what do you all think about this? crimp add-on for you presses. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : what do you all think about this? crimp add-on for you presses.

Bello
08-21-2010, 19:28
http://precisionaccuracycompany.com/index.html

IndyGunFreak
08-21-2010, 20:00
Uh.. I think if I was gonna complicate my LCT, I'd do it w/ a bullet feeder before I did it w/ that thing. That seems like a total waste of money to me.

IGF

GioaJack
08-21-2010, 20:02
Spend your money on lotto tickets, that way you at least stand a chance of not blowing it.

Jack

IndyGunFreak
08-21-2010, 20:06
Spend your money on lotto tickets, that way you at least stand a chance of not blowing it.

Jack

:rofl:

Ouch!

IGF

sig357fan
08-21-2010, 23:55
looks like a fancy way to attach a torque wrench to your press.....do we really need to start treating our presses like an AR-15?

sig357fan

meleors
08-22-2010, 01:38
Why get that when you can use a LEE FCD!:rofl:

dudel
08-22-2010, 03:45
I suspect they are trying to get a more consistent projectile pull.

I'm not sure how that would take into account case wall thickness, neck tension, projectile diameter, etc. All things which affect the projectile pull. I don't see it working at all on a progressive press as there are too many other forces involved in the torque on the handle.

Bello
08-22-2010, 06:56
i just came across the video on youtube while watching some other stuff and i seen that they tested various crimp pressures against grouping on targets was pretty amazing what i had seen on the video

D. Manley
08-22-2010, 12:34
Though not necessary (or probably even, desirable) for anything within what I'd call "normal" reloading practices I must say the developer deserves credit for a very thoughtful design. I suppose if a guy were going for utmost accuracy, a calibrated crimp might offer a tad more consistency...IF he crimped his rounds at all and IF he were using a compatible press. Seems unlikely to me though that anyone in that category would be shooting for precision loading on such as a LCT though. Still, someone was awake thinking some night rather than snoozing........

GLShooter
08-23-2010, 16:58
Though not necessary (or probably even, desirable) for anything within what I'd call "normal" reloading practices I must say the developer deserves credit for a very thoughtful design. I suppose if a guy were going for utmost accuracy, a calibrated crimp might offer a tad more consistency...IF he crimped his rounds at all and IF he were using a compatible press. Seems unlikely to me though that anyone in that category would be shooting for precision loading on such as a LCT though. Still, someone was awake thinking some night rather than snoozing........

I just happen to be doing a test for the developer on that equipment now. I have started shooting some crimped loads using it. The data I have seen from others looks good. I actually went out and BOUGHT a Lee FCD in 223 and one in 243 for the test!!

It won't work on a progressive but if your rifle likes the crimp it should pay off in many cases. We all know that some cartridges do best with a crimp or from the physics of recoil need a crimp and I can see where this would pay in repeatable crimping. I can see good use for it in magnum handguns. What is a "heavy"crimp on a 44 Mag using 296? can you set your dies up for the same crimp if they have been adjusted since you worked up that super load?

Greg