Wolf, now available in epic fail. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wolf, now available in epic fail.

Foxtrotx1
08-17-2010, 22:03
I love Wolf ammo, runs great in my guns, but i got a laugh out of this one when I opened the box.

Hackett
08-17-2010, 22:06
Well there's your problem!

Chuck TX
08-17-2010, 22:27
Wolf is made in Poland now?

CitizenOfDreams
08-17-2010, 22:29
It's not as bad as a Golden Bear round I encountered once. It had the primer installed correctly... but the case had no flash holes. Pull the trigger, the primer pops halfway out, the action gets jammed.

On the other hand, who cares? You are not using Wolf ammo for self-defence, are you?

CitizenOfDreams
08-17-2010, 22:30
Wolf is made in Poland now?

You mean, Australia? :supergrin:

Merkavaboy
08-18-2010, 01:45
Such things (and worse) have happened with top U.S. manufactured ammo. Do you expect any less from Russian ammo made at factories that have even less QC than U.S. factories?

Stuff happens. Nothing is ever 100% perfect 100% of the time.

Foxtrotx1
08-18-2010, 02:14
Such things (and worse) have happened with top U.S. manufactured ammo. Do you expect any less from Russian ammo made at factories that have even less QC than U.S. factories?

Stuff happens. Nothing is ever 100% perfect 100% of the time.

I'd say i expect nothing more from Wolf, simply because i think they have an amazing product for the value. I love their ammo, would shoot it all my guns, and have, minus the M1a (gotta order some).

To answer another question, no i don't use wolf for self defence, thats what the Lake city tracer rounds are for! :supergrin:

To clarify, i posted this because i thought it would amuse, not to bash :wavey:

Merkavaboy
08-18-2010, 03:52
I'd say i expect nothing more from Wolf, simply because i think they have an amazing product for the value. I love their ammo, would shoot it all my guns, and have, minus the M1a (gotta order some).

To answer another question, no i don't use wolf for self defence, thats what the Lake city tracer rounds are for! :supergrin:

To clarify, i posted this because i thought it would amuse, not to bash :wavey:

The reason I asked is because there are plenty of GT'ers that like to bash certain types of ammo, and Russian steel cased stuff is near the top of a very short list. I just wanted to point out that WOLF (actually Tula Cartridge Works & Ulyanovsk, depending on whether it's WOLF Performance or Military Classic) is not the only ammo that has had (or will have) problems.

Some people will use any excuse to bad-mouth Russian ammo.

Foxtrotx1
08-18-2010, 04:36
The reason I asked is because there are plenty of GT'ers that like to bash certain types of ammo, and Russian steel cased stuff is near the top of a very short list. I just wanted to point out that WOLF (actually Tula Cartridge Works & Ulyanovsk, depending on whether it's WOLF Performance or Military Classic) is not the only ammo that has had (or will have) problems.

Some people will use any excuse to bad-mouth Russian ammo.

It's what the russian military uses right? They know warfare.

gunsnhoses
08-18-2010, 08:43
That might be an issue. BTW that is Barnaul, not Wolf.

Foxtrotx1
08-18-2010, 09:21

It came in a box marked Tula, which is generic wolf.

Merkavaboy
08-18-2010, 12:04
It's what the russian military uses right? They know warfare.

I doubt that they use the exact same ammo. I'm pretty sure that the ammo made for their military will be of better quality than mass produced blasting ammo made for the U.S. consumers. Kinda like your typical Win USA 9mm and .223 ammo vs. NATO 9mm ball and 5.56x45mm NATO made by Lake City arsenal. Basically same calibers but two different quality grade as put out by the manufacturer.

Merkavaboy
08-18-2010, 12:09

If you're referring to the cartridge in the thumbnail above, that is the Ulyanovsk double-arrow symbol on the headstamp.

BOGE
08-18-2010, 13:01
I had a Hornaday factory .40 S&W like that in 1997. Feces happens.

TheGrimReaper
08-18-2010, 16:05
It happens to foreign and domestic made ammo.

Foxtrotx1
08-18-2010, 17:45
If you're referring to the cartridge in the thumbnail above, that is the Ulyanovsk double-arrow symbol on the headstamp.

hhmmm. Odd came in a box with Tula on the side.

txgunguy
08-18-2010, 19:13

NO! You have BARNAUL ammo! :rofl:
Some people here crack me up.

Foxtrotx1
08-19-2010, 00:45
NO! You have BARNAUL ammo! :rofl:
Some people here crack me up.

The best part, if you look at all the logos on the boxes, they are all made using the same tooling and what not...

Merkavaboy
08-19-2010, 04:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkavaboy

I started to reply, but my post started to get a little long and people would probably find it quite uninteresting.

But I will say that it appears that the Russian ammo manufacturers all seem to be linked together in some type of consortium.

There is so much Russian ammo being imported that it's getting to the point that you can't trust reading box labels to find out who's making the ammo. It's as if we need a program as to who's selling what ammo in what box under what label.

Foxtrotx1
08-19-2010, 12:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkavaboy

I started to reply, but my post started to get a little long and people would probably find it quite uninteresting.

But I will say that it appears that the Russian ammo manufacturers all seem to be linked together in some type of consortium.

There is so much Russian ammo being imported that it's getting to the point that you can't trust reading box labels to find out who's making the ammo. It's as if we need a program as to who's selling what ammo in what box under what label.

I think it's safe to say that all ammo that looks like wolf, smells like wolf, shoots like wolf, tastes like wolf, might be wolf :wavey:

vafish
08-20-2010, 10:36
Wolf has a satisfaction guarantee.

Send them an e-mail or give them a call. They will probably replace the whole box of ammo.