Flashlight Mounting [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Flashlight Mounting

fkizdi
08-19-2010, 00:43
I am using a barrel/magazine picatinny style clamp.
I already know which one i am purchasing, however I need to find a very heavy duty flashlight ring. I need a ring to mount on my rail that will hold the light in the ring securely and be able to take abuse. I was looking at this ring...this is a style I like. I just dont know who makes this particular one. Does any of any suggestions for a heavy duty flashlight ring?

MrMurphy
08-19-2010, 01:38
www.laruetactical.com

LT707

aippi
08-19-2010, 12:11
go to www.vltor.com (http://www.vltor.com) Solid heavy duty ring. There are different sizes to fit the the different size light bodies so make sure you get the right one. The sizes are listed on the web site.

MrMurphy
08-19-2010, 18:37
If riding in a vehicle the Vltor mount can unscrew itself. I found out (more than once) doing so in a Humvee that the vibration would eventually make the thumbscrew unscrew.

Replaced with an LT606 (the 707 did not exist then and I prefer the offset) on my M4 and all was well.

fkizdi
08-20-2010, 20:28
Does anyone have experience with the MOD-C light clamp from CDM Gear?

AK74play
08-30-2010, 21:23
I use 1inch Steel scope rings. Gives you 2 mounts in each set of rings and the Warne quick connect rings can be removed quickly for cleaning or whatever and they are rock solid. I use Surefire 6P lights which are 1 inch tube lights and end up with a recoil proof lighting set up for very little $$$$

shootingbuff
08-30-2010, 21:29
I use 1inch Steel scope rings. Gives you 2 mounts in each set of rings and the Warne quick connect rings can be removed quickly for cleaning or whatever and they are rock solid. I use Surefire 6P lights which are 1 inch tube lights and end up with a recoil proof lighting set up for very little $$$$

Yep +1