Long Range RimFire Precision Aug 29 shoot [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Long Range RimFire Precision Aug 29 shoot

jaisan
08-19-2010, 21:47
HI guys,

Just finished the courses of fire (short course match meaning 25-50 meters) - total of 78 rounds for 22 only - no magnums or 17 hmrs only 22 lr.
First two courses will be standard exercises at 25 meters and 50 meters 4 positions (standing, sitting, kneeling, prone with support, prone no support), then two tactical exercises one from prone for 23 rounds 50 meters and one choose your window for 5 shots at the target. Par times here are 5 shots in one minute.
If there is enough time - we may have a surprise shoot.
Medals only to the top three finishers. Certificates for everyone else indicating level of performance - sharpshooter, marksman, basic rifleman, etc.
To be held at the Armscor range on August 29
Fee is 500 pesos - for the competition plus you get 100 rounds of armscor bullets (yes you have to use these) Your choice of subsonics - standard vel, or high vel. This is part of the fee so you do not have to pay extra for the bullers unless you want more.
We will have a sighting in range throughout the competition plus PPSA NROI will be managing the course. Non-PPSA persons can join!!!!
will have the course ready for downloading tonight if you want pm me with your email address and will email course of fire to you
Please register at the Facebook account of the Armscor Shooting ranges thingamajig... so we know how many people to prepare for.
:wavey: see ya...

Wp.22
08-19-2010, 22:22
my cousin and i will join pending the release of my PTT

stinger030
08-20-2010, 02:42
Are they issuing PTTs for the 22LR rifle now?

jaisan
08-20-2010, 04:32
Yup, I believe so :embarassed: basta 22 not 223....
Even 223 I think - am not sure they gave out some for competition purposes.

jaisan
08-26-2010, 23:35
Hi Guys,
Sunday Aug 29 is near and would appreciate a heads up on who is going to the shoot. Kindly email me at jcg@esi.com.ph, text me 0917 5555 001, or register in facebooks - armsrcor shooting ranges - 22LR fun shoot. Just getting a head count so we can prep the targets and time the events - like surprise shoots, those that want a second run P200 but your bullets, those that want a third run -P100 - note all funds go to armscor - for use of range, props, targets, bad boys, etc...
Will be there in the 75 meter range with 4 NROI range officers, Mon Morales, and possibly my son. As mentioned earlier will have my ruger 10 220 target ready for use (KIDD trigger, 3oz 1st stage, 6 oz 2nd stage) plus Bob Sajots single shot armscor rifle - the prototype will only be released next week pa - sorry..
Be early...
Sailor - aka Johnny Garcia

gundog
08-27-2010, 02:16
will try to join if i get my ptt this afternoon or tom. kinakalawang na cz 22 ko:crying:

Wp.22
08-27-2010, 05:21
What time ba dapat nandoon lalo na kung di naka zero yung rifle

jaisan
08-27-2010, 07:09
Will be there early - hopefully by 7 worst 730. Just look for me will help you zero.

Johnny Gracia:supergrin:

goodtj
08-30-2010, 06:13
tnx for the use of your ruger though my shooting skills doesn't do justice to its excellent trigger i enjoyed it

tj

Taurus
08-30-2010, 10:33
Jaisan,

I had a great time. Thanks for organizing the shoot and for the very helpful pointers.

Looking forward to the next practice/match.

mtho
08-30-2010, 11:47
thanks jaisan, enjoyed the shoot

darth board
08-30-2010, 17:58
thanks taurus for letting me use your cz rifle. enjoy ako kakatama ng hostages.

Wp.22
08-30-2010, 18:06
any photos of this shoot i was not able to attend double birthday celebration breakfast party and meryenda party.

ahtsay
08-30-2010, 22:46
Hey Johnny, it was nice meeting you. Too bad I had to leave early and wasn't able to shoot. Maybe we can try it in laoag :supergrin:

Ace of Spades
08-31-2010, 00:58
Hi johnny!:wavey:

Thank you for the good time we all had last Sunday.

The COFs were really fun and very challenging.

Hope we can make this a regular thing.

