ESEE to release a folder in December... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ESEE to release a folder in December...

skippz
08-22-2010, 04:33
Man, this thing is a freakin' beast.... I'll definetly be grabbin' one!

What do you guys think?

http://www.eseeknives.com/hest_folder.htm

Pierre!
08-22-2010, 14:55
Even looks like there is a bottle opener included in that fine looking folder!

Nice...

syntaxerrorsix
08-23-2010, 06:54
I'm interested. The choil looks like a snag waiting to happen. Other than that I like it.

ILannoyed
08-23-2010, 06:58
I like it. I wonder what the warranty will be like. I'm tough on folders.

ETA: read the description. Full ESEE warranty. I'm in.

syntaxerrorsix
08-23-2010, 07:11
I like it. I wonder what the warranty will be like. I'm tough on folders.

ETA: read the description. Full ESEE warranty. I'm in.

This is their current stance.

No Questions Asked Warranty. If you screw it up, break it, or cut it in two with a cutting torch, send it back and we'll replace it.......

http://www.eseeknives.com/warranty.htm

Weird, I didn't see your edit even when I quoted you. Selective reading this morning I suppose :dunno:

mesteve2
09-07-2010, 19:23
I'm interested. The choil looks like a snag waiting to happen. Other than that I like it.

I noticed that first thing.

I would get one if I was younger at 69 it might be more than I will be able to wear out.

The price is out of my reach.that price is about 1/3 of what I get from social security.:wow:

syntaxerrorsix
09-07-2010, 19:29

I would get one if I was younger at 69 it might be more than I will be able to wear out.

The price is out of my reach.that price is about 1/3 of what I get from social security.:wow:

69? Heck that's just the age to look into quality heirlooms your kid's will appreciate. What? You saving up for a new walker :tongueout:

cosmose
09-07-2010, 21:06
looks awesome but the price is a big bummer:shocked: esee's are usually affordable.i hope the izula folder is more reasonable priced.

Frontiersman101
09-08-2010, 01:44
Bladeforums/ESEE subforum. They can tell you anything you need to know about it.

syntaxerrorsix
09-08-2010, 14:14
looks awesome but the price is a big bummer:shocked: esee's are usually affordable.i hope the izula folder is more reasonable priced.

I tend to suspect most folders of comparable grade to their fixed blade cousins will be pricier. They are harder to make and have moving parts.

tripton
09-08-2010, 17:38

I tend to suspect most folders of comparable grade to their fixed blade cousins will be pricier. They are harder to make and have moving parts.

FWIW, MSRP is $252, but street price is $175 shipped. Compare that to a Strider, of similar materials and quality. In the same range as an Emerson, but with a framelock, rotoblock, better steel, and no fit and finish issues.

syntaxerrorsix
09-08-2010, 19:27
FWIW, MSRP is $252, but street price is $175 shipped. Compare that to a Strider, of similar materials and quality. In the same range as an Emerson, but with a framelock, rotoblock, better steel, and no fit and finish issues.

Have you seen one on the street yet?

tripton
09-08-2010, 19:30
Have you seen one on the street yet?

Not until early Dec.

I have complete faith in ESEE when it comes to what they release. If the finish isnt as good as the rest of the line, they wont sell them. Lionsteel is quite reputable, and that is who is making the HEST folder.

Prototypes are slated to be done in the next few weeks, so we should be seeing some photos that are not renderings.

syntaxerrorsix
09-09-2010, 12:11
Not until early Dec.

I have complete faith in ESEE when it comes to what they release. If the finish isnt as good as the rest of the line, they wont sell them. Lionsteel is quite reputable, and that is who is making the HEST folder.

Prototypes are slated to be done in the next few weeks, so we should be seeing some photos that are not renderings.

I suppose we'll see. I certainly don't see the knife as cost prohibitive and may end up with one myself.