I LOVE The Benelli Tactical Supernova [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE The Benelli Tactical Supernova

Restless28
08-16-2010, 15:57
Out of all the shotguns I have held, the Benelli Supernova Tactical with the pistol grip and ghost ring sights feels more natural than any other gun. The prices look fair to me, for what you get with the SNT. I think this is the gun for me.

Who has experience with the SNT? Good and/or bad opinions?

blaster_54738
08-16-2010, 20:33
in short it's an awesome gun. i have had absolutely zero issues with mine, has always ran whatever i've put in it

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq115/blaster_54738/IMG_0921.jpg

eta: i need to get a new picture, it's now sporting a vortex sparc on top. also you can't see but it has meprolite night sights on it too

Restless28
08-17-2010, 10:08
Tell me about the magazine extension. I will want one. :wavey:

I feel a tad isolated because I like the Benelli, but, the features for the price is great, IMHO, plus the ergonomics work for me.

wabo100
08-17-2010, 11:29
Get the nordic components +2 mag extension its better quality than the others and cheaper than the benelli ext if you can find one.

mixflip
08-17-2010, 11:52
+1 on the SNT.

I owned Mossbergs and Remingtons... and they both led me to the SNT pump. Also, stick with Nordic for a mag extension. There is a video on youtube that shows a brand new, cheap TacStar extension popping off during a gun review. They are not threaded on.

Here is my baby. I am not a fan of a pistol grip on pumps but thats just my own personal preference. I like my hands to be on the same plain when working the gun but thats just me. I do love the "look" of the pistol grip stock better though.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i182/mixflip/DSCN2187.jpg

Restless28
08-17-2010, 15:08
+1 on the SNT.

I owned Mossbergs and Remingtons... and they both led me to the SNT pump. Also, stick with Nordic for a mag extension. There is a video on youtube that shows a brand new, cheap TacStar extension popping off during a gun review. They are not threaded on.

Here is my baby. I am not a fan of a pistol grip on pumps but thats just my own personal preference. I like my hands to be on the same plain when working the gun but thats just me. I do love the "look" of the pistol grip stock better though.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i182/mixflip/DSCN2187.jpg

Your review on Youtube is excellent. :wavey:

Folsom_Prison
08-17-2010, 15:33
Buy it and never look back, you'll love it. I love my benelli!!!!

mixflip
08-17-2010, 18:57
Your review on Youtube is excellent. :wavey:

Thanks, I was amazed how the SNT borrowed some nice elements from both Mossberg & Remington that I just had to make a video of it. I think if more folks educated themselves on the SNT along with the old faithfuls it would make HD shotgun shopping more fun. (or it could make it harder to make a decision lol?)

ctfireman
08-17-2010, 19:17
That thing is pretty sick looking.

blaster_54738
08-17-2010, 20:40
Tell me about the magazine extension. I will want one. :wavey:

I feel a tad isolated because I like the Benelli, but, the features for the price is great, IMHO, plus the ergonomics work for me.

that is the nordic extension. very nice piece. i've used remingtons and mossbergs and both feel "cheap" to me. this thing is solid

TheGrimReaper
08-18-2010, 09:17
Yes, buy it. I have had my Benelli Super Nova Tactical for I guess 3 years now, and have been 100% happy with it!!! Want trade it for nothing!!!

Teecher45
08-18-2010, 11:39
Blaster, tell me about the spare mag carrier on the stock please. I am looking at this gun also and love the looks of it.
All of you SNT owners, what made you pick it over the Nova Tactical? Got to be more that just the pistol grip? What (approximately) was the price diff between the 2? Thanks guys...

Cobra6
08-18-2010, 15:00
+1 on the SNT.
I am not a fan of a pistol grip on pumps but thats just my own personal preference. I like my hands to be on the same plain when working the gun but thats just me. I do love the "look" of the pistol grip stock better though.

same here

blaster_54738
08-18-2010, 22:16
Blaster, tell me about the spare mag carrier on the stock please. I am looking at this gun also and love the looks of it.
All of you SNT owners, what made you pick it over the Nova Tactical? Got to be more that just the pistol grip? What (approximately) was the price diff between the 2? Thanks guys...

it's a mesa tactical stock mount sureshell carrier. there have been complaints with using the the kind that incorporates the carrier into the top rail, ie top holes stripping out due to weight and other issues. install's simple, take recoil pad off, remove stock bolt which lets the stock sling mount out and replace.

http://www.mesatactical.com/index.php?id=56

as for the difference i'm not sure, i've always like pistol grip shotguns

blaster_54738
08-19-2010, 05:09
and i just noticed on benelli's website they are offering a $50 rebate right now on them

http://www.benelliusa.com/promos/

MStarmer
03-09-2011, 17:31
Thanks mixflip for the excellent review on youtube. I was able to hunt one down on Monday and brought it home. $459+tax seemed more than fair. Me and the wife put about 40-50 rounds of 00buck thru it and was very pleased with the choice. I paid a lot more for my Wilson Combat 870 and wish I still had it to compare weight! The Benelli seems so much lighter!

Now I just need to order the Nordic extension now. :)

mixflip
03-10-2011, 02:54
I need a Nordic extension too. I really need to hold more ammo.

deserttactical45
03-10-2011, 14:36
I have a benelli supernova tactical with the pistol grip and i love it awesome shotgun no problems. get one

BBJones
03-10-2011, 17:59
I have one with standard stock (no pistol grip) w/ nordic +2 and a mesa tactical 6 shell side saddle. It is pretty sweet.

The one potential problem with the SNT is the LOP of the stock is pretty long. If you are small in stature this may not be the shotgun for you. I am 5'10" with long arms for my height and it just barely fits me. I do stand pretty square when shooting. If you canted your body a little, the LOP might be less of an issue.

I would like to get a slimmer buttpad or figure out how to shorten the stock some (eventually).

Bill G
03-10-2011, 18:58
that is the nordic extension. very nice piece. i've used remingtons and mossbergs and both feel "cheap" to me. this thing is solid

The Benelli supernova is a very nice shotgun:cool: and a man has to use what he likes but to say a Remington and Mossberg feels "cheap":shocked: is a rather bold statement, but to each his own....:faint:

Take Care All,
Bill G

blaster_54738
03-10-2011, 23:30
The Benelli supernova is a very nice shotgun:cool: and a man has to use what he likes but to say a Remington and Mossberg feels "cheap":shocked: is a rather bold statement, but to each his own....:faint:

Take Care All,
Bill G

To me they do, the Remington is better than the Mossberg but I will never own another one. Both the 500 I had when I was younger and my dad's 835 rattle like nobody's business. The 870 I owned never did work right and that's what turns me away from that.

MStarmer
03-12-2011, 19:04
Wow thanks to Cactus Tactical I already have my Nordic +2 extension and new low drag follower. I probably didn't need the follower but one stock one for the Benelli is a little on the cheaper side. After cutting the included spring on the long side (directions say start 16" longer than both tubes) I actually can get +3 relatively easy. Very well made and looks great on the gun. I'll probably just keep it cruiser ready with (6) in the tube.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg68/mstarmer/Nordic.jpg

DougW
03-12-2011, 21:35
I love the Benelli Nova Tactical. I have handled one and it is very similar to my M1 Super90 Tactical. I need to add Nova Tactical to the armory. I did replace the pistol grip with a straight stock since I reload with my right hand. The pistol grip would get in the way of my reloading.