Best regards,
Ace

jaisan
08-31-2010, 05:47
Hi guys, I am attaching herewith the scores for the shoots - forgive me if I do not know all our names - matanda na ako. Shoot was very tiring on my part - Armscor is promising me more ranges next time - thanks to all who attended, thanks to the NROI and Doc Cinco for their range officers, to Mon Morales for scoring, my Sandy for tabulating the scores and for those who attended thanks a million - To the winners - Congrats..
Am looking at one match a month - plus structured practices whenever and wherever we can. For those that we could not accomodate - next time - a good shoot is about 15 to 30 persons if we have several ranges and will make the courses more manageable. In Splendido I can handle a lot due to the size. As per my son - the shooters where very friendly and accomodating with sharing their knowledge - which is great!!!

Thanks everyone..

Guys I have pictures of the shoot, but I do not have anymore space here- what do I do - delete my old pictures:dunno:? help?

jaisan
08-31-2010, 06:02
The Scores - sorry forgot to attach...:faint:

jaisan
08-31-2010, 06:50
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=202665&id=785447294&l=503a69446e
pictures...... try this...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/garciajg/?saved=1

Those are the pictures of the competition... Hope it works..
:supergrin:

jaisan
08-31-2010, 08:55
correction on Course 4 there are two first placers namely si Patrick and Heaven who had scores of 80 each and two third placers TJ and Nandy - usually we decide this by a shoot off but since we lack the time we are awarding this in favor of the shooters.
sorry about that.

Taurus
08-31-2010, 09:42
Yay! I won third place!

Actually, what it really means is that I didn't shoot as many hostages as the others. : )

It was surprisingly tiring, almost like shooting an IPSC match. It takes considerable effort and concentration to maintain a steady sight picture 73 times. Also the one minute time limit can be daunting when you're shooting thumb-sized hostage takers' heads at 50 yards.

It was definitely challenging and I recommend that shooters do it at least once for the experience.

mtho
08-31-2010, 12:16
Johnny,
i requested you as a friend in facebook

mtho
08-31-2010, 12:17
Taurus,
Congratulations

Wp.22
08-31-2010, 16:19
Atty congrats at may bipod ka na rin pala

Eye Cutter
09-01-2010, 01:07
wala pa rifle ko!

Taurus
09-01-2010, 02:22
A momentary senior moment here, but I think the shooter who finished in second is Glockityglock... I remember two of them introducing themselves to me but as for the names to go with the faces I'm drawing a blank...

Ace of Spades
09-01-2010, 02:50
hello taurus! it was me w/ the sako and my buddy (he will be a BOG member soon...) w/ the ruger 1022.

it was nice meeting all of you last sunday.

congrats to mtho and everyone there last sunday!

AOS

Taurus
09-01-2010, 02:59
hello taurus! it was me w/ the sako and my buddy (he will be a BOG member soon...) w/ the ruger 1022.

it was nice meeting all of you last sunday.

congrats to mtho and everyone there last sunday!

AOS

Oh, ok.

In that case, congratulations Patrick aka Ace of Spades for winning second place!

Eye Cutter
09-01-2010, 05:50
bro: take ka gingko biloba! si gundog maraming vitamins

jaisan
09-01-2010, 22:25
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delayed response - i got sick. I am attaching herewith the corrected score sheet - congrats to all the winners - Armscor is having the medals and certificates made.

What do you guys say if I break down the competitions to 50 rounds total 25 standards and 25 tactical or should we play it by ear?

The standards are a skill game primarily while the tactical as proven in our competition requires some thinking. When we did the demo and tried to finish the course in one sweep - George, myself, and my son came out soooo tired - that we did not think the tacticals through and took the high scoring shots when we could have played the percentage game with the body hits and missing the hostages instead of trying for high scores and hitting the hostages.:dunno:

Or we can do the tacticals once a month like in sniper hide (50 rounds) and then sometime in the month add the tacticals - this way we focus on each and improve our skills -
Would appreciate comments.

