setting up security: Vista to Linksys WRTG [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : setting up security: Vista to Linksys WRTG

lasido
08-18-2010, 15:36
Greetings, all.

Computer newbie needs to set up secure access from my Vista Home machine to my Linksys WRTG. Anyone have advice, or a link that, would help?

Thanks,
Lasido

solomansousana
08-20-2010, 17:26
Use the Linksys setup software. I use a Linksys wireless N and I'm running a nice, secure setup in my area. Mainly partly due to my provider, who requires secure connections for wireless as they go neighborhood to neighborhood weekly looking for unsecured signals, those they find, they shut off internet access until the homeowner secures his network.

Sgt. Schultz
08-20-2010, 19:39
Greetings, all.

Computer newbie needs to set up secure access from my Vista Home machine to my Linksys WRTG. Anyone have advice, or a link that, would help?

Thanks,
Lasido
Go to the Linksys site ...

http://www.linksysbycisco.com/static/us/Learning-Center/index.html

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Content_C1&childpagename=US/Layout&cid=1169671217533&pagename=Linksys/Common/VisitorWrapper

lasido
08-21-2010, 15:01
Thanks guys. I'll give it a shot..... and it worked beautifullly. Appreciate the help.

filthy infidel
08-23-2010, 19:41
Use the Linksys setup software. I use a Linksys wireless N and I'm running a nice, secure setup in my area. Mainly partly due to my provider, who requires secure connections for wireless as they go neighborhood to neighborhood weekly looking for unsecured signals, those they find, they shut off internet access until the homeowner secures his network.

REALLY?? Wow.

solomansousana
08-24-2010, 11:36
REALLY?? Wow.

LOL, I never knew about this till one time I was talking to the Cox driver in the vehicle that goes through my neighborhood once a week. I called Cox customer service and they did indeed scan for unsecured networks and shut them down. For what it's worth, I totally agree with this policy. If left unsecured, other's could use your connection, which, to all the rest of the world would be linked back to you.

dotsun
08-24-2010, 16:51
I've heard of this before, I so wish they did it here. I'd have so much fun with those dorks. :supergrin: