Cool Read [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cool Read

WiskyT
08-16-2010, 19:11
This is an interesting history of how many of the powders we used today came to be. It also explains a little about how powders such as Unique have been reformulated several times over the last century yet still remain true to the original specs. There are lots of cool pictures of the old promotional pamphlets and the powder tins etc from back when Jack was deciding to change to the "new fangled" smokeless powders. The emphasis is on Unique and Bullseye that are now made by Alliant.

http://www.laflinandrand.com/page2.html

mrwilson
08-21-2010, 12:22
Great read! Thanks for sharing.

GioaJack
08-21-2010, 12:26
There must be a lot of pictures otherwise Wisky would have been lost.

Jack

WiskyT
08-21-2010, 13:12
There must be a lot of pictures otherwise Wisky would have been lost.

Jack

That makes three people on the board that aren't skeered of the word "read".

tlafrance
08-22-2010, 06:34
This is an interesting history of how many of the powders we used today came to be. It also explains a little about how powders such as Unique have been reformulated several times over the last century yet still remain true to the original specs. There are lots of cool pictures of the old promotional pamphlets and the powder tins etc from back when Jack was deciding to change to the "new fangled" smokeless powders. The emphasis is on Unique and Bullseye that are now made by Alliant.

http://www.laflinandrand.com/page2.html

Perhaps we should just have Jack give us a first hand accounting?

Tom

GioaJack
08-22-2010, 19:07
Perhaps we should just have Jack give us a first hand accounting?

Tom

Where the hell have you been... we've been worried sick. Someone spread a rumor the the Nebraska boredom got to ya and you went looking for a gas pipe. :dunno:

Jack

tlafrance
08-22-2010, 21:52
Where the hell have you been... we've been worried sick. Someone spread a rumor the the Nebraska boredom got to ya and you went looking for a gas pipe. :dunno:

Jack

Took a month for the flatlander express to install cable for internet, then I got a job that takes up 50+ hours per week. On top of which, the wife and kids actually expect me to spend time with them, go figure. I jump on from time to time but don't sign in, just browse and go. I'll try to make sure I check in more often so you don't worry:tongueout:

Tom