550B demo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 550B demo

nostradumass
08-23-2010, 07:38
Thanks to Ron59 for a 550B demo on Sat. I had a great time. Can hardly wait until Christmas to get mine. Coffee, Red Bull,Demo, and shooting 200rds at the range ...what a Sat. it was. Thanks Ron59 for a Great Time! :cool:

ron59
08-23-2010, 12:02
My pleasure, Reggie.

Like I mentioned before... you have any troubles/questions with setting yours up, let me know, be glad to help out. Hopefully I'll see you 9/4 for Steel Challenge in Edgemoore.

Okay, the rest of you reloaders... that's the SECOND guy I've had over this month! Bob (Hd_Renegage) was over 3 weeks ago for a visit with the 550.

Are *you* trying to help out newbies enter the hobby? :supergrin:

Hogpauls
08-23-2010, 14:56
Gosh if I ever decide to get a Dillon you wanna come over? It might be a bit of a drive.

ron59
08-23-2010, 15:29
Gosh if I ever decide to get a Dillon you wanna come over? It might be a bit of a drive.

Dillon, LoadMaster, whatever you got.... :whistling:

IndyGunFreak
08-23-2010, 15:41
My pleasure, Reggie.

Like I mentioned before... you have any troubles/questions with setting yours up, let me know, be glad to help out. Hopefully I'll see you 9/4 for Steel Challenge in Edgemoore.

Okay, the rest of you reloaders... that's the SECOND guy I've had over this month! Bob (Hd_Renegage) was over 3 weeks ago for a visit with the 550.

Are *you* trying to help out newbies enter the hobby? :supergrin:

I've introduced a few folks to reloading.... not recently, but I don't really hang out w/ that many shooters.

shotgunred
08-23-2010, 15:49

I am going through the panhandle in a few weeks. Or do you live in the bad part of Idaho?

PCJim
08-23-2010, 20:27
Well, not to rain on the parade but Ron, you can count me in....

I introduced two newbies to reloading within the last six weeks. Both times, I gave them an introductory lesson on reloading (including showing them where starting load data can be found) as well as a brief overview of how the process works on the 550b. I let them both reload their own ammo on my 550b, obviously under my watchful eye.

ron59
08-23-2010, 20:33
Well, not to rain on the parade but Ron, you can count me in....

I introduced two newbies to reloading within the last six weeks. Both times, I gave them an introductory lesson on reloading (including showing them where starting load data can be found) as well as a brief overview of how the process works on the 550b. I let them both reload their own ammo on my 550b, obviously under my watchful eye.

Good stuff.
I point newbies to this series of videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRZrbv_8kx4&feature=related
While the title says "Dillon 550B", there's a LOT of good info to be had. He shows looking up data in one of the loading manuals, how to use a beam scale, etc. So even if the curious person was thinking of a Lee, Hornady, etc., some good info could be had.

Reggie appears set on a 550B, but Bob is still in the investigation stage. We'll see where he ends up.

Hogpauls
08-23-2010, 21:59
I am going through the panhandle in a few weeks. Or do you live in the bad part of Idaho?

I wouldn't call it the bad part of Idaho.........just a little more populated.