Question on Dillon accessory??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question on Dillon accessory???

davesretired1
08-21-2010, 14:58
Has anyone tried the roll around cage that Dillon sells for picking up brass? I know my back would appreciate it if it really works. Didn't think to look at it the last time I was over there. By the way, if any of you are out the Phoenix/Scottsdale way, they have a nice tour of the building. The only place they don't take you to is the part of the building where they build the Aero mini-gun. You can look at it through the chain link. TIA.

GioaJack
08-21-2010, 15:02
Don't know about the Dillon model or the cost, I use the Brass Wizard, around $45. Best thing invented since sliced white bread... especially if you're shooting on the butler's day off.

Jack

unclebob
08-21-2010, 15:23
I got one at one of my gun clubs. Probably the same company. I like shooting over a mesh tarp better and use a gopher pick up too for the ones that make it off the tarp. If you have rocks or small holes in the dirt they donít work very well.

fredj338
08-21-2010, 16:38
They work, but they pick up everything. So if you shoot where there has been a lot of Blazer alum & wolf going down, you still have to sort the good from the bad. Borrow some kids, pay then w/ an icecream, works just as well.

shotgunred
08-21-2010, 16:43
So I take it that it won't to well in the gravel that my club uses for mud control.

unclebob
08-21-2010, 16:46
So I take it that it won't to well in the gravel that my club uses for mud control.
Nope it picks them up too.

IndyGunFreak
08-21-2010, 18:29
http://www.amazon.com/Oxo-Grips-Upright-Dustpan-Silver/dp/B0000CFNVN/ref=pd_sbs_k_4

Works on any surface... :) I get gravel in my bucket on occasion. I put the brass in my big bucket, go home, run all contents through my media storter(Frankford Arsenal)... If you use just a little bit of care during sweeping, I'd say a vast majority of the junk, gets culled out at this point. Every so often I have to pull out a larger piece of gravel. After that, I start sorting and inspecting brass to be cleaned.

IGF