Oh by the way this Sept 18-19 there will be an LRRP competition in Laoag, probably the same standards and if they give me 100 meters the tacticals will be 10 inch, 5 inch, and 3.5 inch plates at a 100 meters with 5 shots to hit each plate (first hit 100 pts, second 80, and so forth) one hit per plate. Score for the 10 inch times one, 5 inch times two, 3 inch times three (highest possible for this stage 600 pts). Aside from this we can do an unofficial competition end of Sept (practice) as we have an official one on Oct.1. will have to balance the tactical and the standards...

jaisan
09-01-2010, 22:34
Oh I forgot,
Taurus - it was nice meeting you and bumping into you again on the street - and no you are not old - we are! I do have my senior moments and body pains.:crying:
Ace of Spades - great shooting dear friend you were up against Mike who does three gun shoots and does it with a 308... he was dang good! :cool:
MTHO - very very nce to have met you... and am looking forward to seeing you in the range.:wavey:
Ahtsay - hope to see you in loaog... by that time will have the armscor prototype - i hope...:whistling:
wp.22 - hope you liked the picture - maybe next time kasama ka sa pictures...
Eye Cutter - maski wala ka pag rifle come over and i'll lend you mine basta buy bullets lang to use...
TJ - anytime you want to shoot in a comp - feel free to come and use my rifle... basta bullets mo -and congrats... my rifle won more times than me...:supergrin:
Gundog - sayang yung CZ mo. I believe they are giving out ptt's na. Hope to see you in the firing line...:embarassed:

mtho
09-01-2010, 23:50
Jaisan,
we've met before. i've been to your house. either that or i'm having a twilight zone moment myself.

i think the 50 round mix scenario is a great idea, i think with more of these type of excercise i can improve my high power hits.

Eye Cutter
09-02-2010, 00:24
maganda sa tactical merong moving targets/barriers! like yung bobbers and swingers to reveal the bad guys and/or hostages!

mtho
09-02-2010, 00:26
doc sige nga tamaan mo nga yung tansan sized swingers from 50meters

Eye Cutter
09-02-2010, 00:36
yun ang thrill doon! hahaha!

wag naman ga-tanzan, pwede na ga-platito! hahaha!

gundog
09-02-2010, 00:38
jaisan, just got it. cya next shoot...practice muna kami

Taurus
09-02-2010, 00:44
Jaisan,

50 rounds per competition may not be enough. Baka bitin. I think the 70+ rounds that you designed is just right.

I think the standard 25-round exercises that you introduced should always be included; to force shooters to practice the five shooting positions.

I concur with the suggestion that reactive targets be used (huwag lang tansan swingers; di na yata uso tansan). This is easier and less controversial to score and the instantaneous feedback encourages audiences to watch and therefore serves to better promote the activity.

My opinion lang.

Eye Cutter
09-02-2010, 00:55
magaling mag design si gundog ng mga movers!

Eye Cutter
09-02-2010, 00:56
feeling tom berenger tayo nyan!

gundog
09-02-2010, 01:27

feeling lang whahahaha:rofl:

mtho
09-02-2010, 01:34
doc,
i need to get my eyes checked, di ko mabasa yung tansan sized numbers from 50 meters. and thats thru a 10x powed scope

gundog
09-02-2010, 01:40
doc,
i need to get my eyes checked, di ko mabasa yung tansan sized numbers from 50 meters. and thats thru a 10x powed scope

palagay k ng crosshair sa mata wag red dot:rofl:

Wp.22
09-02-2010, 01:57

wag naman si tom berenger putol daliri nung sa unang sniper pa lang pwede na si marky mark or si jude law

itch
09-03-2010, 19:43
sir jaisan

how about .22 magnum rifle? is it not permitted?

jaisan
09-03-2010, 23:14
Hi Itch,
Currently 22 lr lang. If we use the magnum on the 22 lr plates - butas... perhaps in the future if there is a large 22 magnum following - a special competition can be held...

jaisan
09-03-2010, 23:20
Mtho - yup, i think so....:supergrin:
Taurus - yup will keep the standards but balance off the tactical side either by using a weighted system based on number of rounds over total or by keeping all shots with a max ten points - will think of something. Will also have to think of tie breakers without the person being there - so people can shoot in the morning and leave - maybe for ties like highest number of tens, then highest number of nines, or the person with the highest cumulative score for the total match beats a person with the same score in the individual courses if there is a tie. - some way to simplify and make life easier yet still fair for everyone.:embarassed:

itch
09-04-2010, 07:33
Hi Itch,
Currently 22 lr lang. If we use the magnum on the 22 lr plates - butas... perhaps in the future if there is a large 22 magnum following - a special competition can be held...

thank you very much sir. i hope to join in the future matches. sana maging regular monthly 'to.

Eye Cutter
09-04-2010, 10:30
sabi ni markdaspark pbd will have a sale starting monday! bili-bili na! they have remington, marlin and anschutz rifles in stock!