Mesa LEO stock question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mesa LEO stock question

rkguy9
08-19-2010, 16:47
I am waiting on a Mesa stock I paid for from a member on this site. In the mean time while waiting, I am selling a Original Remington top fold stock. I was hoping to get the Mesa stock by now, but buyer wants my folder now. Now to the question, when I removed the folder, there was a metal spacer between the stock and the receiver. Is this part of the folding stock or will I need it for the Mesa LEO stock? I have another 870 and it has the ractory black stock, and it does not need the spacer, just don't know the Mesa setup. Thanks for any info, Ed Feel free to PM or email direct.

aippi
08-19-2010, 21:00
That is the stock bearing plate and you do not use it with the Mesa Stock. It is only used for wood stocks.

Before the clowns jump in, I have install dozens of the Mesa LEO stocks, I am a Mesa dealer and listed on their web site and if you look at my web site you will see them on my custom builds. I only mention this because on another site I gave the same information about the bearing plate is not needed on synthetic stocks and the clowns all jumped in about it is needed. My information is correct no matter what gets posted after me.

dc2integra
08-19-2010, 21:26
this guys ^^^^^^^the man when it comes to shotguns

rkguy9
08-20-2010, 03:09
That is the stock bearing plate and you do not use it with the Mesa Stock. It is only used for wood stocks.

Before the clowns jump in, I have install dozens of the Mesa LEO stocks, I am a Mesa dealer and listed on their web site and if you look at my web site you will see them on my custom builds. I only mention this because on another site I gave the same information about the bearing plate is not needed on synthetic stocks and the clowns all jumped in about it is needed. My information is correct no matter what gets posted after me.

Thanks, J.D., you have given me good advice in the past, and I appreciate your explaination and frankness.