What 38cal round do you shoot in your RUGER LCR REVOLVER? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What 38cal round do you shoot in your RUGER LCR REVOLVER?

mikegun
08-18-2010, 17:01
wHt 38 cal round do you shoot in your ruger lcr revolver and why?

grendelbane
08-19-2010, 19:15
I am using Speer 125 grain Gold Dot JHPs.

For the simple reason that they were the only modern JHPs in .38 Special +p that the store had when I bought my LCR. I bought it last year probably at the height of the ammunition shortage.

I practice with handloads. I have only 10 of the Gold Dots left. I fired 10 to determine point of aim and reliability. If I can find a box of the 135 grain Gold Dot's, I will try them next.

The 125 grain bullets seem to shoot just slightly low. I would prefer a heavier bullet anyway, and suspect that they will shoot even closer to POA.

The LCR is a great little wheel-gun, with the best out of the box trigger I have ever felt.

mikegun
08-20-2010, 00:53
i must AGREE BEST OUT OF BOX TRIGGER IVE EVER FELT,and very accurate, its a shame smith does not do thei with there liwt j frames...

Deployment Solu
08-20-2010, 03:52
I shoot Federal 158gr Nyclads. Have a few boxes left.

GoBigOrange
08-20-2010, 07:22
I shoot Winchester PDX1 130 grain +P hollow points. Only because wal-mart had them in stock and I've heard good things about the round.

I love the LCR, but man the recoil is punishing when using +P.

I'm thinking of switching back to Critical Defense(non +P) because even though I know it isn't as good of defensive round, at least I will hit what I'm aiming at.

Thoughts?

Drew78
08-20-2010, 10:19
I carry either GB short bbl 135+p or Corbon DPX 110+p. I practice with any run of the mill 130 fmj's. Regarding its POI, either are close enough for the intended purpose of the gun. I have a CT grip on mine. Windage is perfect with both, they vary slightly elevation wise, just no enough to sweat over.

BTW, I also have the LCR in 357.. Now THAT can be a handfull!!! It is controllable though...

-Drew