Powder valley has Federal LPP [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Powder valley has Federal LPP

dsmw5142
08-19-2010, 09:03
I got and email yesterday that I have 10K Federal LPP on the way.

They still have them in stock on the website for $25.50 per 1000.

They also have some other Federal's in stock

Colorado4Wheel
08-19-2010, 17:23
Wow. Still in stock. SP/LP Match as well. This is a good sign that they are still in stock more then 1 hour later.

D. Manley
08-19-2010, 18:33
Wow. Still in stock. SP/LP Match as well. This is a good sign that they are still in stock more then 1 hour later.

And they're Federal, "primers as god intended". I swore after getting some of the very-hard-to-light primers of Wolf's first shipment after the ladtest "shortage" onset that I'd not run short on Federal again. Thanks to Graf's taking backorders after most others had quit, I'll be flush for quite a while.

Colorado4Wheel
08-19-2010, 18:47
That was my thought as well. Lots of people like you around who just want Federal. I am suprised that Federal was in this situation. I was expecting to see Wolf, Remmington and Winchester as the ones that would be in stock before Federal.

D. Manley
08-19-2010, 19:00
That was my thought as well. Lots of people like you around who just want Federal. I am suprised that Federal was in this situation. I was expecting to see Wolf, Remmington and Winchester as the ones that would be in stock before Federal.

Yeah, if you like a particular component its a prudent thing to take care of yourself by looking down the road a ways. I prefer Federal to all others but I have to say, I don't have a problem with Winchester and if I have either of those I'm a happy camper.

Brucev
08-19-2010, 19:15
Primers. Gotta have 'em if you want to get anything going. I adore shooting my military rifles... specifically my 03, 03-A3 and M-1 rifles. I prefer shooting handloads in my bolt-action rifles. About three years ago I got my hands on about 10,000 primers. I thought that would hold me for a long time. Yeh! Thats what I get for thinking. I've got Rem., Fed., and Win. primers. I'll be buying more Federal, when I can find them, along with more powder. You just can't have to much of the stuff on hand... not when you want to be able to shoot!

GioaJack
08-19-2010, 19:28
Mt 20K Wolf primers were delivered today. $18 per K, took less than a week to get here. I've never used 'em before and I know a lot of you have had problems with them but for me it's actually a bonus to have a bunch of misfires.

I work with a lot of cops at the range, old guys and rookies so the misfires come in real handy for getting them use to clearing malfunctions. For me it's no bid deal since I pretty much only shoot real guns, revolvers and 1911. Keep pulling the trigger or just cock the 1911's. Works on the BHP, Walther PP, pretty much everything but the LCP and the G30 safe queen. :supergrin:

Long range black powder this weekend so no pistol but I'll load 'em for next week and let you know if any of 'em actually work.

Jack

D. Manley
08-19-2010, 20:04
Mt 20K Wolf primers were delivered today. $18 per K, took less than a week to get here. I've never used 'em before and I know a lot of you have had problems with them but for me it's actually a bonus to have a bunch of misfires.

I work with a lot of cops at the range, old guys and rookies so the misfires come in real handy for getting them use to clearing malfunctions. For me it's no bid deal since I pretty much only shoot real guns, revolvers and 1911. Keep pulling the trigger or just cock the 1911's. Works on the BHP, Walther PP, pretty much everything but the LCP and the G30 safe queen. :supergrin:

Long range black powder this weekend so no pistol but I'll load 'em for next week and let you know if any of 'em actually work.

Jack

Nah, you'll be just fine with the Wolfs Jack. You ain't shootin' them plastic guns with soft & light sissie triggers like I am and no doubt, they'll light off just dandy. They even lit off in the plastic with the trigger left as Gaston intended........:thumbsup:

GioaJack
08-19-2010, 20:26
Nah, you'll be just fine with the Wolfs Jack. You ain't shootin' them plastic guns with soft & light sissie triggers like I am and no doubt, they'll light off just dandy. They even lit off in the plastic with the trigger left as Gaston intended........:thumbsup:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll take your word for it D. Not sure I can learn the difference between a firing pin and a striker... can't let my buddies seeing me shoot a kid's gun. :supergrin: Thanks.

Jack

kshutt
08-19-2010, 20:31
I got and email yesterday that I have 10K Federal LPP on the way.

They still have them in stock on the website for $25.50 per 1000.

They also have some other Federal's in stock

Holy crap! I had to go look just to see it for myself! They actually have my favorite Feds in stock. It's been a long time since I've seen that! :smoking:

dsmw5142
08-19-2010, 20:42
I was going to buy some of those Wolf LPP from Wideners Jack. I guess I thought about it for an hour too long! When I came back from my lunch break they were GONE!

The silver small pistol ones are pretty hard, but don't give me much of a problem as long as they are seated well.

As far as the Wolf LPP, I have run through a bunch from my last flat and honestly, I can't tell the difference from Winchesters. They load and shoot great! Even in my sissy plastic pistols :whistling:

I guess it worked out as it was meant to though, since I got my Federals a few days later.