Glock 36 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 36

stevenorlando
08-19-2010, 20:15
Hello All,

I just picked up a G36 used. So far I really like it.

However, it shoots all the FMJ ammo no problem, however, with Hornady 185 gr XTP rounds, some of them fail to feed, causing a jam. The round jams on its' way up the feed ramp, not quite in the chamber.

I only tried this with one mag, however, I just got a second mag to try it. I also cleaned the pistol. I am going to try it again tomorrow. Meantime, anyone know of a similar failure to this, and what can be done about it.

Steve

JR
08-20-2010, 15:17
The problem is a combination of the cartridge OAL and hollow point design. The FTF proves to you that ALL loads MUST be field tested before you carry. My advice is to stick with the loads that feed reliably and don’t look back.
If this is not an acceptable answer then you have the option of modifying the feed ramp & chamber but I got to ask.... Why bother? There are plenty of loads that function just fine.

stevenorlando
08-20-2010, 18:24
The problem is a combination of the cartridge OAL and hollow point design. The FTF proves to you that ALL loads MUST be field tested before you carry. My advice is to stick with the loads that feed reliably and donít look back.
If this is not an acceptable answer then you have the option of modifying the feed ramp & chamber but I got to ask.... Why bother? There are plenty of loads that function just fine.

Thanks for your reply. I tried it today with a different mag, and they worked GREAT, and were very accurate. I like these rounds and I will carry with them.

Steve

JR
08-26-2010, 16:42
Great! Now remove the problem mags from your inventory . No sense in keeping them if they are not reliable in your gun. Odds are they will perform flawless in another G36.