-23-2010, 16:42
Really save your time and effort, get a Microtech! Whats the matter Travclem? Nothing to say now that the truth really comes out about the infidel? What a surprise :upeyes:
I like my Infidel, you don't... So ****ing what. Your "truth" about the Infidel doesn't make a hill of **** to me. Whats you major malfunction dude?

Travclem
08-23-2010, 16:43
I have one. It's a great knife but in my opinion very niche specific. From a auto knife perspective it can be deployed very quickly and has no manual safety to disengage (Hey sort of like a Glock). Other than that, there are many other Benchmade knives that will do everything else and do it much better. My choice in an auto would be the presidio or AFO II.
+1 on the auto presidio, it's a great knife as well.

gladi8r
08-25-2010, 23:16
My infidel went to afghanistan and back with me got to cut and stab all kinds of stuff still got it and i still runs like a champ that was three years ago or more.

BlackPaladin
08-26-2010, 02:09
Zero issues with my infidel (2) years of owning.