tactical shotgun stock? ati? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : tactical shotgun stock? ati?

win
08-18-2010, 18:19
what are your thoughts on the ati telecoping and side folding stock? Will it still fold to the side if I have a shell holder on the side of the reciever?
thanks

Glocker08
08-18-2010, 19:22
what are your thoughts on the ati telecoping and side folding stock? Will it still fold to the side if I have a shell holder on the side of the reciever?
thanks

I would avoid putting any kind of ATI buttstock on any long gun, especially a shotgun. I put an ATI 6 position stock on a pump shotgun I had and was not impressed. Sure,it looked cool maybe, but that's about it. Meanwhile, it increased the felt recoil at least 3 fold over the factory stock. ATI stocks are cheap for a reason. Because they are cheaply made garbage. AVOID !

win
08-18-2010, 19:42
10 4
what is a good 3 pos stock?

JFrame
08-18-2010, 19:53
The Knoxx SpecOps stock is a 4-position stock that also provides recoil reduction.

I was surprised by how well it worked. I have one fitted on my NEF Pardner Protector -- holding it at my hip, not even bracing the stock, I held it by the pistol grip and fired off a tube-full of 00 buck as fast as I could. My hand literally did not feel a thing... :cool:

byf43
08-18-2010, 20:03
Knoxx Spec Ops stock on the 870 that I set-up for my daughter:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/byf43/Shotgun%20pics/Erins8701.jpg

00B, slugs, 3" #2 copperplate (old goose loads that I had laying around), 2-3/4" Trap loads - all felt good with this shotgun.

Well worth the $$$.

JFrame
08-18-2010, 20:07
Knoxx Spec Ops stock on the 870 that I set-up for my daughter:

00B, slugs, 3" #2 copperplate (old goose loads that I had laying around), 2-3/4" Trap loads - all felt good with this shotgun.

Well worth the $$$.

...Clearly another happy customer! :)

byf43
08-18-2010, 20:11
...Clearly another happy customer! :)

Oh, heck yeah!

My daughter had never fired a shotgun before I gave her this one.
She shot over 250 rounds that first day, and loved every minute of it!!
She had a smile on her face, like I'd never seen before!!!

JFrame
08-18-2010, 20:23
Oh, heck yeah!

My daughter had never fired a shotgun before I gave her this one.
She shot over 250 rounds that first day, and loved every minute of it!!
She had a smile on her face, like I'd never seen before!!!

Awesome! I'm glad to hear your daughter took to it so readily, and has something so effective for her defense.

I have two shotguns -- the Pardner and a Mossberg 500, and I put the Knoxx stocks on both of them.

Like your daughter, I was never a "shotgun person." But I IMMEDIATELY felt comfortable after using the Mossberg with the Spec Ops stock. It was almost eerie shooting something so potent, and feeling such a gentle "kick" (if you can call it that! :supergrin: ).

dc2integra
08-18-2010, 20:36
my mossberg came with a ATI stock from the factory dont really care for it

dc2integra
08-18-2010, 20:37
u can see it on my avatar it looks cool though

JFrame
08-18-2010, 20:38
u can see it on my avatar it looks cool though

Hey, man -- that counts for something... :supergrin:

MrMurphy
08-19-2010, 01:39
I wouldn't give an ATI to someone else for free.

Avoid at all costs. Choate, Ramline, Butler Creek, Speedfeed.

win
08-19-2010, 11:16
what do you think of this one?
4100-C KNOXX SPECOPS
says it comes with the forearm for $95.00
thanks again

JFrame
08-19-2010, 11:38
what do you think of this one?
4100-C KNOXX SPECOPS
says it comes with the forearm for $95.00
thanks again

That's a decent price for their recoil reducing stock.

Natchez had it on sale for about $83 through the end of July. You might also want to give them a call to see if, by any chance, they extended the sale. I just leafed through their latest sale catalog, but didn't see it listed...

JFrame
08-19-2010, 15:42
By the way, Win -- just one more thought about the SpecOps stock if you do wind up getting it... Pay attention to your cheek weld, as the instruction booklet recommends. You want to make sure your face is on the main portion of the stock, and not on the retracting tube portion. Otherwise, the hump just rear of the pistol grip can possibly whack you in the face.

Good luck! :)

win
08-19-2010, 17:51
thanks again. I am lefthand shooter and everyone else I know is a righty. Might be a problem for me.
I got the shotgun bought to day. I know the stock I am going with. Now the barrel. What do you guns thinks is better for an HD gun. A barrel with rifle sights or a beed?
I am leaning toward rifle sights.
Oh and a mag extention too.
thanks

WoodenPlank
08-19-2010, 18:04
thanks again. I am lefthand shooter and everyone else I know is a righty. Might be a problem for me.
I got the shotgun bought to day. I know the stock I am going with. Now the barrel. What do you guns thinks is better for an HD gun. A barrel with rifle sights or a beed?
thanks

I do quite well with the standard bead sight on my 590, but I get the feeling I will be in the minority on that.

JFrame
08-19-2010, 18:05
thanks

The SpecOps stock itself should be no problem, whether you're a lefty or a righty -- it's not specific to either hand. Any issue would be strictly with the shotgun itself.

I can't really discuss rifle vs. bead sight, because mine only have beads. FWIW, I have to say that I LIKE the quick pointing and sight acquisition of the bead. Clearly, for more refined shooting, the rifle sight would be better. I guess a lot would depend on your main usage -- I'm sure others with more knowledge will chime in on that. :)

Can't comment on mag extensions either, because I like the light balance of the standard 5-shot tubes -- but again, I'm sure others will chime in with their knowledge!

just a shooter
08-19-2010, 22:10
if you're not going to use slugs a bead is fine.

if you think you will shoot slugs ( a fantastic defense round outside of the home) then consider rifle sights.

for my shotgun I train 90% slugs and 10% buck.

it's the difference between throwing paint at a target and throwing a dart.

but if I wanted to kill every mother ****er in the room in a hurry, I'd use 00B or #1 buck. #4 buck is also a favorite but might make a lot bigger mess of things.:whistling:

a_tack
08-19-2010, 22:27
I like my ATI stock. It functions well for what I use it for. I have it on an HD shotgun that is rarely shot. I WOULD NOT reccomend it at all for a gun that is shot on a regular basis. The angle of the stock makes it difficult to get a sight picture and it leaves alot to be desired in the felt recoil area...

dc2integra
08-20-2010, 18:10
I like my ATI stock. It functions well for what I use it for. I have it on an HD shotgun that is rarely shot. I WOULD NOT reccomend it at all for a gun that is shot on a regular basis. The angle of the stock makes it difficult to get a sight picture and it leaves alot to be desired in the felt recoil area...
i agree with you i just use my shotgun for home defense the ATI stock can be harsh on you

Aceman
08-20-2010, 18:11
I have an ATI on my 500. It works just fine.

vista461
08-21-2010, 11:35
I put a ATI pistol grip buttstock on my 1300. It was a POS and the angle was wrong between grip and trigger so you were pulling more down than back on the trigger, dumped it on ebay for a loss.